v Zebre

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: v Zebre

Postby Tichtheid on Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:33 pm

Connacht just showed what desire can do, they battered Ulster in Dublin and there was never going to be anything but one winner because of the way they approached the game.

We were really up for the Stormers match, but much less so for today, we have to have that same level every game, home and away, it should be the very least you'd expect.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby djphilp on Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:39 pm

Definitely agree Tichtheid, we weren’t as switched on today.

We were lucky that we were playing Zebre as any of the better teams would, as the presenter and Hamilton said post match, have capitalised on our often poor handling skills today.

Other than that and a disappointing showing in the first half, particularly from Shiel, I can’t really grumble at 5 points away from home :)
Click on the logo above for Edinburgh's official website.
djphilp
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:57 pm

4th in league after all playing 5, 1 behind munster and 2 behind Ulster.

Plenty of tough games to come, and can see the SA teams doing very well at home, but despite playing well only in patches I think that is a very good start to the season.

Think toolis when fit will help with our current lineout issues although it needs fixed sooner. Plus we still have Watson and boffelli in particular still to play for us, a lot to be positive about so far.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:06 pm

I've just seen on the Ed fans FB site that Luke Crosbie got the official Player of the Match gong
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby Trophyhunter on Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:04 am

Tough identifying a MOTM in a Turgid contest which Zebre typically drag teams into . No obvious standout until Vellacott came on and Immelmann showed glimpses of class but our midfield was disappointingly one dimensional in a way that has not been typical of recent performances. Bonus Points nevertheless!
Trophyhunter
World Cup Star

Postby robdinsdale on Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:51 am

doedin wrote:Poor game to watch but at least we won and got the BP. Our ball retention at the breakdown was very poor and some basic skills were absent. I thought Hutchison showed up well and carried the ball all game before he went off knackered - my MOTM. Still came away with the 5 points so no complaints really. Job done.

I'm not convinced by Hutchison's passing yet, but he had some really positive carries and won one great turnover.
robdinsdale
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:07 am

robdinsdale wrote:
doedin wrote:Poor game to watch but at least we won and got the BP. Our ball retention at the breakdown was very poor and some basic skills were absent. I thought Hutchison showed up well and carried the ball all game before he went off knackered - my MOTM. Still came away with the 5 points so no complaints really. Job done.

I'm not convinced by Hutchison's passing yet, but he had some really positive carries and won one great turnover.

No he can't pass to a professional center standard. A real shame because carrying and in defence he is effective.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby BigD163 on Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:40 am

Got the 5 points which is the main takeaway from the game.

So easily could and perhaps should be 5 wins from 5, certainly should have been 4 from 5.
BigD163
World Cup Star

Previous

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum