v Pau Friday 8th of April

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: v Pau Friday 8th of April

Postby TheSmidge on Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:28 pm

Another disciplinary farce.

Dispute the case and run the risk of not getting the full mitigation.

OR

Accept the case and, even if others get away with it, the suspension that comes with it.

JGP getting away scot-free at the same time after smashing up McGrath's face is an absolute disgrace. I have no complaints if Nel's tackle was red within the terms of the Head Contact Protocol (and it looks like it was), but it is a travesty of justice if a worse case is dismissed on the same day. That instances smells of bailing out the referee.
TheSmidge
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:05 pm

You're just never going to get consistency in sport unfortunately. But having reviewed the short video of both incidents very frustrating.

With Armstrong back at Bristol, it might have been useful to give McLaren a game in the six nations window. Food for thought.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby Fanscene on Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:10 pm

Agree completely with TheSmidge

It is simply backing up the referee!

Look at van der Merwe! 3 weeks for poor tackle technique from injured player (too high)
He got a red so ref backed up with ban.
GP gets a yellow so let’s back the ref. I was disappointed with his assistants! I thought they wanted to disagree but were scared to! That was as bad as the tackle in the England v Ireland game!
No further action as ref and TMO said it was yellow.

Coming back to vdm he contested it and got no leniency.

It’s the inconsistency! That is the most frustrating.
Fanscene
World Cup Star

Previous

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum