The Quiz Night aftermath

Jokes, Prediction corner & Sounds

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

The Quiz Night aftermath

Postby Cammo Gunner on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:18 pm

Congratulations, thanks & all that jazz to the mass of supporters & players etc. who braved an unseasonaly pleasant evening.

The raffles during the evening raised a creditable £300+ for The Mark Wright Centre & gifted the signed flag (won I believe by 'Rafa' Moffat) & the 'signature' shirt (won by Ross 'Goldilocks' Samson).

There was a high spirited - at times - quiz with marvelous team names like: Penguin Erectors, Heid like Irn Bru & Ross Rennie Has a Girlfriend & more.

The winner of this years quiz was Rafa's 'Top Table' - I've heard there might be a stewards enquiry as all of the teams had 7 except Rafa's which had such a large number of members that Cecil B de Mille & his cast of 1000's would have been envious.

When Rafa was asked about his unfair advantage by a certain member of a well known Ice Cream Mafia family, his reply was - Nicky, a wins a win.....

The gallant quiz losers were 'Yahben!!!' but they did very well in the raffle & did manage to get a bonus point for telling the whole room the answer to one of the easier questions.

The final scores were:

1st Top Table

2nd Not So Magnificent 7

2nd We're Just Here For The Food

4th Heid Like Irn Bru

5th Fying Dutchmen

6th The Light Nights

7th Claire's Crusaders

8th Penguin Erectors

9th Ross Rennie Has a Girlfriend

10th Yahben!!
Cammo Gunner
World Cup Star

Re: The Quiz Night aftermath

Postby Fullglass Gunner on Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:07 am

I would like to pass on my thanks to all who organised it. It was a really good evening. The players were in top form as well. Could it be possible for an additional one, say around the autumn tests which would enable us to know the newer players and those not immediately involved with the AI's. :)
Fullglass Gunner
World Cup Star

Re: The Quiz Night aftermath

Postby jennyan on Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:33 pm

I'd just like to add our thanks for the organisation too. It was really well run, and a good fun night!
We were the winning team, and there were only 4 of us, and 4 players - not a cast of thousands..... Think there might be a bit of confusion?! :?
We thoroughly enjoyed it, and will be back next year - and good to see a lot of money being raised. Thanks! :mrgreen:
jennyan
Embra Debut

Return to Fun & Games