Best pub to watch the Quarter Final

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Best pub to watch the Quarter Final

Postby artie fufkin on Mon May 23, 2022 6:32 pm

Any suggestions for a pub in the centre of the city, guaranteed to be showing the game and with some ER fans? Feel this game deserves something more than the tv at home
artie fufkin
World Cup Star

Re: Best pub to watch the Quarter Final

Postby liveinhope on Mon May 23, 2022 6:40 pm

Excellent idea-though I wonder if the club could lay something on at Murrayfield as I think is occasionally done for Scotland away matches?
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Mon May 23, 2022 6:59 pm

The Facebook supporters clubs thingy are asking for one of the suites at murrayfield to open. They did a poll and couple of hundred folk said they were interested.

I wonder how hard it would be to turn the big screen at the murrayfield end of the Dam around facing the benches at the back of the stand. Could open up the toilet bar and burger van, cheaper than opening a suite and could be good craic if it’s a nice night.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Mon May 23, 2022 8:52 pm

dolf_lundgren wrote:I wonder how hard it would be to turn the big screen at the murrayfield end of the Dam around facing the benches at the back of the stand. Could open up the toilet bar and burger van, cheaper than opening a suite and could be good craic if it’s a nice night.

Can't even turn the clocks so folk can see them during a game so seems unlikely they could turn a whole screen :)

Joking aside getting the fanzone open show the Glasgow game beforehand get folk in to spend a few £ sounds a good idea, could maybe even do it on the pitch with the big screen, it is plastic so not going to get ruined.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby artie fufkin on Tue May 24, 2022 11:33 am

Things have gone a bit off track, can someone recommend a rugby friendly pub in the city centre that will be showing the QF?
artie fufkin
World Cup Star

Postby Croft_No.6 on Tue May 24, 2022 11:55 am

I would try one of:

The Huxley - West End
Teuchters - William Street
The Chanter - Bread Street

The Chanter has a multitude of screens and I think you can get different sports of the various screens. You can also book a table for a drink and/or food.
Croft_No.6
International

Postby artie fufkin on Tue May 24, 2022 2:43 pm

Croft_No.6 wrote:I would try one of:

The Huxley - West End
Teuchters - William Street
The Chanter - Bread Street

The Chanter has a multitude of screens and I think you can get different sports of the various screens. You can also book a table for a drink and/or food.

Thanks mate
artie fufkin
World Cup Star

Postby toocoldhere on Thu May 26, 2022 10:13 pm

Edinburgh Rugby will host a Final Eight ‘watchalong’ on Saturday 4 June giving supporters the chance to come together at BT Murrayfield and support the team as we take on DHL Stormers in Cape Town.

Hosted in the BT Murrayfield Centenary Suite and starting at 3pm – giving supporters the chance to watch Leinster vs Glasgow Warriors beforehand – tickets are available for £12 which entitles fans to a pie and a pint/drink on arrival.

With Edinburgh knockout’s clash starting at 6pm BST, supporters can look forward to a player Q&A in the build-up to kick-off – with a number of non-travelling players set to be in attendance – while the 1872 Cup and Scottish X Italian Shield will also be on display, giving fans the chance to grab a picture while at the event.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/edinburg ... 9651355617
toocoldhere
Established pro

Postby liveinhope on Fri May 27, 2022 12:50 pm

Interesting to see that the squad were off to Cape Town this morning! Seems very early particularly given no altitude issues but probably better based there than back here.
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Fri May 27, 2022 2:32 pm

Bit of warm weather training and a tour mentality might not be a bad thing.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum