So, Independence eh

All non-rugby chat. Includes posts from the old social and fun&games forums.

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

So, Independence eh

Postby biffer on Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:47 pm

Not been a topic on it yet. Views?

Edinburgh is coming over as the most no-leaning city according to the polling (although I'm not at all sure the polls can be considered accurate given their performance at the last Scottish Election and the fact that the turnout will likely include a much higher proportion of the young and poor than at elections). Bit odd considering it's where the devolved administration sits, but it is a much more mixed city, with so many non-Scots here.

Cards on the table - I'm all in favour and will be voting yes. Fed up of economic policy being set for the city and our industries being sidelined, appaled by the veer to the right in UK politics (UKIP, Tories, Labour all keep heading further that way), disgusted by the immigrants rhetoric all parties play to. I'd rather aspire to be like the Belgiums, Denmarks and Finlands of the world - more social mobility, social democracies that seem to put citizens first and are less concerned with clinging on to membership of the nuclear club and a seat on the security council.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Re: So, Independence eh

Postby Frenchy on Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:53 pm

You've pretty much covered my own reasons for voting Yes :)
Frenchy
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:09 pm

:thumbup:
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby grg on Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:21 pm

Regardless of your politics and opinions - I am genuinely astonished that former rugby players have said these things - it's a quite disgusting article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... aimed.html

Munro is a disgrace.
grg
International

Postby Frenchy on Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:12 am

Link to read the article without visiting the Mail website: https://archive.today/ux26m

SteveWalsh article, completely moronic. They've even managed to crowbar in the age difference between Alex Salmond and his wife.
Frenchy
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:49 pm

grg wrote:Regardless of your politics and opinions - I am genuinely astonished that former rugby players have said these things - it's a quite disgusting article.

Munro is a disgrace.

Yep. It's incredibly dangerous to jump to an opinion like that - they may have tried for years and not be able to have kids and some fat idiot says it makes you unworthy of being a politician.

Narrow minded idiocy - and some opinionated soccer fans would say, a typical boorish rugby type.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby zt1903 on Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:04 pm

grg wrote:Regardless of your politics and opinions - I am genuinely astonished that former rugby players have said these things - it's a quite disgusting article.

Munro is a disgrace.

Bearing in mind it's The Mail ......

Anyway, I actually though the article majoring on that rather stupid issue rather undermined some of the more interesting things that those former internationals had to say.
zt1903
World Cup Star

Postby grg on Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:24 pm

zt1903 wrote:

Munro is a disgrace.

Bearing in mind it's The Mail ......

Anyway, I actually though the article majoring on that rather stupid issue rather undermined some of the more interesting things that those former internationals had to say.

The British and IRISH Lions top rather undermined it too.
grg
International

Postby grg on Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:58 pm

I see Hastings made a fool of himself again last night - if only he had a shred of self awareness.
grg
International

Postby Frenchy on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:52 pm

grg wrote:I see Hastings made a fool of himself again last night - if only he had a shred of self awareness.

Scott rather than Gavin, on the TV debate? What was he saying?
Frenchy
World Cup Star

Return to The Pub