Toulon - Champions Cup

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Toulon - Champions Cup

Postby Tichtheid on Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:14 pm

I've just noticed that Rory Sutherland is back on the injured list, the laddie's had terrible luck - any ideas as to the nature of the injury?

Edit - also noticed that Wayne Barnes is on the whistle - he owes us a decent performance after a couple of howlers in Montpellier, not asking for favours, just for him to referee what actually happens on the park.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 1932
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:51 pm
Location: Alba Bheag

Re: Toulon - Champions Cup

Postby The Feral Goat on Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:44 pm

Tichtheid wrote:I've just noticed that Rory Sutherland is back on the injured list, the laddie's had terrible luck - any ideas as to the nature of the injury?

Edit - also noticed that Wayne Barnes is on the whistle - he owes us a decent performance after a couple of howlers in Montpellier, not asking for favours, just for him to referee what actually happens on the park.


Sutherland like he took a sore one scoring his try and needed treatment, cant recall when he was subbed off though, sure he came out 2nd half.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 2018
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:55 am

Re: Toulon - Champions Cup

Postby royc on Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:32 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:
Tichtheid wrote:I've just noticed that Rory Sutherland is back on the injured list, the laddie's had terrible luck - any ideas as to the nature of the injury?

Edit - also noticed that Wayne Barnes is on the whistle - he owes us a decent performance after a couple of howlers in Montpellier, not asking for favours, just for him to referee what actually happens on the park.


Sutherland like he took a sore one scoring his try and needed treatment, cant recall when he was subbed off though, sure he came out 2nd half.


He played 70 minutes before being replaced by Schoeman.
royc
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 443
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 8:52 pm

Re: Toulon - Champions Cup

Postby disco on Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:24 pm

Tichtheid wrote:15 M. Smaili, 14 J. Pietersen, 13 M. Bastareaud, 12 F. Trinh-Duc, 11 J. Savea, 10 A.Belleau, 9 R. Webb

1 J. Gros, 2 G.Guirado, 3 E. Setiano, 4 J. Kruger, 5 R. Taofifenua, 6 S. Onambele Mbarga 7 F. Isa 8 R. Lakafia

16 A. Etrillard, 17 X. Chiocci, 18 M. Van Der Merwe, 19 J. Monribot, 20 L. Carbonel, 21 A. Zeghdar, 22 Y. Cottin,
23 M. Gorgodze


piece of TonySpreadbury

No Big Brian? Edinburgh by 20!
disco
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 852
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:38 pm

Re: Toulon - Champions Cup

Postby The Feral Goat on Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:13 pm

Paddy Power giving worst odds ever Alex Toolis! only 10/1 to score a try tomorrow but we do appear to have signed schoemans brother pietro!

https://www.paddypower.com/rugby-union/ ... h-29072992
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 2018
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:55 am

Re: Toulon - Champions Cup

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:42 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:Paddy Power giving worst odds ever Alex Toolis! only 10/1 to score a try tomorrow but we do appear to have signed schoemans brother pietro!

https://www.paddypower.com/rugby-union/ ... h-29072992


Watch out for James Johntone too!

Imagine two years ago you're told in a Champions Cup match in Toulon we're prices 7/5!
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 1903
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:44 pm

Re: Toulon - Champions Cup

Postby The Feral Goat on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:47 pm

Messrs Ritchie and Graham take a bow, really nice finish
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 2018
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:55 am

Re: Toulon - Champions Cup

Postby Tichtheid on Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:16 pm

We can do this, just need a bit more accuracy
Tichtheid
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 1932
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:51 pm
Location: Alba Bheag

Re: Toulon - Champions Cup

Postby The Feral Goat on Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:16 pm

Got to get Duhan running at savea who does not look interested and test the full back who looks iffy.

Forwards may be our strength but backline is their weakness
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 2018
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:55 am

Re: Toulon - Champions Cup

Postby New Gunner on Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:19 pm

The boys are fronting up well, looked ropey first few minutes but 60%+ territory and possession. Discipline and accuracy costing us, we should be ahead but have to show more composure in the 22. Hopefully Toulon will tire in the last 20.

Scott Hastings referring to yellow jacket protests as ‘anti-government activations’ was a buffoonery highlight...
New Gunner
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: Toulon - Champions Cup

Postby The Feral Goat on Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:28 pm

New Gunner wrote:Scott Hastings referring to yellow jacket protests as ‘anti-government activations’ was a buffoonery highlight...


Yeah sounded like he started to talk about it then realised mid-sentence he knew LawrenceBryce all about it, much like his rugby commentary.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 2018
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:55 am

Re: Toulon - Champions Cup

Postby The Feral Goat on Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:49 pm

Got to get some points from all this territory
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 2018
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:55 am

Re: Toulon - Champions Cup

Postby Frenchy on Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:50 pm

Graham smashed Bastereaud there.
Haven't noticed Savea.

Nadolo's looking for a way out as we speak.
Frenchy
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 1347
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:35 pm

Re: Toulon - Champions Cup

Postby Frenchy on Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:59 pm

What on Earth was that?
Frenchy
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 1347
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:35 pm

Re: Toulon - Champions Cup

Postby GaryIPA on Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:00 pm

Try of the season
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 4294
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 10:00 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests