Season Tickets

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Season Tickets

Postby Wottie on Mon May 14, 2018 2:31 pm

I would expect the new pitch to be orientated the same way as the existing two that you say have been lifted and will sit exactly in the middle of the site of the two pitches at present. Two temp stands, one down both east and west sides of the new pitch, hopefully with some terraced standing down pitch-side and the seating above (like they have at Ravenhill). I expect both ends will be left open to railway line and north to the existing astro pitch. That will give you the sort of capacity they have been talking about whilst taking away only two pitches (so long as there is circulation space to get people round to the west stand). I think that would work quite well utilising the existing facilities at BTM (or the Wanderer's Clubhouse, which I assume they vacate with the pitch?).
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Mon May 14, 2018 3:08 pm

GaryIPA wrote:The 2 pitches by the railway are 'up' but the one parallel to the astro isnt.

Looking at the layout can't see how a pitch with bleachers would be laid out without losing an existing pitch .

In addition there would need to be a secure perimeter and turnstiles as outside the current fence sort of speak .

To be honest though, when are all 4 pitches actually used? So losing one of the three grass pitches wouldn't be a big deal.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Mon May 14, 2018 3:14 pm

biffer wrote:
GaryIPA wrote:The 2 pitches by the railway are 'up' but the one parallel to the astro isnt.

Looking at the layout can't see how a pitch with bleachers would be laid out without losing an existing pitch .

In addition there would need to be a secure perimeter and turnstiles as outside the current fence sort of speak .

To be honest though, when are all 4 pitches actually used? So losing one of the three grass pitches wouldn't be a big deal.

Going to need to lose 2.
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Mon May 14, 2018 3:24 pm

GaryIPA wrote:In addition there would need to be a secure perimeter and turnstiles as outside the current fence sort of speak .

Could extend the WoL into a proper moat, stick in drawbridge and keep working the castle/knights marketing SteveWalsh that was such a hit.

Going to need to lose 2.

Was there not 3 grass and 1 3G pitch? If 2 grass have been removed presumable to be replaced with 1 grass/4G/hybrid will only be 1 pitch down although the 1 replacement is likely to be in a ER temp stadium thingy.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Mon May 14, 2018 3:25 pm

Wottie wrote:
biffer wrote:

Going to need to lose 2.

1, as there'll still be one in the middle of the stands.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Frenchy on Mon May 14, 2018 3:26 pm

Where's the hotel supposed to be going?
Frenchy
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Mon May 14, 2018 3:28 pm

Frenchy wrote:Where's the hotel supposed to be going?

East across from tram stop

http://www.scottishrugby.org/news/16/06 ... urrayfield
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Mon May 14, 2018 4:42 pm

Frenchy wrote:Where's the hotel supposed to be going?

The hotel development was going to require the relocation of the war memorial arch so that would suggest South East corner of the site rather than the south west where the back pitches are.
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Mon May 14, 2018 4:43 pm

biffer wrote:1, as there'll still be one in the middle of the stands.

Ah, now I get you. Net loss of 1 pitch! :oops:
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Mon May 14, 2018 7:00 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:
GaryIPA wrote:In addition there would need to be a secure perimeter and turnstiles as outside the current fence sort of speak .

Could extend the WoL into a proper moat, stick in drawbridge and keep working the castle/knights marketing SteveWalsh that was such a hit.

Going to need to lose 2.

Was there not 3 grass and 1 3G pitch? If 2 grass have been removed presumable to be replaced with 1 grass/4G/hybrid will only be 1 pitch down although the 1 replacement is likely to be in a ER temp stadium thingy.

Sharks. Got to have sharks
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby bignose on Mon May 14, 2018 9:57 pm

GaryIPA wrote:

With frikkin' lasers...
bignose
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Tue May 15, 2018 8:53 am

bignose wrote:
GaryIPA wrote:

With frikkin' lasers...

Falling into a moat and getting attacked by sharks with lasers would be a more reasonable excuse for non attendance than a lot of the reasons trotted out for not making it to ER matches over the last two seasons.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter on Tue May 15, 2018 6:27 pm

When are they likely to be up for renewal? need to pick the lock on the piggy bank, and, when are the new season fixtures announced usually?, trying to book a late week away in October/November and don't want to miss home game.
Pitfitter

Postby Cammo Gunner on Tue May 15, 2018 6:47 pm

Pitfitter wrote:When are they likely to be up for renewal? need to pick the lock on the piggy bank, and, when are the new season fixtures announced usually?, trying to book a late week away in October/November and don't want to miss home game.

IIRC July/August for fixtures & Late June/Early July for STs
Cammo Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter on Tue May 15, 2018 7:16 pm

Ta, was gonna check back the bank to find when they were paid for last year, saves a task.
Pitfitter

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum