BT Partnership renewed

All International, District, Premiership, Top 14, Super Rugby and other rugby chat

Moderator: chappo

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

BT Partnership renewed

Postby biffer on Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:08 pm

National stadium naming rights,national team sponsorship, grassroots investment all continued. I'm sure the values will appear on the rumour train shortly.

Good news IMO, it's been a significant financial investment from BT over the last few years.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Re: BT Partnership renewed

Postby Wottie on Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:29 pm

Good news indeed.

Interesting to note ER sponsored by BT but that Glasgow now fall outside of the deal with SP Energy Networks announced in advance of the first game of the season. The club shop still punting shirts that carry no shirt sponsor at all! Anyone else intrigued by this or read anything into it after last year's announcement about seeing new 3rd party investment into the pro sides? Hiving Glasgow off from the main SRU sponsorship deal could imply positioning in this regard?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Re: BT Partnership renewed

Postby biffer on Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:33 pm

Wottie wrote:Good news indeed.

Interesting to note ER sponsored by BT but that Glasgow now fall outside of the deal with SP Energy Networks announced in advance of the first game of the season. The club shop still punting shirts that carry no shirt sponsor at all! Anyone else intrigued by this or read anything into it after last year's announcement about seeing new 3rd party investment into the pro sides? Hiving Glasgow off from the main SRU sponsorship deal could imply positioning in this regard?

Not really. Companies are far more likely to want to sponsor Glasgow than Edinburgh; better team, more fans, more identifiable brand, more national TV exposure due to Champs cup etc.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Return to All other rugby chat