Edinburgh Vs Kings

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Edinburgh Vs Kings

Postby Hil on Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:49 pm

from a Sunday Times interview with Callum McRae, there has been a change in the way wingers have been asked to play:

There are improvements to be made. MacRae reveals the coaches “went hard” at the group last month over their tackle completion stats (“a pretty terse conversation”), and a couple of weeks before that the system had been tweaked in a bid to have the wingers put more pressure on the opposition. Twice in the first 1872 Cup match, Duhan van der Merwe got himself in the right place to take advantage of Adam Hastings’ mistakes.
Slam the drop of victory
Hil
World Cup Star

Re: Edinburgh Vs Kings

Postby Tichtheid on Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:30 pm

disco wrote:
Tichtheid wrote:A family do meant that I missed the game yesterday but I've finally caught up with it.

Bergs was my motm, a terrific performance in the set scrum matched by good work around the park, he carried well, made his tackles and passed from the base when required, of course his try was magnificent, it must be from 30m by now.
Close behind was Sutherland, I'd have him ahead of Dell at the moment.

First ever try for Berghan as well. Only took him 60 games to get off the mark...

5 points in 60 games, wot a show pony!
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Previous

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum