Minifield Ticket Prices

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Minifield Ticket Prices

Postby sammy on Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:24 pm

Why should we have to move in the same direction as Glasgow. I was happy enough at where we were, think as fans we've been Turkey's voting for Christmas, but I guess most of the pressure came from armchair fans who thought it didn't look good on telly, the ones paying nothing towards the club. Glasgow fans too, but they should have directed their anger at their own club for the price hikes.
Sammy
sammy
World Cup Star

Postby Martin Bell on Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:38 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:
GunnerRob wrote:It's a bit of a price hike is it not...

I guess it depends on your point of view/comparison between Murrayfield and mini-field but for us, we had a gold seats in 2019/20 and now a concession will more than double for a new cat 1 seat.

The 2019/20 season tickets were £185/£210 (Silver/Gold) and concessions £50 to £105 (Silver)/ £70 to £120 (Gold). Now the Cat 1 is £295 and £250 for a concession.

Are we saying that a 2019/20 gold seat is now the same product as a new Cat 3 seat - both at £210? We finished 2nd bottom in the pro 14 conference and 2nd bottom in the rainbow cup, and haven't signed any big names (in my opinion) to justify the increase. I'm sure some will be quick to point to the new stadium which will be great when full, but I'm just a little disappointed with these increases.

I was expecting my Silver to go to around £230 so a bit more than i had hoped. I think the Concessions seem to be a smaller discount on top of a chunky increases is that correct?

To mitigate - obviously COVID and no ticket income for a year, plus the impact of losing our Internationals for most of season. We have had little or no increases for a number of years, could argue when we had qualified for champs cup ticket prices should have been higher, or Increasing £10 a year for last 7 years is a bit easier to stomach than all at once (ignoring the on field horrors endured during this time).

Signings - as you note subjective, but we have retained Mata, Watson, Ritchie, Graham (i would class all of them as big re-signings) and are bringing in Lang, Vellacott among others. What sort of big name would you be looking for?

I think your points are valid i am interested in folks take on it, SRU clearly think they will sell STs at these price points, it may back fire if too many think it is too steep.

This seems like a pretty fair view and we'll see how folk react. It looks like a reasonable spread of price points to me and the ability to pay in four monthly instalments means that the increase feels manageable. I imagine Cat 1 and maybe Cat 2 will end up being largely made up of ST holders as I'm not sure I'd pay £35 for a one off match myself.
Proud former sponsor of McKane legend @m4gnet_ and future Glasgow legend Rory Darge and current sponsor of @Muncaster_Ben
#lovinthescrummin
Martin Bell
World Cup Star

Postby macdone on Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:19 pm

Wottie wrote:
As an aside, we have just about half the squad out injured at the moment. Hope it’s a fluke, and not a consequence of training on this nee harder surface?

That's a very good point. There's a movement in the NFL just now to make every stadium natural grass because of the marked difference in knee and ankle injuries. Worth keeping an eye on.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/nfl-u ... 2020-10-01
macdone
World Cup Star

Postby BigD163 on Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:32 am

Wottie wrote:As an aside, we have just about half the squad out injured at the moment. Hope it’s a fluke, and not a consequence of training on this nee harder surface?

Sign of experience. Not wanting to play in meaningless games :).
BigD163
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:20 am

ER website has wrong phone number on the ST page if you are trying to call ticket office :roll:

Correct number is 0131 378 1600
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby robdinsdale on Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:27 am

BigD163 wrote:
Wottie wrote:As an aside, we have just about half the squad out injured at the moment. Hope it’s a fluke, and not a consequence of training on this nee harder surface?

Sign of experience. Not wanting to play in meaningless games :).

Wouldn't be surprised if some of them were non-urgent surgeries that would normally wait until the close season. Or niggles that would get played through if they were significant games.
robdinsdale
World Cup Star

Postby Weegie on Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:45 am

I have emailed the ticket office as I came within a hairs breadth of not buying tickets for myself and my son.

My son and I have been season ticket holder since God was a boy. We had seats on the half way line at Murrayfield, Myreside and Murrayfield again.

I logged onto my SRU ticket account at 9:45. I kept refreshing until I got into the Edinburgh season ticket purchasing at 9:55, to find there were hardly any tickets left. We have ended up with pretty poor seats at a premium price.

Given that I was in even before the official start, how on earth did I then find all the good seats gone?
Weegie
World Cup Star

Postby Impega on Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:54 am

Weegie wrote:I have emailed the ticket office as I came within a hairs breadth of not buying tickets for myself and my son.

My son and I have been season ticket holder since God was a boy. We had seats on the half way line at Murrayfield, Myreside and Murrayfield again.

I logged onto my SRU ticket account at 9:45. I kept refreshing until I got into the Edinburgh season ticket purchasing at 9:55, to find there were hardly any tickets left. We have ended up with pretty poor seats at a premium price.

Given that I was in even before the official start, how on earth did I then find all the good seats gone?

Same. I'd done meticulous preparation using the virtual tour to pick out the best possible locations and none were available.

A cynic might say they weren't actually available in the first instance. Either way it begs the question, who got those dozens or even hundreds of seats, and why/how?
Impega
World Cup Star

Postby GunnerRob on Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:01 am

Impega wrote:
Weegie wrote:I have emailed the ticket office as I came within a hairs breadth of not buying tickets for myself and my son.

Same. I'd done meticulous preparation using the virtual tour to pick out the best possible locations and none were available.

A cynic might say they weren't actually available in the first instance. Either way it begs the question, who got those dozens or even hundreds of seats, and why/how?

Corporate hospitality, sponsors, WAGs…
GunnerRob
International

Postby Impega on Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:12 am

GunnerRob wrote:
Impega wrote:

Corporate hospitality, sponsors, WAGs…

Presumably you're right. It's annoying they've been handed the very best seats in both the main and Lothian stands... most of which will be left empty on freezing, TonySpreadbury wet Friday nights v Zebre.
Impega
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:53 am

Jeezo, that was worse and more stressful than buying tickets for RWC France. Our group of 14 have gone from seats together on the halfway line at the back of the lower East stand in BTM to not being able to sit together in either the Main or Lothian Centre Stands :twisted:

I was getting error messages when trying to select individual seats so had to go "best available" and split our group up to actually get allocations in Lothian or Main stands. The site now appears to have fallen over. You cannot get prices or seat references on selecting seats so whilst I know which stand and seat numbers we have, still got no idea which seats they are within the stand.
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:55 am

joe soap wrote:
Wottie wrote:Price of ST’s now in line with Scotstoun

They're not. How many free friendliess do the weegies get?

No idea, and I place no value on frendlies!
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:53 pm

Think we'd all got ours by quarter past 10. We're all standing, so it's easier, but all got access to the website and bought in the first few minutes.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:22 pm

Not many problems but we too are standing fans.
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:52 pm

Wottie wrote:
joe soap wrote:
Wottie wrote:Price of ST’s now in line with Scotstoun

They're not. How many free friendliess do the weegies get?

No idea, and I place no value on frendlies!

But ER do . They charge for a match ticket. ER ST holders get them as part of their ST. Weegie ST holders don't. 2 more games than a weegie ST.

It really helps if you compare like with like and look outside your tiny self centred bubble.
joe soap
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum