Premier Sport

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Premier Sport

Postby doedin on Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:08 pm

Guys

Last year someone on this site provided useful advice about cancelling Premier Sport before renewal date and then picking it up again to take advantage of a cheap offer. I saved quite a few quid if my memory is correct. Any advice for this year - does same advice still hold - I've not seen any offers to subscribe this year? Cheers in advance.
doedin
World Cup Star

Re: Premier Sport

Postby liveinhope on Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:50 pm

Premier Sports was very recently taken over by a Swedish company Viaplay (thanks initially to Glasgow Fans website for pointing this out.) Most online articles seem to focus on their football commitments so we need to be careful if on autorenew that they are going to continue blanket coverage of all the URC matches.
I hope they don't revert to the old days of only showing a selection of each clubs games.
So be very wary and welcome input from others on this as renewals start later in the month.
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby The Chiel on Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:18 am

My subscription expired in the last week of July. I had cancelled the auto renew, but have now renewed for a year.

I did ask if they had any discounts for loyal customers, but got a spiel about what great value for money £120 is ( I get my PS via Sky ). However I also have a feeling the Viaplay link may end up with increases. And of course the Danish and Swedish speedway seasons are getting to the sharp end . . . :P

Worth mentioning if you follow the Premier Sports Help account on Twitter, and message them, I've found they're pretty good at getting back to you - they actually called me when I asked about renewal discounts.
The Chiel
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:28 am

Did you ask if they are definitely still cover the whole URC schedule this coming season?
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby The Chiel on Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:14 am

liveinhope wrote:Did you ask if they are definitely still cover the whole URC schedule this coming season?

They will - confirmed by DM ( so can't - or more accurately I don't know how to :oops: - paste a link ) but the message says :

"All 151 games from the United Rugby Championship will be shown"

Also re the Super 6 :

https://twitter.com/Scotlandteam/status ... 4142512135
The Chiel
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:32 pm

Good news on the coverage but we’ll just have to wait the first folk renew to see if prices increase ‘a bit’ or jump due the new company.
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:37 pm

Apparently discount code "ELITE80" , will get new end existing customers the full year for £80.

Havent tried it yet but plan to in next few days.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:39 pm

Mine is due next for renewal, was gonna try that then too.
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby gone south on Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:08 pm

dolf_lundgren wrote:Apparently discount code "ELITE80" , will get new end existing customers the full year for £80.

Havent tried it yet but plan to in next few days.

Mine auto-cancelled last week. Just went through the renewal process and ELITE80 worked, cheers dolf.

Usual rules apply cancel your autorenewal as soon as you like, at least it is quite clear now when you sign up that you will auto renew in a years time for £120. The codeless price on the Sky platform for annual was £99, don't know what it was for Virgin or just through the media player.
gone south
World Cup Star

Postby doedin on Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:09 am

aaaargh - just saw this and was away to cancel subscription and looked at my bank account on line to see I had just been billed for £120. Ah well next year ....
doedin
World Cup Star

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum