Sharks v Edinburgh.

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Sharks v Edinburgh.

Postby Pitfitter446 on Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:07 pm

Is everyone at the game or out in the sun? 0-7 at half time and now 14 for ten minutes, surely we should be playing only 14 after the tackle in the first half? Fingers crossed for the second half.
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Re: Sharks v Edinburgh.

Postby TheSmidge on Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:29 pm

Tuned in late so missed the tackle and didn't catch any analysis of it at half-time, but I'm guessing it could have been red.

Thought we managed the period down to 14 really well in bad conditions, albeit survived them dropping the ball on the line. Took the one chance we've had since I tuned in thanks to a lung bursting run from Muncaster. We are in this.
TheSmidge
World Cup Star

Postby TheSmidge on Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:41 pm

Another chance. another try.

Serious marker being put down here. We've absorbed everything they've thrown at us in horrible conditions.
TheSmidge
World Cup Star

Postby TheSmidge on Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:42 pm

Also, some serious redemption for Kinghorn going on.
TheSmidge
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:54 pm

Happy bunny today now, just missed the bonus point too.
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby TheSmidge on Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:54 pm

Brilliant win. Very satisfying, considering the number of Springboks we were up against.

Kolisi was played off the park by Watson.
TheSmidge
World Cup Star

Postby JDCSR on Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:03 pm

That was a good performance and a great result.

In awful conditions and missing many players the team really soaked up the pressure and counter punched superbly.
JDCSR
World Cup Star

Postby Trophyhunter on Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:04 pm

Outstanding performance.. Kinghorn world class today and will hopefully silence some of the daft and illicit Ed criticism he gets in media.
Trophyhunter
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:13 pm

Did I miss the MoM call?
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby JDCSR on Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:14 pm

Trophyhunter wrote:Outstanding performance.. Kinghorn world class today and will hopefully silence some of the daft and illicit Ed criticism he gets in media.

Did you know he can't pass, kick, tackle and struggles to concentrate? Apparently.
JDCSR
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:22 pm

Am I over the top to suggest that was one of the great performances in Scottish rugby history? Probably but must be up there...
Some titanic performances-Muncaster,Watson,Boffelli,Kinghorn in particular.
And being greedy I felt with a bit more calmness forwards would have released the ball to the backs at that final maul to give them a chance at a bonus point try.
Amazing how all the nonsense of the 6N can be blown away after watching that.
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby doedin on Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:33 pm

Just watched the recording of the game. Kept waiting for us collapsing and conceding a few tries as we would have done in the past but if anything we got stronger and stronger as the game went on. Wasn't really a poor player in our team today, defence was superb and we played a very clever game from 9 and 10. I really like the work rate of our 2nd row today, they don't usually get much kudos but the work rate of all three - Phillips, Hodgson and Young -was huge. I honestly can't think of the Sharks 2nd row doing anything in the match, we dominated them. GC will struggle to win his place back in this team. Needless to say our back row was again real class and Kolisi was 2nd best today. The backs didn't get much ball in hand but when they did they looked dangerous.

For me our defence was just so good, well organised and tackling was top drawer - one man low then second man comes in higher up to stop any off loads, tackling 'pick and goes' from an angle was excellent too. We covered the back field well and weren't really troubled with their kicking.

It was pleasing to see us play a tight, kicking game really well. We looked very fit and strong despite giving a few kgs away. Scrum was a struggle at times, only to be expected but players managed it well on the pitch and we ended up dominating them at the end of the match.

All in all a fantastic and very good win - pleased for the boys.
doedin
World Cup Star

Postby JDCSR on Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:36 pm

Phillips has been really good in the last few matches for me. Huge bloke and a big presence in the tight.
JDCSR
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:04 pm

liveinhope wrote:Am I over the top to suggest that was one of the great performances in Scottish rugby history? Probably but must be up there...
Some titanic performances-Muncaster,Watson,Boffelli,Kinghorn in particular.
And being greedy I felt with a bit more calmness forwards would have released the ball to the backs at that final maul to give them a chance at a bonus point try.
Amazing how all the nonsense of the 6N can be blown away after watching that.

I haven't seen the game yet, only the tries, but I said elsewhere that I thought this was one of the major league wins for Edinburgh in the pro era. That was a good Sharks side with eight SpringBoks at least, including the inspirational Siya Kolisi, one of the major stars of the international game.

A terrific result for Edinburgh, and much-needed, too.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:09 pm

Think we are the only team to win away in the URC in SA, and against a stacked sharks. Massive result in terms of keeping in touch with top 4. What a great result, if we can back it up next week will be in a good position
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Next

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum