Edinburgh Rugby FPs & Others

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Edinburgh Rugby FPs & Others

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:26 am

The Chiel wrote:
Wottie wrote:
Crichton Gunner wrote:Wonder if CHH will be staying at Sarries with all that's going on there at the moment?


Well in the context of their pay structures he will be very cheap, and therefore potentially very valuable to them at the moment.


Don't think this is how it's working. Sarries have accepted relegation in order to keep their books closed ( which of course tells it's own story ), and that means they can carry on over the cap this season and fulfil their contractual obligations to players. Next season in the Championship, your point could be very relevant.

However the alternative is given there will be massive player churn at season end, and his current loan contract finishes then ( I assume ), he might well be at the front of the queue to be shown the door as it's a clean break.


Depends how much Itoje, Kruis, Iziekwe, Skelton, Kpoku et Al fancy two years in the championship and Itoje's Lions and England gametime under risk.

I can see a few stars leaving and CHH getting some time there. Or going to Glasgow or Newcastle or such. Can't see him coming back. Refuse to believe that Cockers think Sarries coaches are so much better than him CHH would be best learning from them rather than here. Will have a lot of egg on my face if he's at Edinburgh with Cockers.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 2041
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:44 pm

Re: Edinburgh Rugby FPs & Others

Postby Tichtheid on Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:23 pm

From what little has leaked out I’m not sure Cockers thinks they are better coaches at Sarries, it was a move based in disciplinary action. I don’t see the reason for keeping CHH on the squad list if all bridges had been burned at Edinburgh.

The issue of coaching raises Kelly Brown’s name, he could well have played a part in getting CHH down there, as he is their academy forwards coach, if he comes up for grabs he will be in demand.


I found the Sam H-C interview very interesting, it doesn’t look like he’ll be back at Edinburgh any time soon.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 2219
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:51 pm
Location: Alba Bheag

Re: Edinburgh Rugby FPs & Others

Postby JDCSR on Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:28 pm

Or maybe Saracens just like the look of CHH and have agreed a loan move for a closer look.
JDCSR
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:39 pm

Re: Edinburgh Rugby FPs & Others

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:00 pm

Tichtheid wrote:From what little has leaked out I’m not sure Cockers thinks they are better coaches at Sarries, it was a move based in disciplinary action. I don’t see the reason for keeping CHH on the squad list if all bridges had been burned at Edinburgh.

The issue of coaching raises Kelly Brown’s name, he could well have played a part in getting CHH down there, as he is their academy forwards coach, if he comes up for grabs he will be in demand.


I found the Sam H-C interview very interesting, it doesn’t look like he’ll be back at Edinburgh any time soon.


Aye I'd believe it's discipline but can't see him coming back. Keep CHH on the squad list because he's an Edinburgh player right now. Not sure Cockers has control over the website as much as he wants it!

Good interview with SHC. I'd have been interested to hear his thoughts on his form collapse that led to the low offer.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 2041
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:44 pm

Re: Edinburgh Rugby FPs & Others

Postby Weegie on Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:19 am

According to a friend of a friend who works for Sarries, they love CHH and there was no chance of him coming back before the recent shenanigans. No idea what the situation is now.
Weegie
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 1063
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:45 pm

Re: Edinburgh Rugby FPs & Others

Postby Wottie on Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:52 pm

Friday Knight Lights wrote:Good interview with SHC. I'd have been interested to hear his thoughts on his form collapse that led to the low offer.


If I recall the interview correctly in that regard he reckoned he was in a rich vein of form at the time and was therefore surprised at the value placed on him. My recollection of the season was he was playing like a drain and only gave himself a shake towards the end of the season when his contract was expiring. I always liked him for what he brought through his pace and running, his passing and distribution was woeful however and he didn't seem to be able to fix that (and 6ft 8in standoffs with freakishly long arms are pretty rare)!
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 1655
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:57 pm
Location: Edinburgh

Re: Edinburgh Rugby FPs & Others

Postby Cammo Gunner on Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:29 pm

Weegie wrote:According to a friend of a friend who works for Sarries, they love CHH and there was no chance of him coming back before the recent shenanigans. No idea what the situation is now.

Probably better chance of staying as Sarries will hemorrhage players at the end of the season and will need some handy cost effective guys
Cammo Gunner
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 1284
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:40 pm
Location: Edinburgh

Re: Edinburgh Rugby FPs & Others

Postby Weegie on Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:23 pm

biffer wrote:
Tichtheid wrote:Sammy H-C starting for Lyon against Saints, on now

If he’s playing well he must be close to needing a new contract.

He did play well actually. Including making one try by making a break from the base before giving the scoring pass.
Weegie
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 1063
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:45 pm

Re: Edinburgh Rugby FPs & Others

Postby biffer on Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:30 pm

Cammo Gunner wrote:
Weegie wrote:According to a friend of a friend who works for Sarries, they love CHH and there was no chance of him coming back before the recent shenanigans. No idea what the situation is now.

Probably better chance of staying as Sarries will hemorrhage players at the end of the season and will need some handy cost effective guys


It's not good for his development to be playing at Championship level. Needs to be paying P14, T14 or EP.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 4124
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:07 pm

Re: Edinburgh Rugby FPs & Others

Postby The Chiel on Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:44 pm

CHH starts for Sarries v Quins on Sunday afternoon
The Chiel
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:33 am

Re: Edinburgh Rugby FPs & Others

Postby Tichtheid on Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:29 pm

The Chiel wrote:CHH starts for Sarries v Quins on Sunday afternoon



He had a fairly quiet game in a team getting well and truly pumped. Marcus Smith has been terrific, he’s still only 20 and this is his 75th game for Quins, he is going to be something else, I’ve been a fan since I saw him as an 18 year old.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 2219
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:51 pm
Location: Alba Bheag

Re: Edinburgh Rugby FPs & Others

Postby The Chiel on Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:06 pm

Tichtheid wrote:
The Chiel wrote:CHH starts for Sarries v Quins on Sunday afternoon



He had a fairly quiet game in a team getting well and truly pumped. Marcus Smith has been terrific, he’s still only 20 and this is his 75th game for Quins, he is going to be something else, I’ve been a fan since I saw him as an 18 year old.


Agree with all of that. Interesting bit is if Smith fills the Quins 10 shirt for the next few years, will James Lang fancy a move somewhere - maybe north of the border ? :)
The Chiel
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:33 am

Re: Edinburgh Rugby FPs & Others

Postby doedin on Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:16 pm

Was at the Quins v Bath euro game at The Stoop in November. Weather wasn’t brilliant but it was one of the most awful games of rugby I have ever seen. However Smith shone brightly amongst all the dross around him. He was head and shoulders better than everyone else on the park. Lang is ok, has a big boot but is limited and we have better options at centre and possibly at 10.
doedin
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 1354
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:41 pm

Re: Edinburgh Rugby FPs & Others

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:07 am

Lang is a 13 for Quins so not really needed here funilly enough. Wait a long time for a centre and 5 quality ones show up at the same time.

Cameron Hutchison is looking very impressive in the Super6 too
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 2041
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:44 pm

Re: Edinburgh Rugby FPs & Others

Postby robdinsdale on Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:32 am

Apparently SHC's next stop is Exeter.
robdinsdale
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 1220
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:33 am
Location: Istanbul

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests