Mini Murrayfied

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Mini Murrayfied

Postby biffer on Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:17 pm

joe soap wrote:
dolf_lundgren wrote:I’ll hold judgement until I’ve sat in it, but the pillars don’t look good from a viewing perspective. Other than OST I can’t think why we. Haven’t gone for stands without them, plenty of others seem able to do it.

demountable or temp stands. Look same as the ones behind the posts at Scotstoun. Pillars do look like may be a problem. Also rake looks very shallow although that could be the photo misleading

The rake on the North stand is shallower than the other three. Those three have the terracing at the front so need a higher rake to see over the standers properly I think. But they look much better.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:21 pm

joe soap
World Cup Star

Postby Crichton Gunner on Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:27 pm

I think the pillars are going to affect viewing, no doubt. They don't have a wide profile from the front, but they do from the side. So if you are looking from one 20m line to the other try line then I think they will adversely affect visibility. No doubt having them is a cost issue, but it would definitely be better without them.

My biggest concern is still the wind, though. Prevailing westerlies really howl up the valley between Corstorphine hill and the Pentlands, and in the winter are baltically freezing. It's going to rip through that little stadium, swirling around the ground and stands. There's nothing to protect it from the wind. It'll be difficult for the players and like Ice Station Zebra for the fans (those of a reasonable vintage will know what I'm referring to). Assuming we get to sit in it at some point, wrapping up well is going to be essential to avoid frostbite.
Crichton Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:04 pm

It's official, the stadium is complete

https://www.edinburghrugby.org/the-club ... -completed
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:08 pm

Tichtheid wrote:It's official, the stadium is complete

https://www.edinburghrugby.org/the-club ... -completed

Decent capacity, standing available as well for a "temp" solution looks good to me. Pity it may end up being next season before we get to use it.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby robdinsdale on Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:12 pm

Looks good, shame they can't get fans in straight away.

I'm not someone who will be able to get to a game in the foreseeable future but even when watching on the TV, a game in a small, hopefully full stadium will be a much more enjoyable atmosphere than an echoing Murrayfield. Probably much more attractive for casual or neutral viewers as well.
robdinsdale
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:09 pm

Let’s hope a big take up of season tickets ensure that there are always enough fans to make some noise without away fans, and that there aren’t many spaces left for them.
Any closer to it being named? Someone to name it and crack a bottle of a turnstile.
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:11 pm

"EDINBURGH RUGBY’s new home bound on the back pitches at Murrayfield will be called ‘The DAM Health Stadium’ for the next-five years as part of a seven-figure agreement announced this afternoon."

from TOL
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby artie fufkin on Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:34 pm

To be known going forward as The Dam. Sounds cool to me
artie fufkin
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:35 pm

Going to the Dam rugby, sounds okay?
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby bignose on Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:22 pm

Tichtheid wrote:"EDINBURGH RUGBY’s new home bound on the back pitches at Murrayfield will be called ‘The DAM Health Stadium’ for the next-five years as part of a seven-figure agreement announced this afternoon."

from TOL

Obviously a shedload of money to be made from Covid PCR tests
bignose
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:11 pm

bignose wrote:
Tichtheid wrote:"EDINBURGH RUGBY’s new home bound on the back pitches at Murrayfield will be called ‘The DAM Health Stadium’ for the next-five years as part of a seven-figure agreement announced this afternoon."

from TOL

by a company set up in the last year, whose parent company has no experience in anything medical related and run by what looks like a couple of estate agents. I'd hope Edinburgh gets all the money up front!
joe soap
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:27 am

joe soap wrote:
bignose wrote:

from TOL

by a company set up in the last year, whose parent company has no experience in anything medical related and run by what looks like a couple of estate agents. I'd hope Edinburgh gets all the money up front!

It's probably a valid concern, however given the current circumstances I think ER are to be applauded for striking a "seven figure sum" sponsorship deal. It shows interest in the new stadium and set up is high.
Incidentally, I see they've also struck a deal with Rangers.

If any industry or sector is going to thrive right now it's the tech industries and especially so the testing side, Covid testing isn't going away anytime soon and the potential for testing for illness and other without blood samples is huge.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby The Chiel on Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:06 pm

Thoroughly enjoyed the off field experience - all the staff were really friendly from the off. Of course they should be, but I've been to grounds where it appears you should be grateful you're being allowed in ! Did a full circuit as is my tradition, and it's really well equipped. We visited the clubhouse and watched the last knockings of the Glasgow game. Managed to avoid being given a flag, but obviously lots of wee kids thought this was the business.

We were in the Riverside seats - columns not too much of a problem for viewing, although obviously I'd have preferred none. The video screen is a wee bit too low and small for any replays. Binoculars when I go again. Was very pleasantly surprised by the number of bars and outlets ( although a number just serve cans it appears - I guess fair enough in all the circumstances ). Couldn't see a merch stall - didn't want to buy anything but thought it a missed opportunity. Was the main SRU store open ?

Really impressed by the atmosphere during the game though - must be a real boost to the team.

And the final word as always to Mrs TC. She was mightily impressed by the number of ladies' loos - best she's ever seen at stadiums / theatres ( and she's been to a lot, with and without me ) . Sounds a minor thing, but she'd be very happy to go to another game there, which can only be a good thing.
The Chiel
World Cup Star

Postby Croft_No.6 on Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:05 am

Just on the Merch the main shop is usually open for browsing
Croft_No.6
International

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum