Montpellier v Edinburgh Sat 13th BT Sport 3 @ 1500

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Montpellier v Edinburgh Sat 13th BT Sport 3 @ 1500

Postby The Feral Goat on Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:41 am

We have liked to have been going to this one.

Potentially the hardest match to start the campaign.

Believe Montpellier struggling at 10 with both Cruden and Goosen injured.

Not sure what constitutes success in this match we certainly go in as underdogs. Would like to see a good aggressive 80min performance and if we get any points out of the match that is a bonus.

If we are still in the match with 15-20 to go I would like to think fitness may be a factor and we finish the stronger team but I am not sure the fitness gap will be as much a factor as some of the press are reporting.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Re: Montpellier v Edinburgh Sat 13th BT Sport 3 @ 1500

Postby Wottie on Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:46 am

LBP would be a great result. Looking forward to the trip, although it looks like it's going to be TonySpreadbury it down this week based on the long range forecasts. That isn't going to helps us very much against the French teams.
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:37 am

DVDM only 50:50 to make match due to knee injury picked up v cheetahs.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:09 am

I expect a Montpellier win, big pack will grind us down and L
Pienaar will keep the scoreboard ticking.

Expect Cockers to pick the biggest pack possible, I'd start Ritchie or Hamilton as a bit of dog rather than Mata and Bradbury who are more carriers.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby Ron on Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:49 pm

For those travelling.

MONTPELLIER LUNCH

12.00 for 12.30 for drinks at the stadium but no problem for latecomers.

An extract from one of their emails: “The Clapas Cistes ( Montpellier Supporters ) will guide you for a very convivial moment Aperitif with beers magic potion Clapas Cistes then the paella, dessert, then coffee and on the way to the stadium for a good match.”

It doesn’t quite work out with the charter transfer timings but we're trying to contact Thos Cook to try and arrange an alternative. Even if that’s not possible please just get to the lunch independently, have fun, and represent our club.

Check out the U tube film clips for Les Clapas Cistes.

Hello Ron.
Rendez vous therefore at 12:30 precise on the forecourt of the stadium if fans arrive before it is great also they can start the aperitif in advance and taste the magic potion of the South of France :D :D :D For the animation we are responsible for the arrival of the players by busdance songs in which you will participate.see on You Tube The Clapas Cistes you will see a little bit :D

Vive notre amitié rugbistique
Ron
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:25 am

Sounds like you are in line for a good welcome, wish I was able to go!

Cockers is doing the right thing in his interviews, taking pressure off the players. On paper we really dont have a hope and we probably dont. We have very little to lose in this game, LBP would be a very good result. It sounds defeatist but we are not really in a position to even think about getting out of the group. What we have to do this year is keep things respectable and prove we can compete, hopefully we can then move forwards in the future to pushing harder.

A good chance for young players like Bradbury, Kinghorn and Toolis to really make a name for themselves here.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby Ron on Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:57 pm

MEETING PLACE FOR SUPPORTERS IN MONTPELLIER

Thanks again for considering O’Carolans Pub for a meeting place for the Edinburgh Rugby Supporters club on Saturday 13th of October. We have a very strong tradition of Rugby here at O’Carolans and we have hosted in the past OLSC/Munster, Exeter Chiefs Supporters and Glasgow Warriors amount others in the past. We can offer The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club exclusive discounts on most beverages including pints, standard alcohols & mixes from 10 to 20 percent off normal prices. In practical terms you will have your own button on the till and all supporters will automatically receive the special rates directly at the bar when they produce their supporters card.

Some info on O’Carolans Irish Pub

We are a large family run bar in the historical center of Montpellier in the Carré Saint Anne established since1997. A two minute walk away from the tram station Peyrou Arc de Triomphe. We are used to holding full house Rugby/football events. The bar is approximately 160 m2 or 524 squared foot. It’s made up of two bars and four distinctive areas. The bar has been completely renovated over the last two years in keeping with our traditions over the last past 20 years. We also have a large terrace on the place with a beautiful fountain in the middle. Our terrace capacity is 90/100 places.

1) We can offers you a price of 6 euros on all pint beers 50cl, with the exception of Kronenbourg at 5 euros. The mixers, gin, vodka etc at 6,50 euros.

Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club prices for the weekend -

Product Edinburgh Rugby Club O'Carolans

1) Kronenbourg Pints 50cl 5 euros 6,30 euros

2) Guinness/Kilkenny pints 50cl 6 euros 7,40 euros

3) Carlsberg/Grim Blanche/Grim rouge 6 euros 7,50 - 7,70 euros
Magners Cider.

4) Local craft beers larger/ale 6 euros 7,20-7,30 euros

5) Standard mixers, Gin, Vodka etc 4cl 6,50 euros 7,50 euros.

2) Hours of opening.

We are normally open from 12h till 1am ever day. For the Saturday we shall be opening earlier for pre match drinks.

3)Tv’s

We have four TV’s. Three of which are Samsung curved screens, which were recently updated for the World Cup . We have RMC Sports, BeINSports/Canal +/Rugby +/Foot +/BT sports/ Sky. We will have a full schedule of rugby matches shown on multiple screens for that weekend.

4) We don’t do food, but we have a range of bar snakes including toasties, crisps etc We do however have lots of restaurants beside us who can cater to everyone’s needs, from sandwiches, to traditional French food.
5) Wifi. We have full wifi access, which will be made available to all of the supportes. We also have a pool table along with a darts board.

6) Directions we are off rue Foch (Arc de Triumph) as you get to Eden Park shop (Rugby clothes) down Rue de petit Scel and right in the middle of the Carrie Saint Anne square.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/O'Car ... 4d3.874472

For directions, plans of Montpellier etc. I shall be at hand with my team at all times.

If you need any further info or help give me a call at any stage or send an email.

Best regards

Gareth Holmes

0033 603754671.

O’Carolans Irish Pub
5 Rue de Petit Scel
Carré Saint Anne, Montpellier. 0033 603754671

http://www.ocarolansirishpub.com

https://www.facebook.com/OCarolans.Irish.Pub/ https://www.tripadvisor.fr/Attraction_R ... Irish_Pub- Montpellier_Herault_Occitanie.html

O’Carolans Irish Pub
Carrie Saint Anne
5 rue de Petit Scel
Montpellier

0033 467609818

null

null
null
Ron
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:08 pm

dolf_lundgren wrote:A good chance for young players like Bradbury, Kinghorn and Toolis to really make a name for themselves here.

I would add Ritchie into that group as well.

I can see Mata being one of the stars of the group stage, but I fear that if he is it leads to wallets being opened and him being Nakarawa'd out before the end of his contract.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:40 pm

yes if Mata keeps up his form he will be sought after, if he isnt already.

DVDM will be the same. But we have to accept that, far better that than players we cant get rid of. Just makes it harder to keep identifying them and bringing them in. Playing in the big biys cup enhances our chances of getting good young players as they know they will be seen.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:47 pm

dolf_lundgren wrote:yes if Mata keeps up his form he will be sought after, if he isnt already.

DVDM will be the same. But we have to accept that, far better that than players we cant get rid of. Just makes it harder to keep identifying them and bringing them in. Playing in the big biys cup enhances our chances of getting good young players as they know they will be seen.

Could easily see Mata being bought out his contract as Naka was.

Duhan wants to play for Scotland so more likely to stay. Unless he's so good SA call him up I guess.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:07 pm

True, although priorities can change when there is a big $ sign in front of your eyes. Did big Brian not say something similar when he joined Glasgow?

In the back row we have good quality youngsters so not too much of a worry, we do lack something different on the wings though, as much as I like Hoyland, Fife and Brown they are good squad players but lacking for the big games.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:13 pm

South Africa are very strong on the wings, they won’t need to call up vdM. Mata won’t be bought out of his contract, they won’t make a move for him this season, next year is when the rumours of huge money being offered to him will surface, he will be available to sign for free as from May 2020.

Obviously I’d like to keep him and hope the SRU can come to some arrangement, but for now he is an Edinburgh player and I’m looking forward to seeing what he can do for us this season
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:36 pm

Tichtheid wrote:South Africa are very strong on the wings, they won’t need to call up vdM. Mata won’t be bought out of his contract, they won’t make a move for him this season, next year is when the rumours of huge money being offered to him will surface, he will be available to sign for free as from May 2020.

Obviously I’d like to keep him and hope the SRU can come to some arrangement, but for now he is an Edinburgh player and I’m looking forward to seeing what he can do for us this season

My worry with Mata will be from this time onwards next season - easy to see someone buying him out of the remainder of his contract as injury replacement plus another year, or something like that, like happened with Denton.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:38 pm

Ron wrote:MEETING PLACE FOR SUPPORTERS IN MONTPELLIER

Thanks again for considering O’Carolans Pub for a meeting place for the Edinburgh Rugby Supporters club on Saturday 13th of October. We have a very strong tradition of Rugby here at O’Carolans and we have hosted in the past OLSC/Munster, Exeter Chiefs Supporters and Glasgow Warriors amount others in the past. We can offer The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club exclusive discounts on most beverages including pints, standard alcohols & mixes from 10 to 20 percent off normal prices. In practical terms you will have your own button on the till and all supporters will automatically receive the special rates directly at the bar when they produce their supporters card.

Some info on O’Carolans Irish Pub

We are a large family run bar in the historical center of Montpellier in the Carré Saint Anne established since1997. A two minute walk away from the tram station Peyrou Arc de Triomphe. We are used to holding full house Rugby/football events. The bar is approximately 160 m2 or 524 squared foot. It’s made up of two bars and four distinctive areas. The bar has been completely renovated over the last two years in keeping with our traditions over the last past 20 years. We also have a large terrace on the place with a beautiful fountain in the middle. Our terrace capacity is 90/100 places.

1) We can offers you a price of 6 euros on all pint beers 50cl, with the exception of Kronenbourg at 5 euros. The mixers, gin, vodka etc at 6,50 euros.

Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club prices for the weekend -

Product Edinburgh Rugby Club O'Carolans

1) Kronenbourg Pints 50cl 5 euros 6,30 euros

2) Guinness/Kilkenny pints 50cl 6 euros 7,40 euros

3) Carlsberg/Grim Blanche/Grim rouge 6 euros 7,50 - 7,70 euros
Magners Cider.

4) Local craft beers larger/ale 6 euros 7,20-7,30 euros

5) Standard mixers, Gin, Vodka etc 4cl 6,50 euros 7,50 euros.

2) Hours of opening.

We are normally open from 12h till 1am ever day. For the Saturday we shall be opening earlier for pre match drinks.

3)Tv’s

We have four TV’s. Three of which are Samsung curved screens, which were recently updated for the World Cup . We have RMC Sports, BeINSports/Canal +/Rugby +/Foot +/BT sports/ Sky. We will have a full schedule of rugby matches shown on multiple screens for that weekend.

4) We don’t do food, but we have a range of bar snakes including toasties, crisps etc We do however have lots of restaurants beside us who can cater to everyone’s needs, from sandwiches, to traditional French food.
5) Wifi. We have full wifi access, which will be made available to all of the supportes. We also have a pool table along with a darts board.

6) Directions we are off rue Foch (Arc de Triumph) as you get to Eden Park shop (Rugby clothes) down Rue de petit Scel and right in the middle of the Carrie Saint Anne square.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/O'Car ... 4d3.874472

For directions, plans of Montpellier etc. I shall be at hand with my team at all times.

If you need any further info or help give me a call at any stage or send an email.

Best regards

Gareth Holmes

0033 603754671.

O’Carolans Irish Pub
5 Rue de Petit Scel
Carré Saint Anne, Montpellier. 0033 603754671

https://www.facebook.com/OCarolans.Irish.Pub/ https://www.tripadvisor.fr/Attraction_R ... Irish_Pub- Montpellier_Herault_Occitanie.html

O’Carolans Irish Pub
Carrie Saint Anne
5 rue de Petit Scel
Montpellier

0033 467609818

null

null
null

I'm looking forward to the bar snakes.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:31 pm

Nadola out as well now for montpellier adds to Cruden, Goosen, nagusa, Steyn and Camara.

Still a huge amount of talent available to big vern though.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Next

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum