Happy People V Grumpy People

on the message board, Supporters Club, or Edinburgh Rugby

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Happy People V Grumpy People

Postby CharlieBook on Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:30 am

I think it would be nice to have 2 seperate forums. one for the positive people and one for the grumpy negative people. i am so bored going onto this forum and reading all the negativity there is. Some like minded people in the same foum would be good - save me having to be prescribed happy pills!
Quote of the 2010 6 Nation from Andrew Cotter: "Euan Murray now without scrum cap. Any moment now, he will take off his shirt and start beating his chest!"
CharlieBook
World Cup Star

Re: Happy People V Grumpy People

Postby Derrick Lee's #1 Fan on Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:12 pm

CharlieBook wrote:I think it would be nice to have 2 seperate forums. one for the positive people and one for the grumpy negative people. i am so bored going onto this forum and reading all the negativity there is. Some like minded people in the same foum would be good - save me having to be prescribed happy pills!

I think it would be a better idea if people learned to come and go with each other. We all speak as we find and I don't think it's helpful to label people as "grumpy" or "negative" just because they don't sit there after a defeat saying "oh well, it wasn't our day losing 48-0 but didn't we play well?". I can assure you this forum would be a far more boring place if we all agreed with each other all the time.
"Arthur was terribly pleased that the day was for once working out so much according to plan. Only twenty minutes ago he had decided he would go mad and now here he was already chasing a Chesterfield sofa across the fields of prehistoric Earth."
Derrick Lee's #1 Fan
World Cup Star

Postby jrp on Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:55 pm

CharlieBook wrote:I think it would be nice to have 2 seperate forums. one for the positive people and one for the grumpy negative people. i am so bored going onto this forum and reading all the negativity there is. Some like minded people in the same foum would be good - save me having to be prescribed happy pills!

Oh FFS, will you give it a rest.
jrp

Postby CharlieBook on Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:03 pm

jrp wrote: Oh FFS, will you give it a rest.

only if you agree to take some happy pills! :lol:
Quote of the 2010 6 Nation from Andrew Cotter: "Euan Murray now without scrum cap. Any moment now, he will take off his shirt and start beating his chest!"
CharlieBook
World Cup Star

Postby CountryCousin on Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:12 pm

jrp says

"Oh FFS, will you give it a rest."

If you miss out the 'FFS' perhaps you would be taken a little more seriously. Just count to 10 and smile a little. :)
CountryCousin
World Cup Star

Postby djphilp on Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:41 pm

I'd like to reserve my right to be a grumpy b****** when posting on the forum when the need is there - which unfortunately it all too often is - as it saves me from being grumpy with my family. The outlet that the forum provides me to vent my spleen is invaluable to my family's continued bliss 8) .

I will though try to be positive where positivity is due so as not to cause upset to the happy brigade that have recently joined us old whingers :) .
Click on the logo above for Edinburgh's official website.
djphilp
World Cup Star

Postby jrp on Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:35 pm

Surely the happy clappys can never be upset though?
jrp

Return to Feedback