Scarlets v Edinburgh Sunday 1pm

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Scarlets v Edinburgh Sunday 1pm

Postby The Feral Goat on Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:02 pm

Edinburgh Rugby team to play Scarlets at the Parc y Scarlets
Guinness PRO14 Rainbow Cup, Sunday 13 June (kick-off 1pm) – live on Premier Sports

15. Kyle Rowe (0)
14. Jack Blain (14)
13. James Johnstone (65)
12. Cammy Hutchison (1)
11. Eroni Sau (26)
10. Blair Kinghorn (101)
9. Henry Pyrgos (52)

1. Pierre Schoeman (64)
2. Mike Willemse (39)
3. Angus Williams (3)
4. Marshall Sykes (7)
5. Jamie Hodgson (22)
6. Jamie Ritchie CAPTAIN (76)
7. Connor Boyle (6)
8. Mesu Kunavula (12)

Substitutes:

16. David Cherry (35)
17. Boan Venter (7)
18. Simon Berghan (90)
19. Ally Miller (24)
20. Luke Crosbie (57)
21. Charlie Shiel (36)
22. Nathan Chamberlain (10)
23. George Taylor (37)

Unavailable (19): Magnus Bradbury, Matt Currie, Andrew Davidson, Andries Ferreira, Roan Frostwick, Dan Gamble, Grant Gilchrist, Darcy Graham, Nick Haining, Viliame Mata, Stuart McInally, WP Nel, Dan Nutton, Freddie Owsley, Harry Paterson, Charlie Savala, Ben Toolis, Jaco van der Walt, Jordan Venter.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Re: Scarlets v Edinburgh Sunday 1pm

Postby Impega on Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:10 pm

Great to see Connor Boyle finally being given a start. He must have been enviously watching Rory Darge getting a proper go at Glasgow.

Was hoping to see Sutherland getting a run before heading off to the Lions, even off the bench - he must be pretty undercooked.
Impega
World Cup Star

Postby The Nudger on Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:56 pm

WTF is going on with Chamberlain? Surely the Rainbow cup was the ideal time to play him but still riding the pine. I could understand it if he'd looked put of his depth when he has played but I think he's looked okay just inexperienced
Illegitimi non Carborundum
The Nudger
World Cup Star

Postby BigD163 on Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:15 pm

The Nudger wrote:WTF is going on with Chamberlain? Surely the Rainbow cup was the ideal time to play him but still riding the pine. I could understand it if he'd looked put of his depth when he has played but I think he's looked okay just inexperienced

The only reason I can think of is RC has asked for a 10 for next season and Mallinder, Dodson etc have said no you have VdW, Chamberlain and Savala leading to RC claiming they aren't ready with recent selections trying to reinforce a point.
BigD163
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:21 pm

BigD163 wrote:
The Nudger wrote:WTF is going on with Chamberlain? Surely the Rainbow cup was the ideal time to play him but still riding the pine. I could understand it if he'd looked put of his depth when he has played but I think he's looked okay just inexperienced

The only reason I can think of is RC has asked for a 10 for next season and Mallinder, Dodson etc have said no you have VdW, Chamberlain and Savala leading to RC claiming they aren't ready with recent selections trying to reinforce a point.

What would prove his point is Chamberlain playing badly. By giving Kinghorn a run at 10 we're less likely to them sign another 10 as he's capable of playing okay at stand off.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby BigD163 on Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:18 pm

Friday Knight Lights wrote:
BigD163 wrote:

What would prove his point is Chamberlain playing badly. By giving Kinghorn a run at 10 we're less likely to them sign another 10 as he's capable of playing okay at stand off.

I don't think that would. Chamberlain has talent, he has shown that at U20s. RC has consistently had him riding pine and when he plays he takes as much of the play out his hands as possible. The message has consistently been he isn't ready and needs protected. By playing him now any poor performance can rightly be disregarded as rust/lack of experience etc.

Kinghorn isn't a pro level 10. It is a TonySpreadbury take to play him there ahead of Chamberlain.
BigD163
World Cup Star

Postby The Incredible Shug on Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:23 am

Shiel too. We're playing the kids and yet it's STILL Pyrgos and Kinghorn at 9/10.
Help! We're being held prisoner in a signature factory!
The Incredible Shug
World Cup Star

Postby The Chiel on Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:30 am

Either there is a long term plan for Kinghorn at 10, or this is serious mismanagement of a young player by Cockerill. Chamberlain's confidence must be non existent.
The Chiel
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:18 pm

The Chiel wrote:

Either there is a long term plan for Kinghorn at 10, or this is serious mismanagement of a young player by Cockerill. Chamberlain's confidence must be non existent.

Don’t know about Chamberlain but my confidence in the management team is failing, if we were winning or playing well I can see the logic in the selections but, well we doing neither.
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby Trophyhunter on Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:05 pm

Not a bad time to give BK a run at 10 to assess his potential for a switch . He is still only 24 and has the full skill set and box of tricks but can he show game management and pose a threat on his own. Bigger ? Chamberlain and Savala have loads of time to come through and both a year or more younger than Ross Thomson . Good to see Cammy Hutchinson get a break after all his injuries and let downs. Be interesting to see how he goes. Looking forward to next season amd pray it is COVId free , however really cannot believe that we appear to be letting Eroni Sau go , unless that is his decision . He is our most effective winger next to Darcy. Quite Unbelievable!!!c
Trophyhunter
World Cup Star

Postby gowrie on Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:08 pm

Rowe already showing up well, he was quality for the U20s.
gowrie
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:14 pm

Could break by Hutchison but terrible pass.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby Frenchy on Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:28 pm

The "Get Schoeman to tap and go" rather than go for a lineout tactic - have I not been paying attention or is it very new?

A response to the law change when the ball is held up over the try line, or have they just figured out that it's more successful?
Frenchy
World Cup Star

Postby gowrie on Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:30 pm

Frenchy wrote:The "Get Schoeman to tap and go" rather than go for a lineout tactic - have I not been paying attention or is it very new?

A response to the law change when the ball is held up over the try line, or have they just figured out that it's more successful?

Lots of teams are taking pick and gos now, it really has massively increased this season I think, went years without seeing it near the try line. Turner's been doing it for Glasgow and Scotland as well I think
gowrie
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:43 pm

It’s almost like preseason sloppiness from us
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Next

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum