Glasgow Warriors, coach req’d.

All International, District, Premiership, Top 14, Super Rugby and other rugby chat

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Glasgow Warriors, coach req’d.

Postby Pitfitter446 on Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:24 pm

Danny Wilson stood down, new coach needed, in light of some of some of their performances can they expect a queue to forming to apply or will the SRU just appoint someone from within, how will the season ticket renewals be affected, I’d be hanging back if I was a warriors fan.
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Re: Glasgow Warriors, coach req’d.

Postby doedin on Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:10 am

Not sure if there is someone ready to step up from within the SRU? Only glad we got in early and got Mike Blair as he was the obvious coach in waiting at the SRU bus stop. Perhaps Steve Tandy has the CV but not sure Gregor would let him go? Might be time to bring in another outsider, perhaps someone from the SH.
doedin
World Cup Star

Postby The Chiel on Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:17 pm

Dalziel is probably the next cab off the SRU rank, and has Glasgow experience.
But the timing is poor for the national team ( same with Tandy ) with an RWC on the horizon, and I'm not sure he's the appointment to kick start the season ticket rush.
But this is a knee jerk from the SRU ( although TBF I think it's the right call ) so I doubt there's a name lined up. Also Wilson is carrying the can, but there are players who should be looking in the mirror at themselves, particularly in the leadership group.
The Chiel
World Cup Star

Postby BigD163 on Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:42 pm

The Chiel wrote:Dalziel is probably the next cab off the SRU rank, and has Glasgow experience.
But the timing is poor for the national team ( same with Tandy ) with an RWC on the horizon, and I'm not sure he's the appointment to kick start the season ticket rush.
But this is a knee jerk from the SRU ( although TBF I think it's the right call ) so I doubt there's a name lined up. Also Wilson is carrying the can, but there are players who should be looking in the mirror at themselves, particularly in the leadership group.

Murchie seems to be highly thought of too.
BigD163
World Cup Star

Return to All other rugby chat