London Welsh

Information for visiting fans and Edinburgh fans going away

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

London Welsh

Postby Delight on Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:02 pm

Does anyone know when the date & time for the London Welsh game in Oxford will be confirmed? I am hoping its not going to be the Thursday night!

Cheers,
Delight
Delight
One cap wonder

Re: London Welsh

Postby biffer on Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:45 pm

Where did you hear that skhovvy?
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Ron on Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:08 pm

A press release I saw said it would be by the end of this week.
Ron
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:24 pm

Cool. Cheers Ron. A couple of us are planning to go to this one, stay with nLo don't and hopefully go to the London Scottish game if they don't clash. Sooner we know the better.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Delight on Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:58 pm

Thanks Skovdahl :thumbright:
Delight
One cap wonder

Postby Ron on Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:05 pm

Don't think any of the LW games on the tele either.
Ron
World Cup Star

Postby chappo on Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:12 pm

...another train journey! Woo hoo! ;)
"La claque est immense!"
chappo
World Cup Star

Postby Ron on Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:52 pm

Chappo, but you'll end up in Southampton.
Ron
World Cup Star

Postby Val on Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:36 pm

Having been there twice last season I can thoroughly recommend the 'Guide to the Kassam stadium' on the supporter website on rugbynetwork.net They cover just about everything you'll need to know - a few points I would make though...

The car park on site is huge and if you get there early enough there's the option of eating at Frankie & Benny's (if that's your thing) watching a movie or even going bowling at the large complex next door. The only real issue is getting out afterwards as there's only the one road out - it can take an hour to get out if there's a decent crowd.

You do need to get there early if you're picking up tickets. They really haven't got the queueing at the office sorted.

The Fanzone area was fun last year and proceeds do go to the club unlike the facilities inside the gates (which were pretty awful to be honest).

Unless thousands stream south for this match, they'll only have the South stand open (and probably only the lower tier at that). Please bear in mind that the roof does not provide full cover, the prevailing wind is from the west and there is no west stand - that end of the ground is open to the elements so you could end up wet and frozen if the weather isn't good. And I should know - I've been there !

Last but not least - if you're driving around Oxford at all - you need the patience of a saint. Even without the current roadworks - traffic can be a nightmare.
Val
International

Postby biffer on Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:46 pm

Four of us booked up for this, but staying in London. Going to London Scottish v Pontypridd on the Saturday, bozy night at the LS clubhouse, then up to Oxford for the game on Sunday and back to Edinburgh that evening.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby djsxv on Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:02 pm

Does anyone know any decent pubs in Oxford for Sunday night? We're staying at a Premier Inn about 20mins walk from the stadium and fancy heading into the town afterwards.
djsxv
World Cup Star

Return to Travel