Fans Event & AGM

Jokes, Prediction corner & Sounds

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Fans Event & AGM

Postby Cammo Gunner on Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:00 am

ERSC & ER will be holding the rescheduled 'Fans Event' on Monday the 2nd of May from 7pm in the Smith & Wallace Suite at Murrayfiled.

There will be a 'show & tell' from the fitness & video analysis team. There will also be an opportunity to ask the coaches questions too.

There will then be a short interval for tea & coffee.

We will then move on to the Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club Annual General Meeting.

It is critical for the survival of ERSC that as many members attend as possible.

There are a number of offices up for election this year including Chairman.

Also ERSC are looking for members to take on a couple of non-office roles within the commitee - Organising televised away fixture venues & administrating/moderating the forum & main website pages.

As we all volunteer to help run the Supporters club, any help is greatly appreciated.

ERSC - Run by Supporters for Supporters
Cammo Gunner
World Cup Star

Re: Fans Event & AGM

Postby Cammo Gunner on Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:28 pm

skovdahl79 wrote:Who are the member of ERSC?

Any/All Edinburgh supporters who have either signed up to use main Website pages &/or the forum (It is possible for a non-Edinburgh fan to be a member - within the restrictions of the constitution) are deemed to be members of ERSC.

I'll be posting a copy of the constitution shortly for all to read.
Cammo Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby Jints on Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:16 pm

I'm hoping to get along to this, but I don't know Murrayfield that well; can someone describe where this particular suite is so that I know where I'll be going? I don't want to miss any of it! Thanks!
Jints
Embra Debut

Postby Loops on Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:47 pm

skovdahl, I'm not on the committee any more, but I'll try to respond to your question.

In the past, all Season Ticket holders were eligible to be ERSC members, but they had to fill out a separate form with their details (name and e-mail address / postal address). Anyone else was welcome to pick up a form at the Supporters' Club table in the main supporters area, or they could apply on-line, and Membership entitled people to buy tickets for events organised by ERSC, gave them first refusal for booking seats on any buses to away matches, and they could buy tickets for any events arranged, such as the Forum, Cheese and Wine/Quiz Night, Ceilidh, End-of-Season do, etc., and a monthly E-Zine.

There was no need to opt-out, as it was something that you chose to opt into.
'I detest your opinion but I will defend to the death your right to express it.' Voltaire.

Spectating is a participatory sport.

'No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.' Eleanor Roosevelt.
Loops
World Cup Star

Postby Loops on Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:57 am

Skovdhal, is there something that worries you about being a member?
'I detest your opinion but I will defend to the death your right to express it.' Voltaire.

Loops
World Cup Star

Postby Loops on Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:19 pm

ronan wrote:Just to expand a little on what "oops said. We no longer require people to fill in forms. At the supporters club table to become a member. Simply by signing up to the website and to use this forum you area member of edinburgh rugby supporters club. Should you wish to opt out of being a member and using the website please let one of us on the committee know and we will remove your name from the list

ronan, was the change in signing up made for a specific reason, like lack of people to administer it? The reason I ask is in the past the vast majority of supporters, both ST and non-ST, did not use the website, and it means that we are losing contact with a big number of people at a time ER needs all the supporters it can get. Getting peoples' e-mail addresses meant it was easy (and cheap) to keep them up to date with what is happening. In fact, ERSC had a much better mailing list than ER did at the time I was on the committee, and we'd contacted as many people as possible to request their permission to pass those details on to Nic and ER.

Loops
World Cup Star

Postby Loops on Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:05 pm

Thanks anyway ronan.

Loops
World Cup Star

Postby Loops on Tue May 03, 2011 2:41 pm

I'd like to say thanks to the people who organised last night's Event. The 3 guys talking about the physio and conditioning of the players, and the stats analysis were very interesting - it's just a shame there were so few supporters there. ( Really enjoyed the sandwiches too!)

I find it strange though that so few supporters turned up. My own feeling is that the only way we can influence what happens in Scottish Rugby in the future is to show a united front.

Loops
World Cup Star

Postby chappo on Mon May 09, 2011 1:15 pm

I'd have been there Loops had I not been taking in the views of Venice! Am I too late to get stuck in!?
"La claque est immense!"
chappo
World Cup Star

Postby Loops on Mon May 09, 2011 11:07 pm

chappo wrote:I'd have been there Loops had I not been taking in the views of Venice! Am I too late to get stuck in!?

Just back from Venice myself! If you wanted to volunteer for the Committee, Ronan's the Chairman now, and I'm sure he'd welcome more hands to the pump!

Loops
World Cup Star

Return to Fun & Games