Edinburgh v Benetton Fri 28th Sept

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Edinburgh v Benetton Fri 28th Sept

Postby EWT spoons on Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:12 pm

Fair, totally agree those lads will need to step up into the Edinburgh squad. However with Miller being with 7s I wonder if he's seen as having a future at full 15 level.
EWT spoons
International

Postby robdinsdale on Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:13 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:
Wottie wrote:I think to be fair to Pyrgos (and Kennedy / Fowles the previous week), teams seem to be able to slow our ball down at the breakdown this season in a way that was not evident last season. The ball doesn't seem to be presented properly or the clear out isn't quick enough and they are getting hands all over the ball. It's stopping the 9 getting any tempo getting into our attack. Not sure what the problem is or what has changed?

Think this is perhaps where CDP is being missed he did a lot of ruck clearing. Mata on the other hand is often at the bottom of the ruck as he appears to make every second carry, I think it was 26 or something on Friday.

Mata made 28 carries, which is the most Opta have recorded in a Pro 14 match since 2010/11 :-o
robdinsdale
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:32 pm

robdinsdale wrote:
The Feral Goat wrote:
Wottie wrote:I think to be fair to Pyrgos (and Kennedy / Fowles the previous week), teams seem to be able to slow our ball down at the breakdown this season in a way that was not evident last season. The ball doesn't seem to be presented properly or the clear out isn't quick enough and they are getting hands all over the ball. It's stopping the 9 getting any tempo getting into our attack. Not sure what the problem is or what has changed?

Think this is perhaps where CDP is being missed he did a lot of ruck clearing. Mata on the other hand is often at the bottom of the ruck as he appears to make every second carry, I think it was 26 or something on Friday.

Mata made 28 carries, which is the most Opta have recorded in a Pro 14 match since 2010/11 :-o

wow!

28 carries for 59m gained, that is some shoulder-reddening hard yards.
The others need to step in and help him out in that department

edit, now that I've seen the numbers the others did a fair shift of carrying too
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Previous

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum