New dan parks song for weegie game

Jokes, Prediction corner & Sounds

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

New dan parks song for weegie game

Postby cageybee on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:04 am

to the tune of the football chant "stand up if..."

DAN PARKS...HE GOT A DRIVING BAN
DAN PARKS...WITH LAGER IN HIS HAND
DAN PARKS...NO PICKED FOR SCOTLAND
DAN PARKS...HE PLAYES FOR WEEGIELAND
Here's to the girl with the one red shoe, she likes her men, she likes her booze, she lost her cherry, but that's no sin, 'coz she's still got the box that her cherry came in.
cageybee
One cap wonder

Re: New dan parks song for weegie game

Postby scotchrugbyfan on Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:20 pm

cageybee wrote:to the tune of the football chant "stand up if..."

DAN PARKS...HE GOT A DRIVING BAN
DAN PARKS...WITH LAGER IN HIS HAND
DAN PARKS...NO PICKED FOR SCOTLAND
DAN PARKS...HE PLAYES FOR WEEGIELAND

that is class but a wee bit cruel!!!!!
:arrow:
scotchrugbyfan

Postby Derrick Lee's #1 Fan on Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:05 pm

Not that I desperately care since I go to rugby to watch the game, but would it not be better, particularly in light of the condemnation of booing of kickers etc on another thread, to stick to singing complimentary songs about our own players rather than uncomplimentary ones about the opposition's?

I might also add that Parks has won games against us on his own in the past - why give him any extra motivation? :P
"Arthur was terribly pleased that the day was for once working out so much according to plan. Only twenty minutes ago he had decided he would go mad and now here he was already chasing a Chesterfield sofa across the fields of prehistoric Earth."
Derrick Lee's #1 Fan
World Cup Star

Postby CountryCousin on Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:56 pm

I agree with DL#1Fan.

Another way of looking at it is that some of our own supporters may have a drink driving ban and they themselves may not look on this too kindly.

Not that I look too kindly on drink driving, but I would say that such a conviction is a private/personal matter and nothing to do with the game of Rugby.
CountryCousin
World Cup Star

Postby Loops on Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:05 pm

Whilst I'm more than happy to sing most songs - usually off key - I'm not happy singling- (no pun intended) -out individuals just to be nasty, so I'm with DL#1F and CountryCousin.

Like my tag-line on another chatroom says - For my team, not against the others.
'I detest your opinion but I will defend to the death your right to express it.' Voltaire.

Spectating is a participatory sport.

'No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.' Eleanor Roosevelt.
Loops
World Cup Star

Postby cageybee on Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:12 am

really unsure why people take things quite so seriously...take it with a pinch of salt guys!!! lets face it...it was never going to be sang at a game by our "lego-men" boo-boys...who either sit and criticise or simply just sit....
Here's to the girl with the one red shoe, she likes her men, she likes her booze, she lost her cherry, but that's no sin, 'coz she's still got the box that her cherry came in.
cageybee
One cap wonder

Postby Derrick Lee's #1 Fan on Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:03 am

Oooo...helluva sorry mate! :P
"Arthur was terribly pleased that the day was for once working out so much according to plan. Only twenty minutes ago he had decided he would go mad and now here he was already chasing a Chesterfield sofa across the fields of prehistoric Earth."
Derrick Lee's #1 Fan
World Cup Star

Postby Legless on Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:29 pm

DP just isn't important enough to warrant a song as far as I'm concerned but I'm not fussed about other folk slagging him off.
Legless
World Cup Star

Postby CountryCousin on Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:43 pm

Dan Parks is obviouslyvery important to Glasgow. 20 points against Ulster to take them to the top of the league.

He is the top scorer in the Magners League (995 points I understand).

He may not be the most popular player in Scotland - but his record speaks for itself.

We will have to marshall him pretty well over the two games at christmas/New year.
CountryCousin
World Cup Star

Postby scotchrugbyfan on Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:35 pm

CountryCousin wrote:Dan Parks is obviouslyvery important to Glasgow. 20 points against Ulster to take them to the top of the league.

He is the top scorer in the Magners League (995 points I understand).

He may not be the most popular player in Scotland - but his record speaks for itself.

We will have to marshall him pretty well over the two games at christmas/New year.

Well said - He always gets compared to mossy and completely slagged off.

Ok he was drunk driving but who cares that was nothing to do with playing rugby - yess it tarrs his reputaion but

HE IS AN ACE PLAYER and the boys will not be able to give away penalties or we will lose!!

I said at the beginning the song was class - the rhyming and that but it is cruel can we please have a nice one!!!
scotchrugbyfan

Postby jrp on Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:11 pm

So good it had to be capitalised :roll:
jrp

Postby Derrick Lee's #1 Fan on Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:19 pm

He has always done well for Glasgow, it's only been when he's pulled on a Scotland shirt that he's struggled. Brendan Laney had a similar problem making the step up as I recall.
Derrick Lee's #1 Fan
World Cup Star

Postby scotchrugbyfan on Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:25 pm

HE is a Good player and should be recognised for this!

I'll bet if Mossy was caught on a DUI the slating wont be as bad as he got - he made a mistake get over it and concentrate on the rugby!!

Maybe hes a club boy n not a country boy! they cant all be as good a Mossy!!!!!!!!

Phil got a good slating on here as has Baby Blair ye cannae win can ye!!!
scotchrugbyfan

Postby superl99 on Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:43 pm

I'll bet if Mossy was caught on a DUI the slating wont be as bad as he got

I would think it would be worse actually, as Mossy claims to be teetotal and would therefore be a hypocrite if caught drink-driving!
superl99
World Cup Star

Postby Cammo Gunner on Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:51 pm

Leave 'Windy' alone???

Not on your nelly.

He was hyped up to be the saviour of Scottish rugby at fly-half & failed dismally. His infamous 'cowardice' on the field has ended up with more losees than victories - At least Phil & Blair Jr. take the ball up to the gain line & not boot it aimlessly away into the oppositions hands.

Although you could go far to find a better 10 at club level, he hasn't ever performed as well in a Navy Blue jumper.

He shouldn't be hounded for his 'drink driving' charge, but neither should he be forgiven for it - It was dangerous & potentially lethal.

If we can't have a bit of banter with regards to the opposition, then we might aswell not bother going to the games.

Part of many fans enjoyment is having a laugh with the visiting fans - We had Weegiees asking us why Windy was called Windy & once the had realised it wasn't meant with malice, they joined in too...

Surely a bit of common sense is required when it comes to bantering/slagging off & not jumping down each others throats
Cammo Gunner
World Cup Star

Next

Return to Fun & Games