Rowan Suite

Jokes, Prediction corner & Sounds

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Rowan Suite

Postby kev on Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:50 pm

I see the bar facilities are the Rowan Suite for the Munster game tomorrow. Not good news, as I was led to believe the London Irish arrangements were a one off.
The message on the ER website is a bit worrying, as there is no commitment offered to going back into the President's Suite:
"Q: Why have the facilities been moved from the Presidents Suite?
A: Extensive refurbishment work has taken place in the suite over the summer and a full review is underway as to how the new facility will be used. Plans for the rest of the season will be confirmed as soon as the review is complete."

Rowan Suite doesn't suit me at all, as I'm not going to drag my five year old laddie up and down the stairs and halfway around the stadium.

Pretty sure that when I bought our season tickets we were told that the President's Suite would be the club bar.
kev
World Cup Star

Re: Rowan Suite

Postby Derrick Lee's #1 Fan on Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:06 pm

It doesn't say we definitely won't be going back to the President's Suite either though.

The one advantage the Rowan Suite has (though possibly more for the club than the punters :wink:) is that you're guaranteed to be gasping for a drink by the time you get there. :lol:
"Arthur was terribly pleased that the day was for once working out so much according to plan. Only twenty minutes ago he had decided he would go mad and now here he was already chasing a Chesterfield sofa across the fields of prehistoric Earth."
Derrick Lee's #1 Fan
World Cup Star

Postby Arlene on Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:33 pm

Derrick Lee's #1 Fan wrote:It doesn't say we definitely won't be going back to the President's Suite either though.

The one advantage the Rowan Suite has (though possibly more for the club than the punters :wink:) is that you're guaranteed to be gasping for a drink by the time you get there. :lol:

Not much use when you have to queue for 20 minutes because they've only got one person serving behind the bar!
Arlene
World Cup Star

Postby Chris on Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:44 pm

Arlene wrote:
Derrick Lee's #1 Fan wrote:It doesn't say we definitely won't be going back to the President's Suite either though.

Not much use when you have to queue for 20 minutes because they've only got one person serving behind the bar!

To be fair, they have also said they've upped the numbers of people serving: although, given that they're only serving (IRIC) Carling and MacLauchlan's flavour-free heavy then they're not going to get any money out of me either way. Beats me why they do this, and I said as much when on the phone to ER today, and it turns out they have a deal with Coors - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molson_Coors_brands for an explanation - in short, we're not going to get Guinness, Deuchars IPA or anything else interesting. :roll:

It simply means I'll have one or two (flavour free) beers from the bars behind the west stand to lubricate the shouting and will drink off-site before and/or after the game. This will not help build a club atmosphere - or increase the enjoyment of the evening for the prospective customer that may or may not come back. But then we're heading into the dangerous territory of marketing and the SRU, so I'll leave it there. :wink:
Chris
World Cup Star

Postby Hil on Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:28 pm

If I was a Premium Season Ticket holder I might be feeling a little short changed so far this season.
Slam the drop of victory
Hil
World Cup Star

Postby Derrick Lee's #1 Fan on Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:54 pm

Chris wrote:But then we're heading into the dangerous territory of marketing and the SRU, so I'll leave it there. :wink:

Quite right, the SRU never do anything wrong. :wink:
"Arthur was terribly pleased that the day was for once working out so much according to plan. Only twenty minutes ago he had decided he would go mad and now here he was already chasing a Chesterfield sofa across the fields of prehistoric Earth."
Derrick Lee's #1 Fan
World Cup Star

Postby CharlieBook on Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:36 am

Hil wrote:If I was a Premium Season Ticket holder I might be feeling a little short changed so far this season.

unfortunately i think ERC hands are tied- as usual by the SRU! i am a premium season ticket and not too concerned at the moment. my only concern is the lack of availability of players from the oppopsing team - they had to walk past us in the Thistle Suite last year to get their dinner - so there was no escape for them :lol:
Quote of the 2010 6 Nation from Andrew Cotter: "Euan Murray now without scrum cap. Any moment now, he will take off his shirt and start beating his chest!"
CharlieBook
World Cup Star

Postby Fee on Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:01 pm

We've just bought season tickets for the first time in three years and were looking forward to making an effort for the home games again and getting back to seeing Edinburgh friends on a regular basis. Due to family bereavement we've not been back yet so were planning to come back this weekend. Now we learn that the SRU is up to more of it's old tricks. They really couldn't give a toss, could they? I don't really care what bar they use but they need to realise that they can't muck people around, when you sell a Season TIcket with clear details about what you're going to provide for it you have to stick to it it or else be prepared to give folk their money back. Most supporters will take the bad performances with the good, but simply treating your customers like cr@p really isn't clever. But they'll never learn and I just wish I'd kept my money now because they don't deserve a damn penny.
Fee
World Cup Star

Postby Fee on Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:03 pm

Aye Hil, it's a total p1ss take.

Hil wrote:If I was a Premium Season Ticket holder I might be feeling a little short changed so far this season.
Fee
World Cup Star

Return to Fun & Games