Mini Murrayfied

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Mini Murrayfied

Postby Wottie on Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:10 pm

This probably needs a new Thread now that Frenchy has alerted everyone that the application and supporting submission and drawings are available to view on the Council's Planning Portal.

The details can be accessed here:
https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk ... ICIEWFON00

Let the observations and discussion begin!!
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Re: Mini Murrayfied

Postby The Feral Goat on Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:43 pm

WTF no monorail in the plans? So I would have to walk all the way around the South stand from the tram, Myreside was closer...I am out

On a serious note from a very quick look first thoughts are mostly positive, couple of minor reservations 1. No standing it would appear 2. temp stands always have the supports in the front that obscure a bit of the view.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby bignose on Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:47 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:WTF no monorail in the plans? So I would have to walk all the way around the South stand from the tram, Myreside was closer...I am out

On a serious note from a very quick look first thoughts are mostly positive, couple of minor reservations 1. No standing it would appear 2. temp stands always have the supports in the front that obscure a bit of the view.

There is clearly standing in the front section of three of the four stands when you drill down to the elevation plans (one side and both ends, I *think*. Those sitting at the back of the stands will not be able to see much of the ball should it be kicked to any reasonable height due to the lack of height on the roof.
bignose
World Cup Star

Postby STKS on Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:48 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:1. No standing it would appear

If you look at '09-proposed stand sections' you can see that the proposed stands have a standing section on all but one stand. I believe North stand will be the main stand with press and TV gantry, so it's opposite stand, south, will have no standing.
STKS
International

Postby Frenchy on Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:52 pm

Wottie wrote:This probably needs a new Thread now that Frenchy has alerted everyone that the application and supporting submission and drawings are available to view on the Council's Planning Portal.

The details can be accessed here:
https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk ... ICIEWFON00

Let the observations and discussion begin!!

Linking directly to the application like this will only work temporarily.

The planning reference number is 18/02489/FUL, for anyone who needs to search for it.
Frenchy
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:09 pm

bignose wrote:There is clearly standing in the front section of three of the four stands when you drill down to the elevation plans (one side and both ends, I *think*. Those sitting at the back of the stands will not be able to see much of the ball should it be kicked to any reasonable height due to the lack of height on the roof.

Yes the standing areas at the front of three of the 4 stands are visible on the elevation drawings. Also looks like there are no side or rear walls to the stands on the 3D visuals. That's going to be LawrenceBryce exposed in the depth of winter if it's the case. Hoping it's just artistic licence on the visuals but will check the plans in detail tonight at home.
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:48 pm

Wottie wrote:
bignose wrote:There is clearly standing in the front section of three of the four stands when you drill down to the elevation plans (one side and both ends, I *think*. Those sitting at the back of the stands will not be able to see much of the ball should it be kicked to any reasonable height due to the lack of height on the roof.

Yes the standing areas at the front of three of the 4 stands are visible on the elevation drawings. Also looks like there are no side or rear walls to the stands on the 3D visuals. That's going to be LawrenceBryce exposed in the depth of winter if it's the case. Hoping it's just artistic licence on the visuals but will check the plans in detail tonight at home.

:oops: should have looked at more of the links before taking to the keyboard. Thanks

I think I looked at master plan which quoted each stand capacity I now see this is broken down between seated/standing disabled etc on one of the other schedules. Actually looks to be quite a bit of standing, with a bit of covered terracing at the front which would be good.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:41 pm

Had hoped for at least 1 perm stand with changing rooms/hospitality facilities. Also 50% of the toilet provision is within the main stadium. Have to assume that the players will use the changing rooms in there too? Not ideal both in terms of the walk to and from the pitch and also if there is an HIA it will take the 10 mins to get to and from the sheds!

So not ideal but a good start I think.

Are wanderers being kicked out? Whats happening with their clubhouse, its a good space and could work well as a base.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby Weegie59 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:12 pm

Thought Wanderers had their lease terminated/not renewed and their clubhouse is proposed site for hotel
Weegie59
Established pro

Postby Wottie on Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:16 pm

dolf_lundgren wrote:Had hoped for at least 1 perm stand with changing rooms/hospitality facilities. Also 50% of the toilet provision is within the main stadium. Have to assume that the players will use the changing rooms in there too? Not ideal both in terms of the walk to and from the pitch and also if there is an HIA it will take the 10 mins to get to and from the sheds!

Think when you get into having all those facilities in a permanent stand you are into mega bucks so that was probably an unrealistic expectation DL (particularly with what is sitting there under the West stand in BTM). I think it's interesting that the stand construction differs for the north stand compared to all other stands (structure and roof profile). Wonder if this is the permanent one and that growth will be facilitated by alteration to the other three? The capacity increase strategy will be fascinating to hear, particularly in light of how quickly Glasgow "out-grew" Scotstoun from a very low base at Firhill.
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:42 pm

probably right. I was just thinking one of the main ways to get revenue back would have been to sell more corporate for big games and internationals. Other thought was that the wanderers clubhouse could do that job too. I thought the hotel was going to be at the back of the East stand?
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby bignose on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:11 pm

dolf_lundgren wrote:Are wanderers being kicked out? Whats happening with their clubhouse, its a good space and could work well as a base.

Wanderers have been kicked out as I understand it. Looks like they may be playing their rugby in the park in front of the ice rink next season, with next to no facilities. That's quite a come-down, particularly for their women's team which has been one of the powerhouses of the game over the past decade or more.

Reading Keith Russell's diatribes about Dobson not giving a fig about the club game, one has to wonder...
bignose
World Cup Star

Postby Yonthing on Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:48 pm

Frenchy wrote:Linking directly to the application like this will only work temporarily.

The planning reference number is 18/02489/FUL, for anyone who needs to search for it.

Or just go the the Council planning page and search “Murrayfield” :lol:
Yonthing
International

Postby Yonthing on Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:51 pm

dolf_lundgren wrote:...Not ideal both in terms of the walk to and from the pitch ...

From what I’ve heard the payers are already very adept at driving from the main building out to the back pitches :lol:
Yonthing
International

Postby GaryIPA on Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:54 pm

dolf_lundgren wrote:Had hoped for at least 1 perm stand with changing rooms/hospitality facilities. Also 50% of the toilet provision is within the main stadium. Have to assume that the players will use the changing rooms in there too? Not ideal both in terms of the walk to and from the pitch and also if there is an HIA it will take the 10 mins to get to and from the sheds!

So not ideal but a good start I think.

Are wanderers being kicked out? Whats happening with their clubhouse, its a good space and could work well as a base.

What’s happening to the clubhouse?
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Next

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum