Minifield Ticket Prices

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Minifield Ticket Prices

Postby liveinhope on Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:18 pm

As a Castle Club member I was eligible to log in at 10am for season tickets.At that time not much left in the two main stands.Looking now-two hours layter-very little change and doesn't look like much has gone.I wonder if a majority of Castle Club memberships were taken up by season ticket holders who viewed it purely as a small contribution to the club?
So with a week to I suspect there will be lots left in the stands behind the posts and on the terracings for general sale.
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:28 pm

....... or possibly the Castle Club Members have looked and on seeing there was nothing decent in the Main or Lothian Stands left, they have decided to just go game to game on tickets? I doubt anyone is thinking we will be selling the place out this season given attendance history over past seasons.
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:59 pm

Wottie wrote:....... or possibly the Castle Club Members have looked and on seeing there was nothing decent in the Main or Lothian Stands left, they have decided to just go game to game on tickets? I doubt anyone is thinking we will be selling the place out this season given attendance history over past seasons.

Which is precisely the stance I'm taking! Incidentally I wonder if (as possibly they now have at Scotstoun?) season ticket holders not going to a match can put seats back into the system for indiviual games so the seats are not left empty?
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:07 pm

liveinhope wrote:
Wottie wrote:....... or possibly the Castle Club Members have looked and on seeing there was nothing decent in the Main or Lothian Stands left, they have decided to just go game to game on tickets? I doubt anyone is thinking we will be selling the place out this season given attendance history over past seasons.

Which is precisely the stance I'm taking! Incidentally I wonder if (as possibly they now have at Scotstoun?) season ticket holders not going to a match can put seats back into the system for indiviual games so the seats are not left empty?

Didn't see any mention of this on ER ST details and I would think we would need to have excess demand for the stadium (as they do at Scotstoun), before they would introduce this at ER. It will come with a hefty administrative burden so why take that if there are still spaces in the stadium (albeit in poorer seats / terraces).
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby artie fufkin on Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:33 pm

A quick look this evening and there appears to be less than 100 seats in Main and Lothian Stands. All of which are in the wings by the try lines. Thats great news for the club. For those like me waiting for next monday at 10am it looks like the best or only options for sitting, will be behind the uprights. The ST comes with extras, but for me I need to attend 9 games before it makes financial sense. Leaving aside the two friendlies, I only need to miss a few games and it becomes a less attractive proposition. I will probably pull the trigger on Monday though, Ive missed going to the games so much.
artie fufkin
World Cup Star

Postby specybaldy on Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:01 am

liveinhope wrote:
Wottie wrote:....... Incidentally I wonder if (as possibly t Scotstoun?) season ticket holders not going to a match can put seats back into the system for indiviual games so the seats are not left empty?

Yes, this is covered in the FAQ on the Web site

If you wish to re-sell your ticket there will be a ticket exchange platform available and credit received can be used towards your 2022/23 season ticket membership if your ticket sells.
specybaldy
Embra Debut

Postby Wottie on Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:30 pm

specybaldy wrote:
liveinhope wrote:
Wottie wrote:....... Incidentally I wonder if (as possibly t Scotstoun?) season ticket holders not going to a match can put seats back into the system for indiviual games so the seats are not left empty?

Yes, this is covered in the FAQ on the Web site

If you wish to re-sell your ticket there will be a ticket exchange platform available and credit received can be used towards your 2022/23 season ticket membership if your ticket sells.

I think if this provision was intended to apply to individual games, it would have referenced selling your "seat" on a game by game basis. It doesn't, so I'm assuming this applies to selling on your ST?
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:36 am

Well last night will have given the new Murrayfield flood defences a good run out. Anyone living nearby know if the new stadium stayed dry?
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:06 pm

joe soap
World Cup Star

Previous

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum