v Bath Sat 16th 8pm

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

v Bath Sat 16th 8pm

Postby sammy on Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:30 pm

Looking forward to this. Date and time fine for me.
Sammy
sammy
World Cup Star

Re: v Bath Sat 16th 8pm

Postby Pitfitter446 on Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:07 am

Going to be in Wales for a car club event so hoping that it’ll be available on the EPC website to watch over dinner Saturday night, or, can the match be purchased and watched later, or must it be live anyone know?
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby Croft_No.6 on Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:03 am

If you pay for it on the EPRCTV website you can watch it whenever you want and is available for a period after the game. No problems.
Croft_No.6
International

Postby Pitfitter446 on Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:12 pm

Thanks, needed to confirm my thoughts.
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby TheSmidge on Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:09 pm

With Nel suspended and de Bruin presumably injured, looks like Atalifo will wear 3 at the weekend. Normally, we would then expect Angus Williams to cover on the bench. However, he's now in Watsonians Super 6 Sprint squad (try saying that quickly) and I imagine they'll want him for the weekend. Is there anyone else?
TheSmidge
World Cup Star

Postby JDCSR on Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:10 pm

TheSmidge wrote:With Nel suspended and de Bruin presumably injured, looks like Atalifo will wear 3 at the weekend. Normally, we would then expect Angus Williams to cover on the bench. However, he's now in Watsonians Super 6 Sprint squad (try saying that quickly) and I imagine they'll want him for the weekend. Is there anyone else?

McLaren is registered in the squad I believe though I think he's actually been training with Glasgow.
JDCSR
World Cup Star

Postby robdinsdale on Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:26 pm

TheSmidge wrote:With Nel suspended and de Bruin presumably injured, looks like Atalifo will wear 3 at the weekend. Normally, we would then expect Angus Williams to cover on the bench. However, he's now in Watsonians Super 6 Sprint squad (try saying that quickly) and I imagine they'll want him for the weekend. Is there anyone else?

Surely we get priority over Watsonians though?
robdinsdale
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:40 pm

JDCSR wrote:

McLaren is registered in the squad I believe though I think he's actually been training with Glasgow.

I'm not sure if that's the same McLaren? Unlikely as he was on loan from Bristol and played for us a couple of times-looked pretty good-but was then swiftly recalled after injuries to Sinkler and Afoa.Both of these are now back so just possible we might get him back but I suspect unlikely.
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:45 pm

Apologies-I'm mistaken here.Was mixing this up with Jake Armstrong who had been on loan from Bristol.Don't know if he's registered. So you may well be right about McLaren.
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby TheSmidge on Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:59 pm

robdinsdale wrote:

Surely we get priority over Watsonians though?

There are some restrictions on swapping between squads now the sprint series is starting, so not sure what the scope will be for it. More likely perhaps that McLaren comes in (forgot about him).
TheSmidge
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:05 pm

Just got my tickets by e-mail.I had a look at the website to see how sales were going-absolutely astonished how few were sold.At a rough guess only about 40% of capacity (and yet at the weekend seemed more had gone).
What's happening here-at a quick look I to note reckon at least 80% of tickets gone for the Ulster game in a fortnight.
Easter plans? Season ticket holders baulking at having to pay for a knock-out game? very few Bath fans travelling due to Easter/very late scheduling/or just the 8pm kick off??
Great pity as i thought this would be a sell out.
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby robdinsdale on Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:35 pm

liveinhope wrote:Easter plans? Season ticket holders baulking at having to pay for a knock-out game? very few Bath fans travelling due to Easter/very late scheduling/or just the 8pm kick off??

Probably some combination of these. I think it's a big ask to market and sell all the tickets in the space of 6 days when it's only a round-of-16 game in the diddy European cup and season ticket holders have to make an additional decision/effort to go.
robdinsdale
World Cup Star

Postby robdinsdale on Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:40 pm

robdinsdale wrote:
liveinhope wrote:Easter plans? Season ticket holders baulking at having to pay for a knock-out game? very few Bath fans travelling due to Easter/very late scheduling/or just the 8pm kick off??

Probably some combination of these. I think it's a big ask to market and sell all the tickets in the space of 6 days when it's only a round-of-16 game in the diddy European cup and season ticket holders have to make an additional decision/effort to go.

That sounded more disparaging of the game than I intended, it's objectively a more enticing game than the pool matches that got pretty good attendances, but there's not much time to build up to it.
robdinsdale
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:14 pm

liveinhope wrote:Just got my tickets by e-mail.I had a look at the website to see how sales were going-absolutely astonished how few were sold.At a rough guess only about 40% of capacity (and yet at the weekend seemed more had gone).
What's happening here-at a quick look I to note reckon at least 80% of tickets gone for the Ulster game in a fortnight.
Easter plans? Season ticket holders baulking at having to pay for a knock-out game? very few Bath fans travelling due to Easter/very late scheduling/or just the 8pm kick off??
Great pity as i thought this would be a sell out.

Combo of all I would think.

Plus at weekend I think some were "reserved" pending sponsors etc

I have a ST and can't go due to other plans, could not put other things on hold on the off chance we get the home tie at quite short notice on Easter weekend.

Think we have always had to pay for knock out rounds in Europe but it is perhaps a symptom more of the cost of living increases in general that less are willing to pay over and above ST, tickets plus any food/drink/travel all adds up if you are say a family of 4.

Wish I could be there Saturday but look forward to the day the DAM is full, could well be the Ulster match normally a good crowd v them.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Trophyhunter on Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:11 pm

Poor scheduling . Time of game not great. Too late on a Saturday with folks who have plans for the holiday let alone a Saturday . Early evening or afternoon would have been better although club fixtures and spring sevens tournaments clash in the afternoon . Friday Night may have been smarter.
Trophyhunter
World Cup Star

Next

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum