Season Tickets

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Season Tickets

Postby bignose on Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:10 am

joe soap wrote:And the biggie, It does say on the blur that to ensure you get a ST next season, you should buy one this season. Now I think that is over egging it a bit, but the base point is true - if you want a good seat the following season, get a good one now


They've done that with the Scotland Season Tickets. There are no new Season Tickets available any more. Those bought through clubs have been capped against the number that were bought last year, commission has been reduced and clubs will be cut out of the communication loop with the season ticket holders during the coming season. Obviously someone in Marketing has decided that the season tickets are too good an offer. We'll see how that pans out in both contexts (Scotland, Edinburgh)
bignose
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 906
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:32 pm

Re: Season Tickets

Postby New Gunner on Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:11 am

Anyone been able to renew yet? I tried but there is no link yet that I can see, just that you can renew ‘soon’?
New Gunner
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 602
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: Season Tickets

Postby The Feral Goat on Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:20 am

Nope, thought current ST holders would have received an email with link etc overnight/this morning but not seen anything
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 2109
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:55 am

Re: Season Tickets

Postby Weegie on Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:31 am

If you are a current season ticket holder it should come up when you log in to the ticket site. The SRU being their usual selves the site did not of course go live at 10, so I phoned to see what was going on and was on hold for a while. By the time I got through and they put it up, the best seats were gone to people who had phoned in straight away at 10, including the seats we have sat in for years.
Weegie
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:45 pm

Re: Season Tickets

Postby The Feral Goat on Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:44 am

Poor effort if that is the case.

Silver Saturday back again next year, bit rough on Glasgow fans perhaps match timing can be addressed though.

http://www.scottishrugby.org/news/18/06 ... hine-again
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 2109
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:55 am

Re: Season Tickets

Postby The Feral Goat on Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:16 am

What's Included?
•Access to nine Guinness PRO14 home games
•Access to three home European Champions Cup pool matches
•U16s go free with adult Season Ticket Members for the full season (one child per Season Ticket Member)
•Free ticket to Silver Saturday - which incorporates BT Cup Finals Day and the deciding leg of the 1872 Cup against Glasgow
•Priority access to tickets for Guinness PRO14 and European Champions Cup knock-out matches when appropriate
•Exclusive access to Season Ticket Member events and competitions throughout the season
•Membership gift pack packed with exclusive goodies
•Entry into a prize draw for the chance to present one of nine Try of the Month Awards
•First choice of seating in proposed new stadium for 2019/20

9 Pro14, plus Silver Saturday which in theory would have been 2nd away v Glasgow this season does that not mean we are missing a match v last year? thought we had 11 home games last year, one of the Murrayfield 1872 games theoretically switching to Glasgow would make it 10 so how are we only at 9?
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 2109
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:55 am

Re: Season Tickets

Postby Tichtheid on Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:17 pm

That nine must be a typo - we have six home games from our pool, plus three home games against the other pool teams plus the 1872 games. Either it's a typo and we have a Christmas game at Murrayfield against The Weedge, making it ten plus the 1872 or we are playing two at Scotstoun this coming season, which would be difficult to argue against as long as Edinburgh are given the same kind of rights to tickets as when Glasgow had to play their home fixture at Murrayfield
Tichtheid
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 2097
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:51 pm
Location: Alba Bheag

Re: Season Tickets

Postby GaryIPA on Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:34 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:Poor effort if that is the case.

Silver Saturday back again next year, bit rough on Glasgow fans perhaps match timing can be addressed though.

http://www.scottishrugby.org/news/18/06 ... hine-again


Yup the frothing has started
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 4295
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 10:00 pm

Re: Season Tickets

Postby GaryIPA on Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:36 pm

Weegie wrote:If you are a current season ticket holder it should come up when you log in to the ticket site. The SRU being their usual selves the site did not of course go live at 10, so I phoned to see what was going on and was on hold for a while. By the time I got through and they put it up, the best seats were gone to people who had phoned in straight away at 10, including the seats we have sat in for years.



That's poor. Should always be able to get your old seats. New st should have access to unallocated seats at the moment doesn't sound like the case
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 4295
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 10:00 pm

Re: Season Tickets

Postby Weegie on Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:41 pm

Tichtheid wrote:That nine must be a typo - we have six home games from our pool, plus three home games against the other pool teams plus the 1872 games. Either it's a typo and we have a Christmas game at Murrayfield against The Weedge, making it ten plus the 1872 or we are playing two at Scotstoun this coming season, which would be difficult to argue against as long as Edinburgh are given the same kind of rights to tickets as when Glasgow had to play their home fixture at Murrayfield


I think we are playing two at Scotstoun, but 'Silver Saturday' messes up the logic. We''ll play Glasgow three times a year, one of which is the conference game which will move back and forth year by year, the other two are local 'make up the numbers' games which should be home and away.

In essence, the format meant that in one year we should have played two games at Scotstoun, one at Murrayfield, the next one at Scotstoun, two at Murrayfield. 'Silver Saturday' messes that up. Last year we had two games in Edinburgh, but one was called 'Silver Saturday', this year we get one at Murrayfield, which is called 'Silver Saturday' and because of that looks like we do not get a home game against Glasgow.

But I am struggling to get my head round this tbf.
Weegie
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:45 pm

Re: Season Tickets

Postby Weegie on Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:45 pm

GaryIPA wrote:
Weegie wrote:If you are a current season ticket holder it should come up when you log in to the ticket site. The SRU being their usual selves the site did not of course go live at 10, so I phoned to see what was going on and was on hold for a while. By the time I got through and they put it up, the best seats were gone to people who had phoned in straight away at 10, including the seats we have sat in for years.


That's poor. Should always be able to get your old seats. New st should have access to unallocated seats at the moment doesn't sound like the case


I was not best pleased. I only found out that tickets were on sale today yesterday, too late to phone the ticket office. We liked the people we have sat beside for years, but there is no guarantee they got their seats either. We are quite close by so no biggie from a convenience perspective, but I am a curmudgeon and hate having to talk to new people.
Weegie
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:45 pm

Re: Season Tickets

Postby The Feral Goat on Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:47 pm

Anyone know when the Weegie STs go on sale if not already may get some clarity from that announcement?

I would like to think 2019/20 it will be a non-issue when we have 1 Scotstoun, 1 minifield and 1 Murrayfield match.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 2109
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:55 am

Re: Season Tickets

Postby Weegie59 on Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:33 pm

No Car Parking included ? As I travel from West lothian this is important to me
Weegie59
Embra Debut
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: Season Tickets

Postby biffer on Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:16 pm

GaryIPA wrote:
The Feral Goat wrote:Poor effort if that is the case.

Silver Saturday back again next year, bit rough on Glasgow fans perhaps match timing can be addressed though.

http://www.scottishrugby.org/news/18/06 ... hine-again


Yup the frothing has started


The seethe is quite exceptionally strong this evening.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 4104
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:07 pm

Re: Season Tickets

Postby Martin Bell on Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:20 pm

Weegie wrote:
GaryIPA wrote:
Weegie wrote:If you are a current season ticket holder it should come up when you log in to the ticket site. The SRU being their usual selves the site did not of course go live at 10, so I phoned to see what was going on and was on hold for a while. By the time I got through and they put it up, the best seats were gone to people who had phoned in straight away at 10, including the seats we have sat in for years.


That's poor. Should always be able to get your old seats. New st should have access to unallocated seats at the moment doesn't sound like the case


I was not best pleased. I only found out that tickets were on sale today yesterday, too late to phone the ticket office. We liked the people we have sat beside for years, but there is no guarantee they got their seats either. We are quite close by so no biggie from a convenience perspective, but I am a curmudgeon and hate having to talk to new people.


Sorry to hear that and it sounds like history repeating itself. Tbh, I was surprised to see Gold sets available for roving ST holders like myself to buy during the ST holder window, but assumed that they might have blanked out seats held by Gold people from last season in order that they could renew.

This is the sort of glitch that the engagement forum might be able to spot in advance.

That apart, it all looks good to me.
Hail to The Berghanator.

#lovinthescrummin
User avatar
Martin Bell
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 1347
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:27 pm
Location: @TheEmbraExpress

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests