Child-friendly Pubs?

All non-rugby chat. Includes posts from the old social and fun&games forums.

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Child-friendly Pubs?

Postby bignose on Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:42 am

Off-topic really for the forum as a whole, but a colleague has asked if there are any child-friendly pubs in Edinburgh that would allow young kids in (with their parents, obviously) to watch World Cup games. His partner is from Spain, where the tradition is to head to the pub with the whole family to watch the national team play but it seems that the repressive interpretation of the licensing laws in this country are giving them trouble.

If anyone knows of any where that might be amenable to such viewing habits then I'd be grateful if you could let me know.
bignose
World Cup Star

Re: Child-friendly Pubs?

Postby GaryIPA on Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:08 pm

bignose wrote:Off-topic really for the forum as a whole, but a colleague has asked if there are any child-friendly pubs in Edinburgh that would allow young kids in (with their parents, obviously) to watch World Cup games. His partner is from Spain, where the tradition is to head to the pub with the whole family to watch the national team play but it seems that the repressive interpretation of the licensing laws in this country are giving them trouble.

If anyone knows of any where that might be amenable to such viewing habits then I'd be grateful if you could let me know.

Not sure, would have thought there was some flexibility with hotel bars(?) I know i've had mine in the Hampton for example
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby frillage on Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:37 pm

bignose wrote:Off-topic really for the forum as a whole, but a colleague has asked if there are any child-friendly pubs in Edinburgh that would allow young kids in (with their parents, obviously) to watch World Cup games. His partner is from Spain, where the tradition is to head to the pub with the whole family to watch the national team play but it seems that the repressive interpretation of the licensing laws in this country are giving them trouble.

We show all the World Cup games (though sometimes not the end of 11pm kick offs) in Amarone on George st/St Andrews sq. No restrictions so children welcome any time.
frillage
World Cup Star

Postby bignose on Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:03 pm

Cheers. I'll pass that on.
bignose
World Cup Star

Postby StevePlease on Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:29 pm

The Chanter?

bignose wrote:2014

Oh. Never mind.
StevePlease
Embra Debut

Return to The Pub