v Dragons Sat 27th of November.

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: v Dragons Sat 27th of November.

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:20 pm

Mike Blair's blue and orange army!
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:35 pm

Friday Knight Lights wrote:Mike Blair's blue and orange army!

There's an old Strathspey tune called The Orange and Blue, good tune.

I'm a bit way of it, mind, it might be associated with the Castle Grayskull v Mordor lot, but it's a good tune.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:50 pm

With Ulster surprisingly winning at Leinster (who put out a very strong team) we are now just a point behind the joint leaders (Leinster and Ulster)!
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby djphilp on Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:08 pm

Tichtheid wrote:Lang was very good, I hope it's just a slight knock

Agreed, thought he was excellent from the start until he went off. Not sure if it looked like a slight knock though :| , although hope I am wrong.

Thought Currie played well too and really hope he continues to get game time and develop :)
Click on the logo above for Edinburgh's official website.
djphilp
World Cup Star

Postby toocoldhere on Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:24 am

Felt like Moyana was quite soft or lazy in his tackling, but when compared to his attacking intent has credit in the bag. Hopefully something that will come with more gametime
toocoldhere
Established pro

Postby Pitfitter446 on Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:42 am

Given more time with the team mates Moyana could cause winger selection problems, of a good kind.
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby Trophyhunter on Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:50 am

Key to our terrific back play was quick ball through Vellacott and Kinghorn’s threat. It gave our centres and wide backs edge in time and space. Blair and coaching team also must take credit for the level of performance and confidence. Looks like they didn’t waste the 5 week gap.
Trophyhunter
World Cup Star

Postby macdone on Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:01 am

Really chuffed with how Jamie Hodgson has come on. He's a presence in the lineout and work rate is off the charts.
macdone
World Cup Star

Postby BigD163 on Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:51 am

macdone wrote:Really chuffed with how Jamie Hodgson has come on. He's a presence in the lineout and work rate is off the charts.

Won't be too long til he and Sykes have the shirts for the big games. Both have huge work rates.

GG obviously has money in the bank but give these two more game time and he'll have a real fight on his hands.
BigD163
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:17 am

So,same team (injury permitting-Lang?) for Friday against Benetton or do we play our "2nd XV"? :
Immelmann
Graham
Bennett
Dean
Blain
VDW
Sheil
Schoemann
McInally
De Bruin
Gilchrist
Toolis
Ritchie
Mata
Watson
( I'd play the same team and keep the above for the Saracens match thus giving the bulk of them more time to recover from the November internationals.
Funny to think that XV contains at least 10 of our supposed nailed on 1st XV!)
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:06 pm

Just watching it back, there was an incident I remember at the time thinking it looked bad, on 27 mins Lang is blatantly tripped by the Dragons’ 8 as he was chasing a kick through, it should have been a yellow, Adamson had his back to it and gives Vellacott a ticking off for Edinburgh players appealing.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby BigD163 on Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:10 pm

liveinhope wrote:So,same team (injury permitting-Lang?) for Friday against Benetton or do we play our "2nd XV"? :
Immelmann
Graham
Bennett
Dean
Blain
VDW
Sheil
Schoemann
McInally
De Bruin
Gilchrist
Toolis
Ritchie
Mata
Watson
( I'd play the same team and keep the above for the Saracens match thus giving the bulk of them more time to recover from the November internationals.
Funny to think that XV contains at least 10 of our supposed nailed on 1st XV!)

This in many ways is a must win. The fixture list towards the back end of the season is brutal.

With Saracens coming up and a free weekend after that gives a two week rest window if needed.

For me the team should be the best 23 that Blair has available in his opinion. I would think Bofelli, Vellacott and Kinghorn would be in his best side.

Up front, those guys played well yesterday. Would be harsh to drop all 8.
BigD163
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:14 pm

Bofelli looks excellent, Ventner’s best game by a distance, Kinghorn seems capable of playing 10 but needs a lot more exposure to it, Lang seems to be coming on to a game, Bradbury looked great, young locks are coming along very nicely indeed, Vellacott increasingly looks first choice at 9.

Coming along nicely.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby robdinsdale on Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:23 pm

I was impressed by Lang (again) but also by Currie, who I knew was a strong runner but showed last night he is comfortable moving the ball as well.
robdinsdale
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:39 pm

biffer wrote:Bofelli looks excellent, Ventner’s best game by a distance, Kinghorn seems capable of playing 10 but needs a lot more exposure to it, Lang seems to be coming on to a game, Bradbury looked great, young locks are coming along very nicely indeed, Vellacott increasingly looks first choice at 9.

Coming along nicely.

Mike Blair always has a number of options open for Kinghorn every phase. It's quite like the run pass option in NFL offences making it hard to stop for the opposition when Kinghorn picks the right option but mentally demanding. A different feel totally to cockers Mike Blair has started very well. Can't wait to see what he cooks up when he's got the lads together for some time.

Bofelli is going to be an absolute gamechanger.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum