Memberships

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Memberships

Postby biffer on Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:03 pm

New Memberships (Castle Club) launched.

Priced at £60 [Castle Club] and £36 [Castle Club Juniors] per person respectively, benefits include:

CASTLE CLUB
A bespoke Edinburgh Rugby face covering

Priority access to one match ticket per member per game throughout the 2020/21 season at a preferential rate (20% discount)

Priority access to season ticket sales and renewals

All supporters who purchase a Castle Club package will receive a 25% discount on the price of a 2020/21 season ticket product, if/when this is on sale

Priority access to 1872 Cup tickets and away fixture packages

Potential to access exclusive virtual match-day or match-week content and exclusive member competitions and events

Access to purchase a discounted annual Premier Sports subscription at £80 per membership

https://www.edinburghrugby.org/the-club ... s-launched

Look ok to me, particularly as you'll get a bit of the money back if you buy a season ticket. Having a better method of priority access for people who can't go to every home game is good as well, as is priority for away tickets.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Re: Memberships

Postby The Feral Goat on Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:22 pm

Sounds reasonable for £60, although not convinced we will be back sitting at a game until into 2021 so cost of STs may be half season rather than full.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:24 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:Sounds reasonable for £60, although not convinced we will be back sitting at a game until into 2021 so cost of STs may be half season rather than full.

Yeah, that's equally the case. However the members are going to undoubtedly have first refusal when crowds are limited, and I'm fortunate enough that I can afford to chuck the extra £30 their way to try to help Scottish Rugby keep going.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:33 pm

Yeah agree same here.

In future the membership should work a bit like glasgows in the past, once we are in and hopefully filling minifield, allow members to access tickets first without the time and cost commitment of a full ST, should there be capacity.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Ayton1keith on Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:59 pm

Yeah, that's equally the case. However the members are going to undoubtedly have first refusal when crowds are limited, and I'm fortunate enough that I can afford to chuck the extra £30 their way to try to help Scottish Rugby keep going.[/quote]

As a ST holder for many years and someone who forfeited a refund on last year’s ticket, I asked whether those club members would then have priority of a ST Holder, answer was no.
I don’t have and don’t want Premier sports so to make any savings for my £60 to become a club member, my next ST would need to cost £241 (saving 25p).

Call me cynical but I this as either
a) a way to try and offset some of the £18m black hole in the SRU coffers or
b) the marketing of tickets for mini Murrayfield
Ayton1keith
World Cup Star

Postby Martin Bell on Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:50 pm

It probably is both! It's understandable in the current circumstances and I think it's a good way of generating some cashflow and rewarding folk who commit now, given that we may not actually be able to attend in person until 2021, as TFG says. I've been happy to buy today.

I did have the same question about the position of existing ST holders and presume that there will be some sort of priority in allocating specific locations in Minifield, once we get to a place where (half) season tickets are possible. For example, gold ST holders in 2019/20 having first refusal on similar ST seats in Minifield. More generally, the Capital Club concept looks like the Warrior Nation one and is very welcome.
Proud former sponsor of McKane legend @m4gnet_ and future Glasgow legend Rory Darge and current sponsor of @Muncaster_Ben
#lovinthescrummin
Martin Bell
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:18 pm

Ayton1keith wrote:

Yeah. It's hardly hidden, it's a way to get some money in.

I'm comfortable with that. If you're not, don't pay for it.

But then don't complain if those of us who did get first option on things.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Ayton1keith on Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:52 pm

biffer wrote:
Ayton1keith wrote:

Well that’s me told but please spare a thought to those unfortunate enough to have lost their jobs or been furloughed during these unprecedented times and may not be in a position to take advantage of this offer when you get first option on things
Ayton1keith
World Cup Star

Postby toocoldhere on Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:19 am

ER confirmed on Facebook that 19-20 ST holders will get first priority for the next season tickets, followed by the new Castle Club
toocoldhere
Established pro

Postby biffer on Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:45 pm

Ayton1keith wrote:
biffer wrote:
Ayton1keith wrote:

Well that’s me told but please spare a thought to those unfortunate enough to have lost their jobs or been furloughed during these unprecedented times and may not be in a position to take advantage of this offer when you get first option on things

Which is a different point from the one you originally made. I acknowledged I'm lucky enough to be able to do it in my post.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:39 am

I am torn on this, it is basically a donation with a few carrots thrown in there. I think there is potential to have been more creative and create more of a product for buyers.

The Q&A with Cockers over the summer was a good example, I was a bit miffed that ST holders were asked to stump up for that even after agreeing to leave the full payment with the club. Something similar could have been done, or even the chance to be a mini player sponsor for £50 and have each of the players doing a 1hr q&a for each of the sponsors and a raffle for their kit or whatever. Possibly a voucher for a % off in the club shop, given there is retail markup it would have been possible to make it look attractive.

I fully understand the need and will likely cough up, but if it is a donation you are asking for then just come out and say it. For a ST holder its not really attractive to "buy", so feels a bit half hearted.

I might just buy stuff from the shop to a similar value instead, at least I feel I am helping and getting something in return. I agree also with the point that those who have been loyal ST holders shouldn't be penalised if they cant afford this. We have sat through some horrific sights and deserve a bit of respect form the club for that.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:17 pm

I signed up-not particularly to use any of the benefits but as much to help the club.
I already have Premier Sports and spoke to them as my subscription renews shortly.They quoted a renewal of £120.I mentioned the Castle Club promo of £80 but was told that only applied to new subscribers.After a bit of negotiating they agreed to reduce my renewal to £99.
Really just flagging this up for others especially if the Premier Sports sub is crucial to their decision on whether to take out this new membership.
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum