A Future for Club Rugby?

All International, District, Premiership, Top 14, Super Rugby and other rugby chat

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

A Future for Club Rugby?

Postby Tichtheid on Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:56 am

An interesting article about some proposals from Iain Milne

https://theoffsideline.com/the-bears-ne ... d-players/

I feel he is right on several issues, certainly having more than three national leagues is an extravagance in terms of time for the players and money from the clubs.

I have to say his proposal of changing our perception of ambition is a very interesting one, rather than considering promotion a success we could be looking at putting out two or three regular sides a week as the thing to aspire to.

I played for our club's colts when I was still at school, it was meant for school leavers but a few of us played two games on a Saturday. The club put out three adult teams plus the Colts every week, occasionally a 4ths would play if we had enough, 4 sides regularly, 5 on rare occasions. This is a town of six thousand people, one school and the surrounding farmers.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Re: A Future for Club Rugby?

Postby The Party Line on Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:06 pm

Sounds like the Howe when I played Mini's there in the all to distant past......
The Party Line
International

Return to All other rugby chat