Exeter Chiefs chop and imagery

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Exeter Chiefs chop and imagery

Postby biffer on Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:40 am

Pitfitter446 wrote:Nicola would have us believe so.

Deflection on your part.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby BigD163 on Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:31 am

The Chiel wrote:Well, I'm "unwoke" enough to believe this isn't actually the worst thing in the world, but I'm simply astonished Tony Rowe can't see the way the tide is flowing and move right away from the American Indian elements of his marketing.

Expect the social media pressure on Exeter to now be massively increased, and probably a Boris style u turn at some point.

I am of a similar view.

Presumably there wasn't enough noise from their fans and sponsors to make the change.

Make no mistake, the only reason the Redskins are changing their name is because Fedex and major sponsors threatened to pull out.
BigD163
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:47 pm

biffer wrote:

Deflection on your part.

Perhaps, my question meant, when/if all the fans of Exeter drop the native North American references, where will the objectors aim next, how many of the current objectors are in fact of Native American descent, where does it stop?
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:16 pm

BigD163 wrote:
Presumably there wasn't enough noise from their fans and sponsors to make the change.

Make no mistake, the only reason the Redskins are changing their name is because Fedex and major sponsors threatened to pull out.

Exeter's owner and chairman is Tony Rowe. Their main sponsor now is SW Comms, founded by and run by Tony Rowe.

he will run out of friends soon enough.

And I hope the days of players pleading is nothing to do with me (Lions Tourists, apartheid) are long gone. Players are going to cop some sideways flak as well, put in the firing line by Rowe
joe soap
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:18 pm

Pitfitter446 wrote:
biffer wrote:

Deflection on your part.

Perhaps, my question meant, when/if all the fans of Exeter drop the native North American references, where will the objectors aim next, how many of the current objectors are in fact of Native American descent, where does it stop?

I hope it doesn't stop until this sort of deflection and stupidity does.
joe soap
World Cup Star

Previous

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum