Cardiff v Edinburgh. Monday evening

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Cardiff v Edinburgh. Monday evening

Postby Trophyhunter on Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:46 am

Contrarily I think his concentration is more likely to lapse at FB ( especially in an empty stadium) whereas at 10 you are all the more intensely engaged in the action ?
Trophyhunter
World Cup Star

Postby robdinsdale on Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:52 am

The Chiel wrote:Having been critical of him a while back, only fair to say I think Sau is really finding his feet. If only we had a passing back line to deliver him a ball in front of his breadbasket that he can actually run on to, instead of always a yard above his head, standing still.
Whisper it, but I thought Kinghorn looked very decent at 10 . . .

The Mata hit - was Harries' hair standing up that like before he was lumped ? :eek: :eek:

Sau has been excellent the last few games. I'm still not sure about him competing for high balls but his positional play seems much better and he really makes an impact with and without the ball.

Is his contract up this summer?
robdinsdale
World Cup Star

Postby The Incredible Shug on Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:49 pm

robdinsdale wrote:Sau has been excellent the last few games. I'm still not sure about him competing for high balls but his positional play seems much better and he really makes an impact with and without the ball.

Yes, it is, along with Darcy Graham's.

Glasgow have Lee Jones, Nairn, Seymour, and Matawalu out of contract this summer - it wouldn't shock me if one of the first two were to move to us.
Help! We're being held prisoner in a signature factory!
The Incredible Shug
World Cup Star

Postby robdinsdale on Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:41 am

The Incredible Shug wrote:
robdinsdale wrote:Sau has been excellent the last few games. I'm still not sure about him competing for high balls but his positional play seems much better and he really makes an impact with and without the ball.

Glasgow have Lee Jones, Nairn, Seymour, and Matawalu out of contract this summer - it wouldn't shock me if one of the first two were to move to us.

Does that mean Sau and Darcy are away?
robdinsdale
World Cup Star

Postby The Incredible Shug on Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:30 am

robdinsdale wrote:
The Incredible Shug wrote:

Does that mean Sau and Darcy are away?

They are unless we hear anything. I imagine there'll be at least one resigning.
Help! We're being held prisoner in a signature factory!
The Incredible Shug
World Cup Star

Previous

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum