Rugby Shirts

Jokes, Prediction corner & Sounds

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Rugby Shirts

Postby Kuffs on Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:24 am

I found this whilst looking on another rugby forum:

"I run a popular website, http://www.oldfootballshirts.com , which was set up for fun to create the ultimate online history of football (soccer) shirts using photos submitted by fans of their own shirts.

We?ve been asked many times about doing the same sort of thing for Rugby, so here it is, http://www.oldrugbyshirts.com

We?re not a commercial site, the site was created for a bit of fun. We are after photos of your shirts, your favourite teams shirts, your own Club shirts, College team, University team, they all count. (They must be your own photos, no ?official? photos, no photos lifted from ebay).

We want to create a great online photographic collection of shirts from Rugby Union teams and Rugby League teams from around the world and you can be a part of it! All you have to do is take a photo of your shirt, go to the site, click on "Add a shirt" and follow the instructions. It's free to do, and you will be adding to THE online history of Rugby shirts.

The site is very new, so all the teams may not be on there yet, no problem though, just add the shirt, tell us the team name, we?ll add it to the database. Please do let us know if you have any comments, observations, hey, even criticisms; we can take them (probably!)

Thanks in advance for any new submissions. Hope you like the site."

There's currently no Edinburgh shirts on there, so I thought we (as supporters) should rectify that!!
Kuffs
World Cup Star

Postby frillage on Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:21 pm

someone get the 1872 shirt up!!!

:lol:
frillage
World Cup Star

Postby Jon on Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:49 pm

I have added in the 1872 shirt and 4 others - I think it takes a day or 3 for them to go live, but hopefully by Monday we will be off the mark!
Jon
World Cup Star

Postby Jon on Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:06 am

Edinburgh now off the mark..,

http://www.oldrugbyshirts.com/en/teams/ ... s-t86.html

Apologies for the 1872 one!
Jon
World Cup Star

Postby Jon on Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:32 pm

Edinburgh have been overtaken by Glasgow in the number of shirts posted on the above site.... not that I am competitive, but I have run out of shirts - surely there must be someone out there with the Carruthers Rugby Posts home and away shirts.... and others???
Jon
World Cup Star

Postby Derrick Lee's #1 Fan on Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:47 pm

Not me, I'm afraid...you've already uploaded all the Edinburgh shirts I own. Unless you're prepared to count my Emirates Airline Sevens or Accies v Barbarians ones! :D
Derrick Lee's #1 Fan
World Cup Star

Re:

Postby GuitarHero on Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:35 am

Jon wrote:Edinburgh have been overtaken by Glasgow in the number of shirts posted on the above site.... not that I am competitive, but I have run out of shirts - surely there must be someone out there with the Carruthers Rugby Posts home and away shirts.... and others???

I can get the home shirt posted! I'll send it in once I dig it out :D
GuitarHero
World Cup Star

Return to Fun & Games