Cardiff in Dec

Information for visiting fans and Edinburgh fans going away

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Cardiff in Dec

Postby chappo on Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:45 pm

Fly...to either Cardiff or Bristol...cheaper than the train by a mile!! And depending on how pawsh you are...I stayed in the prison of the Etap Hotel (near the centre) once...it was..errr...functional...but very cheap!! I'm going to this one too but won't be hanging around Beirut (St. Mary's St.) too long...! Carnage. Any other descriptive words for Cardiff on a Friday/Saturday night???
"La claque est immense!"
chappo
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:09 pm

you can make a cracking weekend of this - Scarlets play Munster on the Saturday (an hour on the train from Cardiff) and Bath play Leinster on the Sunday (similarly an hour or so away).
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby chappo on Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:09 pm

Wholeheartedly recommend Bath...gf and I are heading to Bath on the Saturday after escaping the Beirut wannabe that is Cardiff...hotels in Bath ain't too cheap at the moment though...

...oh...and in my experience, there's NOTHING in Llanelli...!
"La claque est immense!"
chappo
World Cup Star

Postby val3 on Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:14 pm

It's not just cos I work there but I'd suggest Bristol as a hotel stop. Because of the amount of businesses etc and travelling workers there are a fair number of hotels either very near to or within 10-15 mins walking distance of the station (and both Cardiff and Bath are easily reached from Temple Meads).
val3
International

Postby GaryIPA on Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:16 pm

chappo wrote:Wholeheartedly recommend Bath...gf and I are heading to Bath on the Saturday after escaping the Beirut wannabe that is Cardiff...hotels in Bath ain't too cheap at the moment though...

...oh...and in my experience, there's NOTHING in Llanelli...!

Llanelli is great, its just a bit wild west
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby Oldsalt on Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:24 am

Flight booked, tickets booked Ninian stand unreserved seating E20. Get in there!
Winston Churchill said that going to sea was like going to prison but with a chance of drowning!
Oldsalt
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:46 am

Have to say was really disappointed with Cardiff City Stadium. For such an important game the crowd was very small and made hardly any noise and this was highlighted in the Western Fail in their piece yesterday. Having been to CAP this is a real step down for them.

Problems afoot.

Cardiff still a good place to go to in general though so my recommendation would probably be to go to Dragons and stay in Cardiff getting train to and from the game (about 20 mins)
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Return to Travel