2018/19 Kit

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: 2018/19 Kit

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:41 pm

Don't think there's been much whining at all recently and the board seems busier so I don't think that's true.

Personally, I didn't feel any affinity with the black and red colouring - I don't think it was an identity anyway. The badge I didn't like seeing it on release but on all the kit it looks great! The colours work really well together - now I think the old badge looked a bit tinpot! Funny how it all works out.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby doedin on Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:46 pm

TBF it is a strange feeling this optimism thingy! I am sure a number of Embra supporters are, like me struggling with the concept. It has been a long time coming and we have all had to go through hard times watching the odd good display interspersed with bog awful jamesmatthew. The nadir was certainly the end of the Bradley and then the Solomon years. Some of the utterly p1sh NSQ players we had to put up with was just unbearable - Hilterbrand, Blaauw, Bezudenhoit, Yapp, Reece to name a few. However what was worst was that we all recognised the complete ineptitude of the coaching staff but had to put up with the excuses week in and week out. Solomons was the worst for this, he blamed everything apart from himself for the awful performances.

However Petrie and Cockerill have been a breath of fresh air and I dont hear any of the negative, excuse laden diatribe of years gone by. Cockerill is committed and expects everyone to be similarly committed and god help anyone who isn't. Petrie has (with the SRU help) tackled the big issues for the team and tried options for the home ground and the solution is coming. The rebranding is a real cathartic opportunity, lets agree to never again mention the likes of Bradley, Back or Solomons again! Black and Red is just a distant memory of the bad old days. This forum needs to embrace the new colours.
doedin
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:39 pm

Few of the players were outside the Huxley today doing some promo stuff, training kit looked good...although my wife kindly pointed out rambo is in 'slightly' better shape than me and that it is nice kit not miracle kit... Hmm season needs to start soon so I get my Friday evenings back.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:18 am

It would be nice if the new home top, or a t shirt or a training top could be sold as a loss leader to get the new colours out there. I just find kit, as a whole, too expensive to get until the end of season sales. Which is a shame as the stuff current out is looking good.
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:10 am

Crichton Gunner wrote:Come on, accept the fact that the Aussie's are right, we're all whinging Poms. We love moaning about everything. We're having a once-every-forty-years summer, and people are moaning about how hot it is, and the papers are full of rocket-science tips such as stay inside if you feel too hot and remember to drink some water. Of course we're not truly happy about having a winning team these days, not deep down. If you want happy fans, let's get shot of Cockers and bring back Bradley, and we can all get back to moaning again.

The Poms are specifically the English, not the British.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Crichton Gunner on Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:50 am

It was only meant as a light hearted comment. For the avoidance of doubt, I wasn't serious about bringing back Bradley :roll:
Crichton Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:20 pm

Pre-Season open day on 10 August 1700-1930pm, the new playing kit will be on show at this event.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby New Gunner on Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:15 pm

Kit launch Thursday.

Another teaser video from the club today - Home kit looks like the plain black one from 3 seasons seasons ago, simple mainly navy blue probably with orange flashes. Very promising.

Away kit looks like mainly white body with (I assume) navy across the top ‘collar bone’ line (for want of a better description), with the arms looking like they grade up from navy at the ‘sleeve’ to light orange at the shoulder. Sounds weird, but the blurred teaser shots look pretty good. We’ll know tomorrow...
New Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:43 pm

New Gunner wrote:Kit launch Thursday.

Another teaser video from the club today - Home kit looks like the plain black one from 3 seasons seasons ago, simple mainly navy blue probably with orange flashes. Very promising.

Away kit looks like mainly white body with (I assume) navy across the top ‘collar bone’ line (for want of a better description), with the arms looking like they grade up from navy at the ‘sleeve’ to light orange at the shoulder. Sounds weird, but the blurred teaser shots look pretty good. We’ll know tomorrow...

Alternative FFS this is not soccer
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:43 pm

Six o'clock is an odd time for a kit release, but so be it. Glimpses look good, macron seem to be very good when they stick to classic, clean designs, less so when they try to do something modern or fancy
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:27 pm

It's nearly good. I like it apart from the fade to burnt orange. The white one looks like a 1970s t shirt

They could play in string vests for all I care, though, as long as they win.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby gone south on Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:31 pm

Professional rugby clubs have officially moved to Home and Away kits, just like football. NG is correct GaryIPA, as is the Press Release.
gone south
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:33 pm

Will need to see them in the high tech fibres but first impressions are I really like the home kit, I think the orange is good, modern without being too in the face or overpowering.

Away/alternate don't mind the design I am not a huge fan of white strips for a sport often played in mud but nothing offensive about it.

Good job overall ER and macron.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby New Gunner on Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:35 pm

GaryIPA wrote:
New Gunner wrote:Kit launch Thursday.

Alternative FFS this is not soccer

Alternate
New Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:13 pm

Blue kit looks quite smart imo. I have options about what to spend my money on now, given the hoodie looks pretty good too. Will see them in the flesh tomorrow and then decide.
biffer
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum