Season Tickets

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Season Tickets

Postby biffer on Sat May 05, 2018 7:37 pm

So, what are we expecting for prices?

It's complex because...

1 the price hasn't gone up for a while
2 we should only have 10 home games next year
3 we seem to be substantially better than we have been for a long time

What's a reasonable price? I paid £180 last year. If it's £210 next year I won't bat an eyelud
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Re: Season Tickets

Postby gunneria on Sat May 05, 2018 8:03 pm

Other complexities could be higher demand and what facilities will be like. I'm expecting a similar price but will go for 205 in the sweep.
gunneria
World Cup Star

Postby Crichton Gunner on Sat May 05, 2018 8:08 pm

£180 for last season felt like rip-off
£180 for this season felt like one of life's great bargains
I'll tell you if the pricing for 2018-19 is fair in a year's time!
Seriously though, we are getting Champions Cup teams instead of Krazny Yar, and haven't had an increase for a couple of years, so decent increase is on the cards.
Crichton Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Sat May 05, 2018 8:14 pm

I am thinking silver up to price of gold was it £220?

Assume we will get similar deal to Glasgow and in free to 3rd 1872 so still 11 games bound to be increase for champs Cup.

Not sure where my pain threshold is at present, potential of more Saturday matches more likely a decider than cost at this stage as have kid activities on weekends Friday night good for me.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Sun May 06, 2018 11:34 am

Its tough, it does seem very good value at the moment but if it gets raised too much it is then more attractive to buy on a game by game basis.

The free ticket for the 3rd game vs Glasgow can only really work in Murrayfield and the damage done to toys leaving prams would be huge if that were to happen, so it may be we don't get that.

They need to go up though, to keep pace with required income etc. If they could do something like give a meaningful gift (not a cap or neck warmer or whatever) like a polo shirt or something then it may soften the blow and hopefully they could do it fairly cheaply.

It wouldn't be a stretch to say we have the potential to double the no of season tickets this summer if we get this right.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Sun May 06, 2018 11:48 am

13 home games next season presumably.

If the standard price goes up a bit to £22/£23, the £200 for the standard ST works. Seems reasonable and brings in a wee bit more cash.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Sun May 06, 2018 11:56 am

There was talk in yesterday's club email of "landmark announcements" and "major developments on and off the field"

If we can think of those being a scrum half and perhaps even a stadium on the back pitches (is it possible to have temporary stands there?) my guess is the STs will increase in price, but they will have to keep it at a level that people will pay
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby royc on Sun May 06, 2018 3:01 pm

It would be a mistake to bump the ST prices up too much, the primary marketing task is surely to increase the volume, i.e. new bums on seats, and that is a lot easier to do if the price is attractive and there is a good differential between the cost of an ST and the cost of going to most of the home games, makes the ST much easier to sell.

I don't think Edinburgh are any great shakes at marketing (and that's erring on the side of kindness!). What they should do here is keep the ST price rise down to no more than 10%, so £199 in supermarket pricing terms. Then promote the offer much more heavily - and widely - than they generally do. With a new stadium and an exciting team, this is a good time to go fishing for new STHs.

An additional substantiation for that route is that the cost of the Premier TV package will inevitably lead to some making an either-or choice between Premier or ST, so this is not the time to start profit-taking.

When you have the volume up towards where you want it, that's the time to push the prices up to find the tipping point, as Mr Sainsbury and thousands others demonstrate daily as they rake through our wallets.
royc
World Cup Star

Postby macdone on Mon May 07, 2018 12:01 am

Tichtheid wrote:There was talk in yesterday's club email of "landmark announcements" and "major developments on and off the field"

If we can think of those being a scrum half and perhaps even a stadium on the back pitches (is it possible to have temporary stands there?) my guess is the STs will increase in price, but they will have to keep it at a level that people will pay

A "landmark announcement" would be a hotel development and indoor arena \ new Edinburgh stadium at Murrayfield.
macdone
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Mon May 07, 2018 12:35 am

macdone wrote:
Tichtheid wrote:There was talk in yesterday's club email of "landmark announcements" and "major developments on and off the field"

A "landmark announcement" would be a hotel development and indoor arena \ new Edinburgh stadium at Murrayfield.

Not likely to be open by September, I would guess.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Mon May 07, 2018 12:42 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:Assume we will get similar deal to Glasgow .

you mean pay for 14 games and only get 13? :D

No thanks.

Can't see the 3rd 1872 always being at Murrayfield now it is official the home ground again - it wasn't at the start of this season.
joe soap
World Cup Star

Postby Edinburgh Shark on Mon May 07, 2018 1:01 pm

joe soap wrote:
The Feral Goat wrote:Assume we will get similar deal to Glasgow .

you mean pay for 14 games and only get 13? :D

No thanks.

Can't see the 3rd 1872 always being at Murrayfield now it is official the home ground again - it wasn't at the start of this season.

Celtic Park as a practice for the Pro14 final?
Edinburgh Shark
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Mon May 07, 2018 1:03 pm

Edinburgh Shark wrote:Celtic Park as a practice for the Pro14 final?

I could certainly see that happening.
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Mon May 07, 2018 1:30 pm

Edinburgh Shark wrote:Celtic Park as a practice for the Pro14 final?

how much would it cost to hire Celtic Park? 6 figures?
joe soap
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Mon May 14, 2018 1:55 pm

The 2 pitches by the railway are 'up' but the one parallel to the astro isnt.

Looking at the layout can't see how a pitch with bleachers would be laid out without losing an existing pitch .

In addition there would need to be a secure perimeter and turnstiles as outside the current fence sort of speak .
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Next

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum