2018/19 Kit

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

2018/19 Kit

Postby The Feral Goat on Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:52 pm

Not seen an official launch but some training kit available

https://shop.scottishrugby.org/europe/edinburgh.html

link tweeted by Scottish rugby and liked by Edinburgh rugby, thought we may have made a bit more about it given rebrand and new colours etc
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Re: 2018/19 Kit

Postby dolf_lundgren on Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:23 pm

Agree, it seems a very low key launch for something as major as a colour change. Would have thought they would make a song and dance about it.

Hopefully there is more to come. Be good to have a decent range.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:55 pm

dolf_lundgren wrote:Agree, it seems a very low key launch for something as major as a colour change. Would have thought they would make a song and dance about it.

WP and Gilcho and the rest of the pack in a kick line, backs doing Fred and Ginger, Cockers with the straw boater doing the song.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:01 am

Ive heard Cockers sing at a McLaren foundation lunch a while back, its wasn't pretty!

The boater he should go for though, part of his game day attire.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:29 am

On rugbystuff.com, there's the training top, training tee, hoody, polo shirt and zip top, all listed as being available from tomorrow. I'm wondering if that means the full kit reveal is tomorrow as well?
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:01 am

On the back of a question following the Scottish rugby tweet of the training kit, ER confirmed the kit launch will be next month in the build up to the Bath match.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:08 am

The Feral Goat wrote:On the back of a question following the Scottish rugby tweet of the training kit, ER confirmed the kit launch will be next month in the build up to the Bath match.

Cheers
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:50 pm

Really like all of it - colours work really well. Will certainly buy the t shirt.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:51 pm

Friday Knight Lights wrote:Really like all of it - colours work really well. Will certainly buy the t shirt.

I like the look of the new stuff as well. However there was still absolutely no need to move from Black and Red IMO.
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby doedin on Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:27 pm

Wottie wrote:
Friday Knight Lights wrote:Really like all of it - colours work really well. Will certainly buy the t shirt.

I like the look of the new stuff as well. However there was still absolutely no need to move from Black and Red IMO.

New kit looks fantastic, even logo makes sense now I see it on the kit.

I like the whole rebranding exercise.

Re moving from the Black and Red - the club is trying to re-energise the club both on and off the pitch and whilst the Black and Red was good colour scheme for me it is associated with years of miserable failure on the pitch. I'm happy to ditch it and the dark memories of the Bradley and Solomons era. Next year we have a new stadium, in Cockerill we have a new coach who has revamped the squad and is keen to instil a new winning mentality so lets ditch the old colour scheme and by association the poor team performance and put in place something to signify the birth of a new era for the club! Lets move on.
doedin
World Cup Star

Postby Edinburgh Shark on Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:41 pm

doedin wrote:
Wottie wrote:

Re moving from the Black and Red - the club is trying to re-energise the club both on and off the pitch and whilst the Black and Red was good colour scheme for me it is associated with years of miserable failure on the pitch. I'm happy to ditch it and the dark memories of the Bradley and Solomons era. Next year we have a new stadium, in Cockerill we have a new coach who has revamped the squad and is keen to instil a new winning mentality so lets ditch the old colour scheme and by association the poor team performance and put in place something to signify the birth of a new era for the club! Lets move on.

Couldn't agree more. Here we go with Version 2.0
Edinburgh Shark
World Cup Star

Postby GunnerRob on Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:00 am

doedin wrote:
Wottie wrote:

Does that mean this website needs to move on also?
GunnerRob
International

Postby Edinburgh Shark on Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:43 pm

GunnerRob wrote:
doedin wrote:

Yes. We've spent too long wallowing, they could have called us the Edinburgh Eeyores at the rebrand....
Edinburgh Shark
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:09 pm

Edinburgh Shark wrote:
GunnerRob wrote:
doedin wrote:

Yes. We've spent too long wallowing, they could have called us the Edinburgh Eeyores at the rebrand....

Yeah, even doedin's cheered up ffs, anyone who's still mumping their gums needs to take a long hard look at themselves
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Crichton Gunner on Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:15 pm

Come on, accept the fact that the Aussie's are right, we're all whinging Poms. We love moaning about everything. We're having a once-every-forty-years summer, and people are moaning about how hot it is, and the papers are full of rocket-science tips such as stay inside if you feel too hot and remember to drink some water. Of course we're not truly happy about having a winning team these days, not deep down. If you want happy fans, let's get shot of Cockers and bring back Bradley, and we can all get back to moaning again.
Crichton Gunner
World Cup Star

Next

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum