Edinburgh v Cardiff Sat 8th Jan

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Edinburgh v Cardiff Sat 8th Jan

Postby Weegie on Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:00 am

Friday Knight Lights wrote:
Croft_No.6 wrote:In this vein of fitness of the players, Mark Robertson joins the coaching team:

https://www.edinburghrugby.org/the-clubhouse/%E2%80%8Brobertson-returns-as-head-of-strength-and-conditioning

Would be interested in the recruitment process they went through on this one. His experience at Clermont is interesting but this feels a bit jobs for the boys.

If it is, with the proviso that he must be able to do the job, then I have no issue with it.

Robertson is an ex-Edinburgh and Scotland player and has relevant academic qualifications and experience. This is exactly the kind of person I want to see in coaching roles in Scotland. As is Strokosch of course, but I am going to assume there was a process which decided that Robertson was a better bet.
Weegie
World Cup Star

Re: Edinburgh v Cardiff Sat 8th Jan

Postby The Feral Goat on Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:53 pm

doedin wrote:Just watched that Cardiff team scare the sh1t out of a Quins team that was almost full strength. Cardiff threw it away in the last minute due to a brainless run by Adams to get turned over and concede a penalty to lose the game. Cardiff almost looked good but can't decide if they were or were Quins just rubbish? We had try BP secured by HT and took foot off the pedal in 2nd half against Cardiff yet Quins really struggled with them. Not sure what is going on - are we that good, were Cardiff that bad against us, are Quins not as good as they think? Strange, very strange.

Was very odd, quins defence has been weak all season but their attack very good. Cardiff still looked vulnerable in wide defence but quins still struggled at times. Perhaps a quins without Esterhuizen can't get enough front foot ball to make their attack work.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Previous

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum