Season ticket renewals

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Season ticket renewals

Postby artie fufkin on Thu May 26, 2022 6:35 pm

Friday 27th is the beginning of renewals with a slight increase across the board. There is an option for upgrades in a few weeks then once thats confirmed it will be opened to Castle club, then new members. After this season, it is a bit of a no brainer and no doubt we will see another increase in members for 2022/23
artie fufkin
World Cup Star

Re: Season ticket renewals

Postby Martin Bell on Thu May 26, 2022 7:08 pm

I am probably missing something, but the new structure - a Category for 15 and under and another category for age 17 and over - seems to be based on the assumption that no-one in the Embra tifosi is aged 16! That seems quite bold to me.Pricing for adults looks fair, but the uplift for some young folk is pretty aggressive, especially given current cost of living.
Proud former sponsor of McKane legend @m4gnet_ and future Glasgow legend Rory Darge and current sponsor of @Muncaster_Ben
#lovinthescrummin
Martin Bell
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Thu May 26, 2022 9:38 pm

Our silver seats up 20% v last year still decent value I think at £299, we have enjoyed some cracking rugby this season in the DAM, hopefully more of the same next season.

Wee bit disappointed but not surprised to see our 1872 leg is listed as at Murrayfield, would love to have one in the DAM.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Le Jock Sportif on Fri May 27, 2022 8:16 am

Martin Bell wrote:I am probably missing something, but the new structure - a Category for 15 and under and another category for age 17 and over - seems to be based on the assumption that no-one in the Embra tifosi is aged 16! That seems quite bold to me.Pricing for adults looks fair, but the uplift for some young folk is pretty aggressive, especially given current cost of living.

Bon jovi tutti. Been looking in to see what the views on all this are.

Marty (how are you, vieux fruit?), isn't that what the Burgh Juniors memberships are for (15 and under)? I might be missing something, though. Edited: I see what you mean now!

I (belatedly) got the one ticket last season (work situation made it complicated), would now like to upgrade to a better category AND add another one for Mme Sportif/les enfants Sportifs. But it seems I can only renew my own (not add another) at this stage and then apply for that to be upgraded. But that doesn't help with the additional ticket I want, which it seems I have to wait to purchase in the general sale, meaning the two can't (or are highly unlikely to) be next to each other. Correct?

So, it feels like I either renew my existing ticket, wait until general sale and hope there's another ticket in the same area (it's terracing so there may well be) and put up with staying put for next season. Or, I don't renew and take my chance in the general sale in order to get two together, but I'm guessing I may not get the area I want that way. Or am I waaaay off?

Cheers.

Edited: seems like you can renew already, so I am probably just gonna go with the former option. Thought it was from 10am, but looks doable now.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not what you understand.
Le Jock Sportif
World Cup Star

Postby Croft_No.6 on Fri May 27, 2022 10:12 am

I suggest that you call the ticket office. They are always pretty helpful and if there is a way to get you what you want then they will manage that.
Croft_No.6
International

Postby Le Jock Sportif on Fri May 27, 2022 10:38 am

Croft_No.6 wrote:I suggest that you call the ticket office. They are always pretty helpful and if there is a way to get you what you want then they will manage that.

Thanks.
Le Jock Sportif
World Cup Star

Postby Martin Bell on Sat May 28, 2022 8:39 am

Great to see you back! Hope you're sorted now. I'll be looking out for you from the Gold seats!
Proud former sponsor of McKane legend @m4gnet_ and future Glasgow legend Rory Darge and current sponsor of @Muncaster_Ben
#lovinthescrummin
Martin Bell
World Cup Star

Postby Le Jock Sportif on Sat May 28, 2022 5:40 pm

Martin Bell wrote:Great to see you back! Hope you're sorted now. I'll be looking out for you from the Gold seats!

Cheers. Yes, do wave to us from your box :D
Le Jock Sportif
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Sat May 28, 2022 7:08 pm

I jumped in and renewed ours, didn’t check prices just that they were ours, now I find that we no longer have our oldies concession but charged full price, phone call Monday then, too blooming trusting.
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Sat May 28, 2022 10:16 pm

Nearly did that too, the website isn’t great. Seems to assume all tickets are full price then gives re option in a drop down box when you confirm the tickets.

That’s after it’s made very difficult to find the tickets available in the first place, lots about the awards dinner but a tiny red dot up the top for renewals.

Can see how people get frustrated, although thankfully the ticket office seem pretty good at sorting things out.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Mon May 30, 2022 1:40 pm

Sorted my mistakes this morning 35 minutes on hold and 3 minutes to rectify when connected, staff don’t get enough thanks.
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby Frenchy on Mon May 30, 2022 7:07 pm

Allan Dell leaving London Irish. Also mentions that their Scottish scrum half Rory Brand is moving to Watsonians.

https://www.london-irish.com/news/londo ... ed/bp3565/
Frenchy
World Cup Star

Postby robdinsdale on Mon May 30, 2022 7:47 pm

Frenchy wrote:Allan Dell leaving London Irish. Also mentions that their Scottish scrum half Rory Brand is moving to Watsonians.

https://www.london-irish.com/news/londo ... ed/bp3565/

Dell is apparently going to the Weej.
robdinsdale
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Mon May 30, 2022 8:33 pm

No mention of Kyle Rowe either, who was rumoured to be coming back.

Randomly Hearts are looking to sign an Aussie called Kye Rowles, I wonder if a journalist has heard something and got crossed wireS?
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby robdinsdale on Mon May 30, 2022 8:41 pm

dolf_lundgren wrote:No mention of Kyle Rowe either, who was rumoured to be coming back.

Randomly Hearts are looking to sign an Aussie called Kye Rowles, I wonder if a journalist has heard something and got crossed wireS?

I went and had a look at the London Irish forums for those rumours about Kyle Rowe and the day it was supposed to be announced was the day we actually announced Goosen. I would have thought it would be better for Scotland for him to stay down south when he is getting decent game time in the GP and we are reasonably well fixed in the back 3, but I am also often wrong.
robdinsdale
World Cup Star

Next

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum