Rainbow Cup Games

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Rainbow Cup Games

Postby The Chiel on Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:33 am

Friday Knight Lights wrote:
I think it's actually reffed the way Whitehouse refereed it:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... ZaxfMOQ2bM

That's a very useful link. I'll be very happy if everyone consistently refs it the way Whitehouse did.
The Chiel
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:09 am

The Chiel wrote:
Friday Knight Lights wrote:
I think it's actually reffed the way Whitehouse refereed it:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... ZaxfMOQ2bM

That's a very useful link. I'll be very happy if everyone consistently refs it the way Whitehouse did.

Consistency would be good, it's all fans ask for, I think.

Whitehouse got that right according to how the law is written, however it means most other referees are getting it wrong as any head contact results in at least a penalty, usually a yellow card but often a red too.

Speaking of consistency, it's been mentioned, but how on earth did Watson get a yellow and Henderson didn't?
It was exactly the same offence but in Watson's case it took several replays to confirm that the ball had indeed changed direction after contract with Mish's arm/hand, whereas with Henderson it was as clear as day that he knocked it on with a swipe of the arm, and it was in a similar position on the field.

As I say, we only really want refs to be consistent.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby macdone on Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:12 pm

dolf_lundgren wrote:When was Jamie Dobie an Edinburgh player?

Only a few age grade games but Glasgow wanted him more. They offered a better contract.
macdone
World Cup Star

Previous

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum