LAUNCH PARTY FOR THE EDINBURGH RUGBY CALENDAR.

Jokes, Prediction corner & Sounds

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

LAUNCH PARTY FOR THE EDINBURGH RUGBY CALENDAR.

Postby Loops on Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:16 pm

Join us from 6pm on Wednesday 3rd November for an evening with Edinburgh Rugby's finest at the Rutland Hotel's fabulous club - The One Below.

Finish work and drop by for a glass of fizz with your favourite Edinburgh players as well as the chance to get your hands on the first ever copies of the new 2011 calendar.

The never before seen calendar will go on sale from 6.30pm, followed by a silent auction for signed original shots of the boys.

The players themselves will be on hand to sign the calendars and might even get behind the counter to sell a few!

Tickets cost just £5 with all proceeds going to Maggies.

Get your friends together and come along for a drink. We and all the boys hope to see you there.

Tickets available from : http://www.thecalendarparty.com
'I detest your opinion but I will defend to the death your right to express it.' Voltaire.

Spectating is a participatory sport.

'No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.' Eleanor Roosevelt.
Loops
World Cup Star

Re: LAUNCH PARTY FOR THE EDINBURGH RUGBY CALENDAR.

Postby Loops on Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:28 pm

From today's Sun :

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol ... naked.html

Ruck naked
By GRAEME DONOHOE

SCOTLAND'S rugby hunks prove they're really hot dates - stripping off for a cheeky charity calendar.

Hot dates ... 2011 calendarThe Edinburgh Rugby aces posed in their pants in front of the some of the capital's most famous landmarks.

And they had to brave crowds of tourists on the city's Royal Mile during the saucy shoot.

Scotland hero Nick De Luca persuaded fellow internationalists to join the shoot, including Ross Ford, Chris Paterson, Alex Grove, Ross Rennie, Alan MacDonald, Phil Godman and Mike Blair.

Nick, 26, said: "I think everyone involved had been putting in some extra training at the gym.

"The boys were a little shy so we snapped a lot of it very early in the morning or in the last bit of daylight so there weren't too many people around.

"But the first shoot was on the Royal Mile during the festival - it was mobbed. We had a few women who stopped and started taking their own photos."

The big-hearted stars hope the calendar will raise £10,000 for cancer charity Maggie's. And some of the players will dress as Chippendales for the launch party next week. Nick said: "Cancer touches everyone's life so we wanted to do something to help."

graemedonohoe@the-sun.co.uk

FOR more information go to http://www.thecalendarparty.com

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol ... z13gfYDjDC

Sorry, I wasn't able to attach the photos. Well worth a look at the website!
'I detest your opinion but I will defend to the death your right to express it.' Voltaire.

Loops
World Cup Star

Postby CharlieBook on Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:01 pm

Loops wrote:And some of the players will dress as Chippendales for the launch party next week.

:tongue3: and i was going to try and be on my best ehaviour. no chance! :roll: :airborne:
Quote of the 2010 6 Nation from Andrew Cotter: "Euan Murray now without scrum cap. Any moment now, he will take off his shirt and start beating his chest!"
CharlieBook
World Cup Star

Postby Loops on Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:07 am

A huge WELL DONE to Nick de Luca and the others involved for a very enjoyable social evening!

The calendars are now on sale from : http://www.edinburghrugbycalendar.com
Please pass on the link to all your friends - the team would like to raise a huge amount of money for Maggies! Oh - and order your calendars NOW!

Loops
World Cup Star

Postby Fullglass Gunner on Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:05 am

It was very enjoyable and I second Loop's congrats to Nick and all that were all involved in organising the calendar. I will certainly not forget being greeted at the door by Lee and Dave with a glass of bubbly!
Fullglass Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby Loops on Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:24 pm

Fullglass Gunner wrote: I will certainly not forget being greeted at the door by Lee and Dave with a glass of bubbly!

Me neither! :D

Loops
World Cup Star

Postby Loops on Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:09 pm

The Calendar sales raised about £14,000, which Nick has presented (or is going to present - can't quite remember, as it was a good night on Tuesday!) to Maggies.

Fantastic amount!

Loops
World Cup Star

Postby Njdeluca on Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:06 pm

New calendar new launch!!! Get your tickets from www.thecalendarparty.com and fast!
Njdeluca
Embra Debut

Return to Fun & Games