Tickets

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Tickets

Postby sammy on Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:35 pm

Would have liked to have gone, but the same household rule has done for me. Not too bothered as it's basically a friendly, but hope that's just going to be the criteria for this one game.
Sammy
sammy
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:44 pm

Martin Bell wrote:Club has now emailed. ST holder ballot, preference given to those closest to BTM, tickets sold in pairs. Ballot on Wed, tickets emailed to the lucky 700 on Thurs. Various sensible conditions - masks, 2m distancing, only household together etc.

Was never going to be ideal Needs to be a bigger picture thing here though. Pleasantly surprised to see some reasonable attitudes through west
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:33 pm

I’ve applied, wife and I have STs * so conditions are ok although masks in what really is the outdoors? Ah well, fingers crossed.
* both in my name so one chance at ballot.
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby Yonthing on Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:25 pm

Martin Bell wrote:Club has now emailed. ST holder ballot, preference given to those closest to BTM, tickets sold in pairs. Ballot on Wed, tickets emailed to the lucky 700 on Thurs. Various sensible conditions - masks, 2m distancing, only household together etc.

The method of allocation was always going to be terrible, I’m guessing the SRU have been given some tight constraints by the Scottish Government and they’ve come up with something workable and containable in the time available. I know there’s a lot of fans ranting, but we are in extreme times and this is a learning experience, so I hope it provides valuable data.

Haven’t received any email so far, but then there is only one ticket in my household so maybe they didn’t bother sending to those households (got the Castle Club emails, so I know I’m on the list somewhere). Maybe if not all the pairs are taken up they’ll select some single STs who are close to Murrayfield to fill the gaps (10 minute walk 8) )
Yonthing
International

Postby The Feral Goat on Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:23 pm

Big picture is right, this is a test event for a lot more than rugby. There will be many people looking at how this goes, some who's livelihoods may depend on it being a success.

The measures around it may sound overly cautious, but it shows how far away we are from getting back to a normal sporting experience among many other aspects of life at present.

Hopefully all goes well and we may get allowed to do similar or a few more for a home semi.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Ayton1keith on Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:25 pm

Totally agree with all the covid precautions put in place for Friday, but can’t help thinking that the SRU are taking the urine asking for £20 per ticket (£40 per household), especially with any people either furloughed or even lost their jobs. Would be interested to find out the number of ST holders who refused a refund on last seasons ticket and the up take on the Castle Club. For what is now basically a dead rubber and a Gov test case, then tickets should have been free with the Gov. incurring the cost.
Ayton1keith
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:41 pm

Ayton1keith wrote:Totally agree with all the covid precautions put in place for Friday, but can’t help thinking that the SRU are taking the urine asking for £20 per ticket (£40 per household), especially with any people either furloughed or even lost their jobs. Would be interested to find out the number of ST holders who refused a refund on last seasons ticket and the up take on the Castle Club. For what is now basically a dead rubber and a Gov test case, then tickets should have been free with the Gov. incurring the cost.

You make an event free you’ll get people who’ll ask for tickets and no show. If the weathers jamesmatthew they’ll not bother. They could swither about going and ‘decide on the night’. If you put out 20/40 quid you’ll probably go or you’ll say I’ll miss this one and go to the next one if it looks ok.

People lose their jobs all the time, why is this any different? And this dead rubber pish rips ma knitting, it’s an ‘also ran’ mentality, we’re playing Glasgow ffs prior to a semi, I bet Cockers isn’t calling it a dead rubber.
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby Martin Bell on Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:17 pm

For what it's worth, I think this is a pretty good approach to a difficult situation. Living over the water, I don't expect to get tickets and that's fair enough. If it means we might be able to get some more folk in for the semi-final, then great.
Proud former sponsor of McKane legend @m4gnet_ and future Glasgow legend Rory Darge and current sponsor of @Muncaster_Ben
#lovinthescrummin
Martin Bell
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:38 am

Hmm, decided not to go, 3 of us generally go togetrher but don't live in the same household so not really feasible to do it.

During the conversation there is 1 of our 3 who is really annoyed at having not asked for a refund on the ST and joined the Castle Club and now being asked to effectively fork out £40 to watch a relatively meaningless game. Im not that bothered but have sympathy for that. I do think the club could do more for this group who have stuck by them and put their cash in. Doesn't need to be expensive or a big thing, but online access to player interviews Q&A with Cockers, voucher for the shop or something just to acknowledge the commitment would help. Particularly given the pro14 have basically publicised the discount code for everyone anyway!

For clarity I haven't joined the Castle Club and still undecided.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby sammy on Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:24 pm

I think they might struggle to get numbers they want.

I suspect most don't go to the rugby with someone else in their household. The weather, likely quiet atmosphere, and the fact that it's more of a pre-season game will put a lot off. Even those that go to games with their family, might not find the pairings work for them. There will also be very committed people that pay for two tickets and just go themselves.

That may be mitigated by rule breakers who ignore the same household rule (who's going to check after all). Not saying I'll do that if same thing happens for the Semi.
Sammy
sammy
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:31 pm

Presumably you'd need to have two season tickets registered to same address-so you can't buck the system?
Oh and sitting beside a friend breaches the two metre rule anyway so surely no one on here would think of doing that...
Not sure why season ticket holders have to pay anyway-surely this is still part of the regular season-but obviouslt missing something here (I'm not an ST holder so no axe to grind on this.)
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:42 pm

sammy wrote:I think they might struggle to get numbers they want.

I suspect most don't go to the rugby with someone else in their household. The weather, likely quiet atmosphere, and the fact that it's more of a pre-season game will put a lot off. Even those that go to games with their family, might not find the pairings work for them. There will also be very committed people that pay for two tickets and just go themselves.

That may be mitigated by rule breakers who ignore the same household rule (who's going to check after all). Not saying I'll do that if same thing happens for the Semi.

Would be a shame it they didn’t reach the numbers, could have easily included GW ST holders in EH postcodes
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby sammy on Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:50 pm

Season Ticket holders got a refund for the remaining games, or gifted the refund back to the club. One of the games is an extra game too I think. Does feel like a bit of a slap in the face for those that gifted the refund though.

I'm not sure if the other person in the household needs to be a season ticket holder or not, or if there are any checks. I've been a stickler for the rules, but do sometimes wonder why I bother when watching hordes of people going into a flat for a house party, even my colleagues who pretty sensible (and are working from home) are meeting in the pub (no mask required) and ignoring the number in each household rule, and I'm sure the two meter rule too.

I hope they relax and allow a pair bubble with someone you know well and trust. It's really harsh on people living and working on their own at the moment, and the risk if you have a mask on, are outdoors, and not sitting face to face, seems pretty small, much smaller than some activities that are currently allowed. There's also a risk of people giving up their support if this is to be the new norm.
Sammy
sammy
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:59 pm

sammy wrote:Season Ticket holders got a refund for the remaining games, or gifted the refund back to the club. One of the games is an extra game too I think. Does feel like a bit of a slap in the face for those that gifted the refund though.

I'm not sure if the other person in the household needs to be a season ticket holder or not, or if there are any checks. I've been a stickler for the rules, but do sometimes wonder why I bother when watching hordes of people going into a flat for a house party, even my colleagues who pretty sensible (and are working from home) are meeting in the pub (no mask required) and ignoring the number in each household rule, and I'm sure the two meter rule too.

I hope they relax and allow a pair bubble with someone you know well and trust. It's really harsh on people living and working on their own at the moment, and the risk if you have a mask on, are outdoors, and not sitting face to face, seems pretty small, much smaller than some activities that are currently allowed. There's also a risk of people giving up their support if this is to be the new norm.

q & a says it the same household not another ST holder. This is a test event and unlikely to be the new norm.
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby sammy on Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:06 pm

Fingers crossed, would love to be back watching games live.
Sammy
sammy
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum