Season Tickets

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Season Tickets

Postby GaryIPA on Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:31 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:I see Mark Palmer from the times has tweeted on the back of European Rugby saying the Heidelberg ruling is being based on maintaining the “integrity of the game” if the Pro14 will review Edinburghs extra “home” game. Assume Welsh teams sort of have a similar issue with their judgement day although Cardiff don’t actually play in the millennium stadium.

Bit clumsy all round but always likely with the conference system. I am trying to think of how the scheduling could work but perhaps something like Rugby Leagues Magic weekend, where all teams play at a neutral ground over a weekend, could that leave all teams with 10 home games plus the neutral venue, assuming the neutral ground is not Edinburgh, Cardiff, Dublin etc a nice wee trip to watch rugby somewhere sunny is always nice.

That's actually not unreasonable
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:41 pm

GaryIPA wrote:
The Feral Goat wrote:I see Mark Palmer from the times has tweeted on the back of European Rugby saying the Heidelberg ruling is being based on maintaining the “integrity of the game” if the Pro14 will review Edinburghs extra “home” game. Assume Welsh teams sort of have a similar issue with their judgement day although Cardiff don’t actually play in the millennium stadium.

Bit clumsy all round but always likely with the conference system. I am trying to think of how the scheduling could work but perhaps something like Rugby Leagues Magic weekend, where all teams play at a neutral ground over a weekend, could that leave all teams with 10 home games plus the neutral venue, assuming the neutral ground is not Edinburgh, Cardiff, Dublin etc a nice wee trip to watch rugby somewhere sunny is always nice.

That's actually not unreasonable

Yeah, I think everyone having 10 home, 10 away plus a neutral venue would work. Potential for the Irish teams to do a weekend in London for example, or New York.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:40 pm

See the Warriors have confirmed on Twitter that their ST sales are over 3,800 to date. Not sure how many they sell, probably 5,000? Wonder how many of the militants threatening not to renew STs over Silver Saturday and lack of signings have folded?

Wish Edinburgh would issue an update on sales to date like this.
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:51 pm

Wottie wrote:See the Warriors have confirmed on Twitter that their ST sales are over 3,800 to date. Not sure how many they sell, probably 5,000? Wonder how many of the militants threatening not to renew STs over Silver Saturday and lack of signings have folded?

No data available as the ticket office were unprepared and lost count after using up both hands for once :)
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:55 pm

I was going to say, it is probably too embarrassing!

Also they use it as a tool to encrouage others, if they only have a set amount and they are selling fast it is an incentive. We have an unlimited amount so no real drive to do it. I tend to go as late as possible, why shell out the money?
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:02 pm

dolf_lundgren wrote:I was going to say, it is probably too embarrassing!

Also they use it as a tool to encrouage others, if they only have a set amount and they are selling fast it is an incentive. We have an unlimited amount so no real drive to do it. I tend to go as late as possible, why shell out the money?

I know we don't have capacity issues like they do at Scotstoun, but it's still reasonable to expect that people may be motivated get on board if they see reported ST sales going well. They must be good this year given we are giving away free ones to kids?
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:31 pm

Dunno, maybe just not in the habit either.

How many did we sell last year? 1500 rings a bell but may be making that up.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:53 pm

Wottie wrote:See the Warriors have confirmed on Twitter that their ST sales are over 3,800 to date. Not sure how many they sell, probably 5,000? Wonder how many of the militants threatening not to renew STs over Silver Saturday and lack of signings have folded?

Have they? Indeed.they have sold 3800 for.their pre season in Perth
joe soap
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:05 pm

joe soap wrote:

Mybad, you are correct JS, that was a tweet about tickets for the pre-season match, on which I have jumped to an incorrect conclusion :oops:. That is an absolutely staggering result already! They are going to be taking more than our average home crowd 65 miles north for a pre-season friendly! Estimates on what we will take down to Newcastle?
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:57 pm

There was a lot of moaning and complaining about that preseason game on the Glasgow forum. I expect a good few of the tickets have been bought by people in the district who don’t get to Glasgow for games
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby BigD163 on Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:09 am

Wottie wrote:
joe soap wrote:

Mybad, you are correct JS, that was a tweet about tickets for the pre-season match, on which I have jumped to an incorrect conclusion :oops:. That is an absolutely staggering result already! They are going to be taking more than our average home crowd 65 miles north for a pre-season friendly! Estimates on what we will take down to Newcastle?

There will be a large Fife/Tayside uptake in those tickets. That and the more northern Midlands and southern north clubs get very little access to the "big teams" without taking the trek to get to Edinburgh or Glasgow so I imagine they've bought tickets.
BigD163
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:40 pm

Its an impressive figure. I think a few weegie st holders were hoping to send a message by not attending. I don't think this game was ever really for the STs it was about showcasing and spreading the "brand" into Perth etc.

Agree there will be a chunk of people who don't normally go to games who are going. Possibly a lot of kids too as Friday nights are not ideal for youngsters.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby disco on Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:11 pm

Just been confirmed that there will be 2 games at Scotstoun and 1 at Murrayfield between Glasgow and Edinburgh. Festive double header as normal and Scotstoun hosting the final match of the series.

Interestingly Edinburgh season tickets have gone off sale temporarily...
disco
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:25 pm

They really ballsed the season tickets up.

The third 1872 should've been at Scotstoun from the start and all this message avoided.

Brain dead from the SRU.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:01 pm

What's missing from this communication is what is going to happen with the "floating" third game in future seasons (assuming no further changes to the Pro14 and consequential match scheduling). We will be in our new stadium by then so do they go for a home and away festive double header and then the 3rd game reverts to Silver Saturday in what will by then be the "neutral" national stadium ...... or do we get the third home game in our new stadium with a small away support every second year. They should just get it out there now so everyone is on page and aware. I think Cockers will have something to say about playing "home" games against Glasgow at BTM going forward given the familiarity of the place for most of their squad. Going to be interesting.

I do think this was the only solution to the mess they found themselves in here. Didn't like the idea of 2 away legs over Xmas / New Year and that also turns its back on capitalising on the extra bums on seats from tie ups with the Hogmanay Festival. It's a shame for the clubs that there will not be the fan boost for their finals day but hats off to the SRU for the intent I suppose. It was just the execution that was p*ss poor.
Wottie
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum