Scarlets.v edinburgh 6:45 Sunday 1st nov

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Scarlets.v edinburgh 6:45 Sunday 1st nov

Postby The Feral Goat on Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:40 pm

Edinburgh
: J Blain; G Taylor, M Bennett, C Dean, J Farndale; J van der Walt, H Pyrgos (captain); P Schoeman, M Willemse, M McCallum, L Carmichael, A Davidson, M Bradbury, A Miller, N Haining. Substitutes: D Cherry, J Bhatti, W Nel, A Ferreira, C Boyle, C Shiel, N Chamberlain, J Johnstone.

Scarlets:
J McNicholl; T Morgan, S Hughes (captain), P Asquith, S Evans; A O’Brien, D Blacker; P Price, T Davies, J Sebastian, J Helps, M Jones, U Cassiem, J Morgan, S Kalamafoni. Substitutes: D Booth, R Evans, W Kruger, J Price, E Kennedy, W Homer, D Jones, T Prydie.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Re: Scarlets.v edinburgh 6:45 Sunday 1st nov

Postby The Chiel on Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:49 am

The Feral Goat wrote:Edinburgh
: J Blain; G Taylor, M Bennett, C Dean, J Farndale; J van der Walt, H Pyrgos (captain); P Schoeman, M Willemse, M McCallum, L Carmichael, A Davidson, M Bradbury, A Miller, N Haining. Substitutes: D Cherry, J Bhatti, W Nel, A Ferreira, C Boyle, C Shiel, N Chamberlain, J Johnstone.

Scarlets:
J McNicholl; T Morgan, S Hughes (captain), P Asquith, S Evans; A O’Brien, D Blacker; P Price, T Davies, J Sebastian, J Helps, M Jones, U Cassiem, J Morgan, S Kalamafoni. Substitutes: D Booth, R Evans, W Kruger, J Price, E Kennedy, W Homer, D Jones, T Prydie.

Just to add :

Unavailable due to injury: Luke Crosbie, Matt Gordon, Viliame Mata, Grant Gilchrist, Damien Hoyland, Fraser McKenzie

Unavailable due to international selection: Simon Berghan, Stuart McInally, Jamie Ritchie, Rory Sutherland, Ben Toolis, Hamish Watson, Darcy Graham, Blair Kinghorn, Duhan van der Merwe, Mesulame Kunavula

I don't have a fixation with him ( honest ) , but Sau not mentioned at all and replaced by a centre playing wing ? Have I missed something ?
The Chiel
World Cup Star

Postby robdinsdale on Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:21 pm

The Chiel wrote:I don't have a fixation with him ( honest ) , but Sau not mentioned at all and replaced by a centre playing wing ? Have I missed something ?

Think his wife has given birth.
robdinsdale
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:32 pm

robdinsdale wrote:
The Chiel wrote:I don't have a fixation with him ( honest ) , but Sau not mentioned at all and replaced by a centre playing wing ? Have I missed something ?

This is correct allowed weekend off for birth, think duhan could have played tonight given he only got 15-20 mins yesterday and they are in the same ground.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby The Chiel on Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:37 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:
robdinsdale wrote:

This is correct allowed weekend off for birth, think duhan could have played tonight given he only got 15-20 mins yesterday and they are in the same ground.

Thanks both - absolutely right and proper Sau gets time off.

DVDM won't have been part of the training / prep for this game so wouldn't have been considered. Although frankly training / prep consisting of "pass him the effing ball as often as possible" would probably have been sufficient :lol:

Given the injuries to Russell and Hastings, I think a bit of additional pressure on JVDW to perform tonight ?
The Chiel
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:35 pm

who sent the f'in tee on? NO player made that decision
joe soap
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:37 pm

Jeez tough half of rugby.

Conditions poor, early injuries but we look toothless in attack.

Agree joe had to go for scrum, Scarlets lucky not to have someone in bin already.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Martin Bell on Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:41 pm

#lovinthescrummin'
Proud former sponsor of McKane legend @m4gnet_ and future Glasgow legend Rory Darge and current sponsor of @Muncaster_Ben
#lovinthescrummin
Martin Bell
World Cup Star

Postby gowrie on Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:44 pm

Gutting for McCallum, doesn't get many opportunities and it's cut short right away. Injuries are definitely a concern, running about in those conditions must be exhausting.

Only so much a team can do in conditions like that, but can't believe it took us so long to take the 3. And the Scarlets keeping all 15 on is getting a bit ridiculous if every scrum ends in a penalty against them.
gowrie
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:46 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:Jeez tough half of rugby.

Conditions poor, early injuries but we look toothless in attack.

Agree joe had to go for scrum, Scarlets lucky not to have someone in bin already.

should have been binned before they subbed the LH. I doubt Scarlets can believe their luck, avoided a man in the bin and a likely pushover or pen try by the stupidest decision.

No scrums for 5mins and ref re-sets his warnings
joe soap
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:21 pm

2 men up and we keep kicking possession away or even looking for the overlap
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:28 pm

Blatant crossing ffs
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:38 pm

It is a win
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Rico on Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:44 pm

Take the points and let us never speak of this game again...
Rico
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:01 pm

Rico wrote:Take the points and let us never speak of this game again...

Agree...although will add i thought Miller was decent again and pack went well except lineout which was SteveWalsh
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Next

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum