Edinburgh Rugby Squad 2021-22

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Edinburgh Rugby Squad 2021-22

Postby BigD163 on Fri May 20, 2022 3:25 pm

dolf_lundgren wrote:While I dont think Dingwall is world class, he is a very good player and he woudl certainly deepen our pool of talent and has potential to win a lo f caps. Redpath has looked brilliant for Scotland but Im not sure he has done more for Bath than Dingwall has for Saints, so he woudl be a good adition. Its a bit odd how little we have used Hutchinson, he looks very good and this season at least we have scraped the barrel a bit in the centre. Im not a huge fan of Tuipolotu (watch him score a ahtrick against us now!) so I think eiher Dingwall or Hutch would add more quality. Different player type i know etc etc.

Dean re-signing is very good news, he has been very effective this season and good to have around. I still think he is second choice 12 but he is a very solid option. With Hutchison and Currie developing nicely we have a good blend in there of styles and experience.

Agreed, Tuipolotu isn't an international standard centre. He is a flat track bully at best. Dingwall has good leadership qualities to complement his skills. Would have been a good pick up for the SRU but not to be (yet).
BigD163
World Cup Star

Previous

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum