Toulon - Champions Cup

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Toulon - Champions Cup

Postby Pitfitter446 on Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:17 pm

BruceLee wrote:.Incidentally,for the stay at home supporters,are any of you watching it at the Huxley?



Going to be over in Edinburgh Saturday for lunch, may suggest this to the company and see if the others are interested. Better than the local snooker club.
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:16 pm
Location: Kingdom of Fife.

Re: Toulon - Champions Cup

Postby BruceLee on Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:57 am

Pitfitter446 wrote:
BruceLee wrote:.Incidentally,for the stay at home supporters,are any of you watching it at the Huxley?



Going to be over in Edinburgh Saturday for lunch, may suggest this to the company and see if the others are interested. Better than the local snooker club.

Yeh it is such an important game,feel sitting watching on the TV wont do it the justice it deserves.Have a good feeling about this one,the 23 players going out are as good collectively as ive seen at Edinburgh in nearly 18 years,so if we are going to put a team of their ilk to the sword,Saturday should be that day.Come on Edinburgh we can do this.
BruceLee
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 809
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Toulon - Champions Cup

Postby EWT spoons on Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:59 am

It's just a shame Huxley is so bad for watching sport.
EWT spoons
International
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:00 pm

Re: Toulon - Champions Cup

Postby BruceLee on Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:46 pm

EWT spoons wrote:It's just a shame Huxley is so bad for watching sport.

Thats a pity,probably pop into one of the Irish bars,obviously check what games they are showing.
BruceLee
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 809
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Toulon - Champions Cup

Postby Croft_No.6 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:15 pm

Au Bar along Shandwick place usually shows games or Teuchters, all west end
Croft_No.6
Embra Debut
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:48 am

Re: Toulon - Champions Cup

Postby BruceLee on Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:24 pm

Croft_No.6 wrote:Au Bar along Shandwick place usually shows games or Teuchters, all west end

Cheers.
BruceLee
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 809
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Toulon - Champions Cup

Postby STKS on Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:31 pm

Way back when the pools were announced I put £1 on Edinburgh to win the pool. If they do then i get £14 back, kicking myself that I didn't do more. Just put £10 down on Edinburgh to win this weekend at 6/4 - £25 return. Fingers crossed.
STKS
International
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:31 am

Re: Toulon - Champions Cup

Postby disco on Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:10 am

I've taken a run through all of this weekend's fixtures to see which results would be most favourable for getting both Scottish teams into the Champions Cup quarter finals:

https://wp.me/p68WtH-89j

It is possible that both teams could seal qualification by teatime on Sunday. That's heavily contingent on Montpellier losing at home to Newcastle though so it's more likely we'll need to wait for the final round for things to completely pan out!
disco
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 861
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:38 pm

Re: Toulon - Champions Cup

Postby The Feral Goat on Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:40 am

What happens if say we beat Toulon but Montpellier win the next two games (no TBPs or LBPs) and we both end up on 19 points, what decides who tops group?
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 2050
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:55 am

Re: Toulon - Champions Cup

Postby Tichtheid on Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:33 am

The Feral Goat wrote:What happens if say we beat Toulon but Montpellier win the next two games (no TBPs or LBPs) and we both end up on 19 points, what decides who tops group?



Montpellier would be group winners as it is decided on the number of points in the games between us and them

b) If two clubs in the same pool are equal on match points at the end of the pool stage, their ranking will be determined by the results of the two matches played between the relevant clubs as follows:
(i) the club with the greater number of match points from the two matches; or
(ii) if equal, the club with the best aggregate points difference from the two matches; or
(iii) if equal, the club that scored the most tries in the two matches.

(c) If ranking remains unresolved and/or if clubs have not played each other previously in the pool stage, qualification/ranking will be determined as follows:
(i) the best aggregate points difference from the pool stage; or
(ii) if equal, the number of tries scored in the pool stage; or
(iii) if equal, the club with the fewest number of players suspended under Disciplinary Rules in the pool stage; or
(iv) if unresolved, by drawing lots.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 1994
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:51 pm
Location: Alba Bheag

Re: Toulon - Champions Cup

Postby Tichtheid on Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:34 am

disco wrote:I've taken a run through all of this weekend's fixtures to see which results would be most favourable for getting both Scottish teams into the Champions Cup quarter finals:

https://wp.me/p68WtH-89j

It is possible that both teams could seal qualification by teatime on Sunday. That's heavily contingent on Montpellier losing at home to Newcastle though so it's more likely we'll need to wait for the final round for things to completely pan out!



Good work Disco

Mon Glaws!
Tichtheid
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 1994
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:51 pm
Location: Alba Bheag

Re: Toulon - Champions Cup

Postby Frenchy on Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:12 pm

15. Blair Kinghorn (75)
14. Darcy Graham (16)
13. James Johnstone (32)
12. Chris Dean (78)
11. Duhan van der Merwe (32)
10. Jaco van der Walt (29)
9. Henry Pyrgos (14)

1. Pierre Schoeman (12)
2. Stuart McInally (131) CAPTAIN
3. WP Nel (126)
4. Ben Toolis (101)
5. Grant Gilchrist (131)
6. Jamie Ritchie (59)
7. Hamish Watson (92)
8. Viliame Mata (50)

Replacements: 16. David Cherry (10); 17. Allan Dell (55); 18. Simon Berghan (60); 19. Fraser McKenzie (106); 20. Luke Crosbie (20); 21. Nathan Fowles (67); 22. Simon Hickey (14); 23. Juan Pablo Socino (13)

Absolutely no surprises in there.
Frenchy
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 1352
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:35 pm

Re: Toulon - Champions Cup

Postby Tichtheid on Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:33 pm

15 M. Smaili, 14 J. Pietersen, 13 M. Bastareaud, 12 F. Trinh-Duc, 11 J. Savea, 10 A.Belleau, 9 R. Webb

1 J. Gros, 2 G.Guirado, 3 E. Setiano, 4 J. Kruger, 5 R. Taofifenua, 6 S. Onambele Mbarga 7 F. Isa 8 R. Lakafia

16 A. Etrillard, 17 X. Chiocci, 18 M. Van Der Merwe, 19 J. Monribot, 20 L. Carbonel, 21 A. Zeghdar, 22 Y. Cottin,
23 M. Gorgodze


piece of TonySpreadbury
Tichtheid
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 1994
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:51 pm
Location: Alba Bheag

Re: Toulon - Champions Cup

Postby The Feral Goat on Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:36 pm

Watson v Isa could be good entertainment

Looking forward to this, a fast start would be really helpful get the crowd on their back.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 2050
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:55 am

Re: Toulon - Champions Cup

Postby joe soap on Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:41 pm

Tichtheid wrote:15 M. Smaili, 14 J. Pietersen, 13 M. Bastareaud, 12 F. Trinh-Duc, 11 J. Savea, 10 A.Belleau, 9 R. Webb

1 J. Gros, 2 G.Guirado, 3 E. Setiano, 4 J. Kruger, 5 R. Taofifenua, 6 S. Onambele Mbarga 7 F. Isa 8 R. Lakafia

16 A. Etrillard, 17 X. Chiocci, 18 M. Van Der Merwe, 19 J. Monribot, 20 L. Carbonel, 21 A. Zeghdar, 22 Y. Cottin,
23 M. Gorgodze


piece of TonySpreadbury


not quite, but very beatable. Very.
joe soap
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 876
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:23 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 10 guests