Tickets

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Tickets

Postby biffer on Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:59 pm

Ok, let’s see who can come up with the wackiest way to distribute the tickets for next Friday.

I think you take all the numbers in your membership number and add them up, then do the same for the total, repeat until you have a single number. Gives an even distribution of 0-9. If we have two thousand season tickets, then that should be roughly 200 for each number. Three numbers gives about 600, leaving some for sponsors.

E.g. your number is 012345
0+1+2+3+4+5 = 10
1+0 = 1
If number 1 is selected you get a ticket.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Re: Tickets

Postby sammy on Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:16 pm

A bit contentious but make it age dependant. No over sixties as the are more at risk and don't pay full subs. Exclude under thirties as the have a higher percentage of covid idiots. No surprise that I'm between 30 and 60 years old. :wink:
Sammy
sammy
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:47 pm

sammy wrote:A bit contentious but make it age dependant. No over sixties as the are more at risk and don't pay full subs. Exclude under thirties as the have a higher percentage of covid idiots. No surprise that I'm between 30 and 60 years old. :wink:

I assume that’s meant to be an attempt at humour
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby Martin Bell on Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:55 pm

I wonder how many people have Gold STs and also how many of whatever category have donated the balance of their ST to the club. Either look like possible criteria. The alternative would be some sort of random draw.

Whatever method they use needs to be turned round quickly if as close to 700 people as possible are to turn up on Friday. Going for an existing list of folk would make sense.
Proud former sponsor of McKane legend @m4gnet_ and future Glasgow legend Rory Darge and current sponsor of @Muncaster_Ben
#lovinthescrummin
Martin Bell
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:11 pm

Martin Bell wrote:I wonder how many people have Gold STs and also how many of whatever category have donated the balance of their ST to the club. Either look like possible criteria. The alternative would be some sort of random draw.

Whatever method they use needs to be turned round quickly if as close to 700 people as possible are to turn up on Friday. Going for an existing list of folk would make sense.

I wonder if there will be any tickets for Glasgow fans as surely that would be the equivalent of a public sale, I think it’ll just be something For the edin ST holders as there isnt much time to sort much else out. Some folk will be disappointed, in the situation a bit of suck it up required.
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:26 pm

No idea how they are going to do it. Im guessing a ballot of ST holders. I would have thought that it would have been sensible to contact ST holders and ask if they had the chance would they actually go? By leaving it late it could be a bit of a mess due to people not being able to make it and not turning up.

I kind of hope that the Castle Club doenst come into it, ST holders didn't get a great deal last year and if they are told they should have paid more to have a chance is not great PR.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby Martin Bell on Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:55 pm

'Ticket ballot', according to the great "Scoop" Palmer: https://twitter.com/bignic16/status/129 ... 07904?s=09
Proud former sponsor of McKane legend @m4gnet_ and future Glasgow legend Rory Darge and current sponsor of @Muncaster_Ben
#lovinthescrummin
Martin Bell
World Cup Star

Postby Weegie on Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:38 pm

Martin Bell wrote:'Ticket ballot', according to the great "Scoop" Palmer: https://twitter.com/bignic16/status/129 ... 07904?s=09

How will they do a ballot? See who wants tickets then ballot them?

I can't see how a ballot will be other than complex. The ballot has to only include people have said they want tickets, so there have to a mechanism to express interest, have a ballot, then the successful pay for tickets.

Why bother with something so cumbersome and time consuming? just put them on sale to a limited group or groups and when they are gone, they are gone.
Weegie
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:41 pm

Surely this game is still part of last seasons ST package? It is already pre paid

I can understand a ballot of ST holders but if other groups get tickets which I have already paid for I won’t be impressed.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:51 pm

dolf_lundgren wrote:Surely this game is still part of last seasons ST package? It is already pre paid

I can understand a ballot of ST holders but if other groups get tickets which I have already paid for I won’t be impressed.

I doubt it, presumably this game forms part of the refund?
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:13 pm

dolf_lundgren wrote:Surely this game is still part of last seasons ST package? It is already pre paid

It’s a dilemma, if you asked for a refund then I suppose you should pay for it, if you didn’t then perhaps you should be considered for the trial if you want
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:25 pm

sammy wrote:A bit contentious but make it age dependant. No over sixties as the are more at risk and don't pay full subs. Exclude under thirties as the have a higher percentage of covid idiots. No surprise that I'm between 30 and 60 years old. :wink:

10 replies and one person took it in the manner intended. Well done sammy.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby New Gunner on Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:38 pm

My thought had been it would be Edinburgh residents only (to limit travelling and any spread). We know from the Myreside modelling that the club has the supporter data by radius from Murrayfield.

I also wondered if they would go for Gold ST holders first (frustrating for others but its defensible I think).

I wondered about those who donated their ST revenue (I did), but then decided that would be unfair as I’m sure a lot of people didn’t donate due to financial circumstances (whether Covid-related or not) and it wouldn’t sit well with me.

On a health basis I could see the rationale for excluding those over say 60, but... obviously you just can’t do that.

Any method will have pros and cons.
New Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:55 pm

Wottie wrote:

I doubt it, presumably this game forms part of the refund?

True I’d forgotten about that. I didn’t take it but suppose it was offered.
It would still be good to reward loyalty

We all wanted to have more scarcity to help sell tickets, didn’t think they would be this scarece though!
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby Martin Bell on Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:26 pm

Club has now emailed. ST holder ballot, preference given to those closest to BTM, tickets sold in pairs. Ballot on Wed, tickets emailed to the lucky 700 on Thurs. Various sensible conditions - masks, 2m distancing, only household together etc.
#lovinthescrummin
Martin Bell
World Cup Star

Next

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum