"Supporters invited to join new Fan Engagement Forum"

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

"Supporters invited to join new Fan Engagement Forum"

Postby Frenchy on Tue May 15, 2018 11:46 am

Frenchy
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:35 pm

Re: "Supporters invited to join new Fan Engagement Forum"

Postby Wottie on Tue May 15, 2018 12:08 pm

Fair play to the Club, but geezo, it's been a very very long time coming!
#AlwaysBlack&Red
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 1425
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:57 pm
Location: Edinburgh

Re: "Supporters invited to join new Fan Engagement Forum"

Postby GaryIPA on Tue May 15, 2018 12:32 pm

Item 1 - Lasers
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 4221
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 10:00 pm

Re: "Supporters invited to join new Fan Engagement Forum"

Postby dolf_lundgren on Tue May 15, 2018 5:40 pm

Seems odd that they don't just use the supporters club to represent the supporters, then they could legitimately say they were elected, if they are selected there is always the potential for criticism of it being hand picked not to create waves or the old buys network. I think it is a step forward but perhaps needed a bit more thought.

Not sure about the lasers, need to source the right sharks before we fit the lasers.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:40 pm

Re: "Supporters invited to join new Fan Engagement Forum"

Postby adi1314 on Tue May 15, 2018 5:40 pm

Item 2 - which GW scrum-half do we want.
adi1314
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:20 pm
Location: Isle of Man

Re: "Supporters invited to join new Fan Engagement Forum"

Postby GaryIPA on Tue May 15, 2018 5:43 pm

dolf_lundgren wrote:Seems odd that they don't just use the supporters club to represent the supporters, then they could legitimately say they were elected, if they are selected there is always the potential for criticism of it being hand picked not to create waves or the old buys network. I think it is a step forward but perhaps needed a bit more thought.

Not sure about the lasers, need to source the right sharks before we fit the lasers.


Yes the supporters should choose who the want to represent them not the club
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 4221
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 10:00 pm

Re: "Supporters invited to join new Fan Engagement Forum"

Postby gunneria on Tue May 15, 2018 6:56 pm

Might apply. Do you think there will be biscuits?
gunneria
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 278
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:38 pm

Re: "Supporters invited to join new Fan Engagement Forum"

Postby GaryIPA on Tue May 15, 2018 9:45 pm

gunneria wrote:Might apply. Do you think there will be biscuits?


Only if you take them.
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 4221
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 10:00 pm

Re: "Supporters invited to join new Fan Engagement Forum"

Postby KenMavor on Wed May 16, 2018 12:43 pm

GaryIPA wrote:
gunneria wrote:Might apply. Do you think there will be biscuits?


Only if you take them.


Chocolate hobnobs please.
KenMavor
International
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:00 pm

Re: "Supporters invited to join new Fan Engagement Forum"

Postby Martin Bell on Sat May 19, 2018 4:29 pm

GaryIPA wrote:
dolf_lundgren wrote:Seems odd that they don't just use the supporters club to represent the supporters, then they could legitimately say they were elected, if they are selected there is always the potential for criticism of it being hand picked not to create waves or the old buys network. I think it is a step forward but perhaps needed a bit more thought.

Not sure about the lasers, need to source the right sharks before we fit the lasers.


Yes the supporters should choose who the want to represent them not the club


It does seem a bit odd, particularly when successful applicants are supposed to be able to feed back the views of others in their category (ST holders etc). I'd have thought the Supporters Club could cover a couple of the demographics they are wanting to hear from, while the club could identify current/former players, business club folk etc.

Anyway, it's a welcome initiative nonetheless and hopefully will help the club develop the supporter offer.
Hail to the memory of The Stovenator.

TALK IS CHEAP. Just a thought.
User avatar
Martin Bell
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 1324
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:27 pm
Location: @TheEmbraExpress

Re: "Supporters invited to join new Fan Engagement Forum"

Postby Cammo Gunner on Sat May 26, 2018 1:56 pm

Perhaps the AGM will help clear things up.
Cammo Gunner
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 1266
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:40 pm
Location: Edinburgh

Re: "Supporters invited to join new Fan Engagement Forum"

Postby Ron on Sat May 26, 2018 9:50 pm

The Supporters Club had no knowledge of this initiative whatsoever but have able to schedule a meeting with ER for next week at which we hope to be brought up to date.
If we're able to the the Supporters Club will be able to advise members further at the end of next week or the beginning of the week after.
Ron
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 698
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:32 pm


Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: David990 and 8 guests