2017 British & Irish Lions tour

All International, District, Premiership, Top 14, Super Rugby and other rugby chat

Moderator: chappo

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: 2017 British & Irish Lions tour

Postby joe soap on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:32 pm

Frenchy wrote:
biffer wrote:
Wottie wrote:To be fair, I only really have a major problem with Halfpenny and Biggar.

I'll see your bid and raise you Leigh Halfpenny.

I'm confused.

not as confused as biffer. I'd like to play him at cards.
joe soap
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:44 pm

The reality is this is Fraser Browns fault. His YC threw the whole game plan to AlanLewis putting just about every England player in front of his Scottish counterpart
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby Crichton Gunner on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:11 pm

Mostly predictable, but Jared Payne, Dan Biggar and Liam Williams surprised me. I think we'll miss the creativity of Russell or George Ford, but if the Lions win the series no one will care about contentious selections.
Crichton Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby New Gunner on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:33 pm

doedin wrote:It was always going to be like this particularly when Townsend told them to AlainRolland off and he wasn’t going to play second fiddle to Howley as attack coach and would concentrate on Scotland. I completely agree with Townsend’s decision and the 6Ns showed us how inept Howley is. Thereafter Gatland made it clear that he wasn’t going to select many if any Scots and I fully expect Hogg and Seymour to end up playing the midweek games. Apart from hoping our guys to have a good tour I will be supporting the ABs and hope that they and rugby win!

Have to agree with you. Can't support a team that doesn't represent the four nations, the Lions has become a sham I'm afraid. Hope Hogg and Seymour really enhance their reputations, but I'll be ditching the Lions top and willing every NZ team to tear the English, Welsh & Irish Lions a new one. The All Blacks probably have more Scottish blood than the Lions in any case.

Oh, and 12 Welsh? Gatland, off you fcuk.
New Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby macdone on Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:30 am

I can't believe I'm saying this but I won't be watching. Too much disrespect for too long now. The Lions are a load of SteveWalsh.
macdone
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:15 am

New Gunner wrote:
doedin wrote:It was always going to be like this particularly when Townsend told them to AlainRolland off and he wasn’t going to play second fiddle to Howley as attack coach and would concentrate on Scotland. I completely agree with Townsend’s decision and the 6Ns showed us how inept Howley is. Thereafter Gatland made it clear that he wasn’t going to select many if any Scots and I fully expect Hogg and Seymour to end up playing the midweek games. Apart from hoping our guys to have a good tour I will be supporting the ABs and hope that they and rugby win!

Have to agree with you. Can't support a team that doesn't represent the four nations, the Lions has become a sham I'm afraid. Hope Hogg and Seymour really enhance their reputations, but I'll be ditching the Lions top and willing every NZ team to tear the English, Welsh & Irish Lions a new one. The All Blacks probably have more Scottish blood than the Lions in any case.

Oh, and 12 Welsh? Gatland, off you fcuk.

Appreciate this is down to individual opinion but I find this a very toys out the cot attitude. Realistically we're probably only 2 players shy and they're in very competitive areas and a couple injured but comments like 'tear a new one' just grow up
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:32 am

Crichton Gunner wrote:Mostly predictable, but Jared Payne, Dan Biggar and Liam Williams surprised me. I think we'll miss the creativity of Russell or George Ford, but if the Lions win the series no one will care about contentious selections.

I think Williams is good value though not everyone's cup of tea. He'll bring some abrasiveness to the team and definitely gives 100%
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:58 am

I agree, I really like L Williams. Clever wing / FB who has a real bit of dog about him.

Got to feel for poor Scott Williams though, the only back not going on the tour out of that Welsh back line that frankly has been garbage of late!!
Cornell for President and Nel for Messiah!
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:51 am

Piers Francis has been called up

to the England squad to tour Argentina
joe soap
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:03 am

Wottie wrote:I agree, I really like L Williams. Clever wing / FB who has a real bit of dog about him.

Got to feel for poor Scott Williams though, the only back not going on the tour out of that Welsh back line that frankly has been garbage of late!!

One of these players that if he's one of yours you love him, if he's the opposition you hate him.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:02 pm

joe soap wrote:Piers Francis has been called up

to the England squad to tour Argentina

Staggering. Thought that was a wind up!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/supe ... june-tests
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby Frenchy on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:28 pm

"Good, solid player. He's got a good kicking game, he's very good defensively, he likes putting his head in the dark areas. He plays very deep but that's the Kiwi way so we'll have to work on that with him and I'm sure we can." - Eddie Jones.
Frenchy
World Cup Star

Postby robdinsdale on Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:36 am

See, Edinburgh can develop international 10s.
robdinsdale
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:19 pm

robdinsdale wrote:See, Edinburgh can develop international 10s.

Indeed, blazing a trail in the distant wake of WCP!
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Sat May 06, 2017 10:04 pm

Sad circumstances but wee Greigs on the plane
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to All other rugby chat